Magnum ABC Malaysia Satellite 2006 - Alor Star - Nov 21-26

Discussion in '2006 Tournaments' started by event, Nov 16, 2006.

1. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

So sorry,Loh and I will be on the bus to Singapore tonight.

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Concentrate in your studies gal. :) . Hehhe..

3. yannie

yannie Regular Member

;)
    AIYA ants.. :p

OK, never mind Loh and Kokcheng ;)

4. anfan2000

anfan2000 Regular Member

PROGRAMMER
    WOMEN'S SINGLES
    Sutheaswari Mundukasan vs Anita Raj Kaur
    Anita is young player and win on this match.
    hav'nt any channel is live finals matchs ?

5. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    hey ppl the results are out already.....except for MD

6. yannie

yannie Regular Member

FAINT!!! GO BIN SHEN SOON HOCK!!!!!!!!!!! no1 has results yet.. ha.. sad..

7. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    TBS/OSH won!!!! Congratulations!!!
    24-26, 21-18, 21-15

8. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    They battled for a whole 1 hour.......

9. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    haha...they're back...hope they can do well on the superseries next year....and get back into the top 20

10. yannie

yannie Regular Member

OMG HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope they will be back in top 10 hahahahahahaha

11. LwW^w|n

LwW^w|n Regular Member

ohhh...congratulation bin shen / soon hock!!!
    hope noth the pair, zakry / gan taik chai and tan bin shen / ong soon hock keep winning for Malaysia!!!!
    MALAYSIA BOLEH!!!

12. yannie

yannie Regular Member

ok.. i sent them congratulations already!!! hahahahha.. *_*_*_*_*_*_* they must be hyper now! so long time didn't win anything..

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So, all the Final matches have been concluded.

Malaysian and Korea both went home with 2 titles. Malaysia won the WS and MD, with Sutheaswari Mundukasan and Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock winning their matches today against their fellow compatriots Anita Raj Kaur and Gan Teik Chai/Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif. Sutheaswari nearly lost the match after losing the first set 14-21 and only managed to win the second set in deuce 23-21. She won the third set 21-15 in a match that lasted for 55 mins.

The match between Gan/Zakry vs Tan/Ong lasted for an hr and the score was very close: 24-26, 21-18, 21-15. Can this mark the return of Tan/Ong?

Indonesia won the MS with Jeffer Rosobin yet again triumphant in his 3rd Satellite titles of the year. The young Pelatnas player, Alamsyah Yunus, took the first set 21-14. However, Jeffer managaed to take the second set 21-15. Eventually, Jeffer just managed to beat Alamsyah with the score 22-20 in the deciding rubber in a match that lasted also for an hour.

Korea won the XD, with Shin Baek Cheol/Kim Min Jung beating Tantowi Ahmad/Yulianti in straight sets 21-16, 21-14. The all-Korean battle in the WD was won by Jung Youn Kyung/Kim Min Jung, also in straight sets 21-14, 21-17.

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    The state of Indonesian badminton

This is the state of Indonesian badminton... Jeffer who is almost 30 keep winning the Satellites and none of the youngsters can compete well enough...:crying: Hopefully the PBSI plans for next year [more domestic Sirkit Nasional tournaments] will happen and Indonesian players will have more chances to compete in a competitive setting....

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It's expected from the beginning that NONE of the Pelatnas players sent to the Malaysian Satellite will achieve anything because they are mainly the young and backup pairs. Nitya/Nadya are seeded first because of their ranking. But, Kim MIn Jung's presence in WD and XD will almost guarantee titles in these 2 events.

I would argue that there are some promising displays, especially from Alamsyah Yunus, Sylvinna Kurniawan (unfortunately, she's not in Pelatnas yet), Andreas Adityawarman and Tantowi Ahmad/Yulianti.

Yoga/Yoke, Rendra/Frans, and Nitya/Nadya still lack the big match experience which hopefully can be gained in the next 1-2 years. As for Bona/Ahsan and Shendy/Devi, they will continue to be sent to the now revamped Asian Satellites next year.

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree... :)

By the way, Sylvinna and Belaetrix won't be sent to Pelatnas unless Pelatnas shape up [managerially and financially]. Somehow, without coordination, Djarum and Jaya Raya think the same way. Since the two are argueably the best Juniors of 2006, the clubs would rather train them internally. Thus, last time when they were called up for selection, they weren't even sent to try out.

As for next year's Pelatnas selection, I also still doubt whether those two will be sent to try out. Things have not improved much in Cipayung yet... If the clubs have extra funds, they will sculpture Sylvi and Bela themselves... :cool:

17. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

I think it too.
    Currently Pelatnas for Single player isn't better if compared with Djarum or Jaya Raya clubs. This is the reason why Indonesia difficult to find 4th MS in TC. Much different with condition in early 90s, INA MS was over supply with Ardy, Allan, Hermawan, Joko, Bambang, Fung & Haryanto Arby. All these players were trained by Rudy Hartono when junior.

Christian as senior coach in double was stayed in Cipayung with highly dedication, so far not much problem with double player generation.
    Rudy Hartono don't have much time to stay in Pelatnas Cipayung and he came there rarely. Most of Single coach are still beginner, "Out of date" technically or "trial and error" methods. Not strange much players were injury and not good progress like Sony Dwi Kuncoro, also some these players should be has better performance Silvi Antarini, Maria Kristin, Firdasari.

It will be hard choice, train in Clubs or Pelatnas. Pia Zebadiah had same problems before join to Pelatnas, but I think she has found the solving. Watching the progress, I prefer Pia still trained in Jaya Raya too. When in club, she beat some Pelatnas player like Wiwis Meyliana, Rosaria easily and almost beat Maria Kristin. In Pelatnas looked her performance is far from Maria and lost to club player Sylvinna Kurniawan. :confused:

#137 Sandy, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I am pretty sure Ardy, Hermawan, Joko, Fung, and Haryanto was never trained by Rudy Hartono because they were not from Jaya Raya nor are they from Suryanaga... they were trained by Tong Sin Fu [for sure]... They always talk about Mr. Tong favorably and in high esteem...

As for Pia... I think you are right. I was surprised myself that Pia was beaten by Sylvi. Later on, Sylvi advanced to Surabaya and Malaysia Satellite... maybe she is good... Anyway, I think Ibu Retno of Jaya Raya would have held on to Pia longer if she had her way....

My opinion: judging from Pia's maneuverability, Pia will be a good doubles player, but won't be as successful as a singles player. Pelatnas is a good place for doubles development. Many good partner choices and good coaches....

19. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    Sandy, Badmania, and Krisna,

Thank you for sharing your insight on Indonesia Badminton. We don't seem to get enough of this here unlike the more publicized (and repeated & repeated) Malaysian Badminton scene.

I was hoping to find out all your opinion about Indra Gunawan as a coach. Like how his knowledge and contribution stands / compares in the heirachy of Indonesia Badminton. Perhaps more details about his achievements, contributions and succesfull protoges he has developed.

Thank you so much in advance.

TBBMBB(N)

20. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Indra Gunawan?

First of all, let me state that I do not know him personally... and actually have never met him in person.

The opinion of the people that know him [club administrators, former Pelatnas players, and people within PBSI] have all been negative. Always giving him the thumbs down.

Actually, just one hour ago, I was playing badminton with a former Pelatnas singles player, he was coached by Tong Sin Fu in the 90s. Indra was the assistant coach of the singles players. He said Indra was not helpful at all. Cannot correct the technical mistakes or give solution to problems that a player has. Also, he said Indra copied Tong's program blindly without a deep understanding of what's behind it. So, when later on Tong was assigned to coach the doubles team and Indra was in charge of the singles team, Indra just said do this do that according to what he had copied before without regards to the individual player's need. The former Pelatnas player even gave examples of movements that Tong could solve for him and Indra could not even figure out what was the basic problem...

Some other comments that I hear in the past also include things like he is arrogant [maybe to cover up inadequecies] and monetarily greedy... I don't think any of the 5 big clubs of Indonesia and Pelatnas have any intentions of hiring him. They all know of his track record and reputation.

Again, I am just passing the stories that I heard. Please, you cannot take my word for it.