LWW/CTF : So close yet so near

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by YelSttr, May 6, 2007.

1. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Good communication among each other. I hv faith the combination will become better.

2. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

yup.. their communication is getting better nowadays.. finally, they accept each other and give encouragement on court..

3. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    Great!!Argue is not a way to settle all the doubts n to correct the mistakes they did!!encouragement is much more better than we keep bashing on them!!:p
    Tat's y LWW/CTF are still the top players in Mas..We never c the vetearans giv bad comments of each others..no much excuses they give when they lost!!

#163 Felicia_txh, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  4. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Agree. Based on their current form, they are among top-4 in the world (the other 3 are CY/FHF, KKK/TBH and TG/CW). If they had received a more favorable draw in this IO, they are certainly capable of entering their 3rd consecutive final.

5. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    Absolutely!!!!

Agree with you Han! The correct term for CTF/LWW is "Garbage Men" because they are doing the dirty work to clear the path for their team mates.

In basketball the garbage men usually do the dirty work by clearing the boards or collecting rebounds and let the shooter to score and get the limelight.

6. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Sorry to disagree. Garbage men won't be allowed to win titles when the favoured is present. CTF/LWW beat KKK/TBH to win the ABC07 recently.Maybe you're referring to CH (before he retired) or CY now. You guys just cannot forgive them, can you? Why not wait and see? The future is hard to tell but the amazing thing is they are still playing tops. Maybe even better than before but good only for one tournament. Still there are many chances.

7. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Yes, I still hold my view that CTF/LWW is among the top-4 MD pairs in the world at this point of time. Judging from their performance in SO and perhaps IO, I think they have the capability to be among the best. What prevent them from winning more titles is their lack of mental toughness at the crucial moments. It would be 40:60 when they face CY/FHF and 50:50 when they face CW/TG or KKK/TBH. Howver, they do have the slight edge if their opponents are MK/HS, JJS/LYD (or JJS/LJJ) or JE/MLH.

8. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

Singapore Open:

hendra/ joko over MLH/JE :crying: :crying: :crying:

9. Tommy Susanto

Indonesia Open:

MFMT/MZAL over MLH/JE 26-24 25-23 :crying: :crying: :crying:

10. Tommy Susanto

The agony in defeat(s)

Sour grapes james, since my goodness swiss open, aren't you eh? Now it has turned into assortment of sour pies:D :D :D I saw the game KJ played the other day, and i hope he can take defeat well:crying: :crying:pG needs him now more than ever. Bloom-Bloom Bloom-Bloom:D

11. Tommy Susanto

One can stick to what he sees, you certainly do not need to give accounting for BCers. However if you must, you may analyse the state of england BA:rolleyes: After devoting all the resources, money,time, coaching efforts but only to XD department, have you accomplised what you want?:rolleyes: Or perhaps may be you need a PROACTIVE leader who has vision? Uk has been in badminton scene for longer than Germany, France, and some others; but they are making progress with pair like KH/IK and the Bulgarian gal Petya Nedeltcheva who lost to WC today. You have a new player in Robert Adcock and a new coach from Korea?? I wish you well. As for Gail/Nathan, what have you done for mother england lately?:eek: And for JE/MLH, just get used to the defeat(s), they are not getting any better:crying: :crying: :crying:

12. KlasseE

KlasseE Regular Member

I fully agree. There are full of lousy fans in BC!!!

13. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

they are enjoying badminton. they wont give excuse when they lost because they know they had given their very best. i like seeing LWW/CTF play too. smash defense smash defense. this is what spectators want to see.

14. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    This is not the first occasion that the Malaysian duo Lee-Choong let the Championship slip:

(1) Thomas Cup Final (can't remember which year)
    (2) 2004 All England Final
    (3) 2007 Singapore Open Final

I really couldn't continue watching that I switched off the TV when they were trailing 18-20 in the decider set.
    Disappointing and heartbreaking again.

They have all the skills but not mental strength.

Are they going to hang up their racquets with plenty of runners-up?

#174 robin7, May 15, 2007
    Last edited: May 15, 2007