LWW/CTF : So close yet so near

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by YelSttr, May 6, 2007.

1. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Why was he/she banned?

Btw i was with LWW after his lost at the hotel. He doesnt seems to be much affected by it negatively even he knows its a waste that they lost the match. But anything can happen on court. But he and CTF knows that they still have it. Even they lost, many were encouraging them. Well i do personally hope they will do well in Indo Open.

2. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Ants do u know hows the condition of KKK/TBH, hope the boys wont get too discouraged after their 1st round lost...

3. Indah

Indah Regular Member

If he is not affected with the loss after coming so close, LWW should get his head examined. I put a huge question mark on his motivation.

Will be extremely hard for them to do a repeat in the IO.

4. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

I don't care whether tg/cw has more big titles than ctf/lww.I deal with the present.The point is they are making a great comeback.Last year they were losing to just about every MD and (compounded by Rexy's unkind remarks) would have their confidence shaken to the core.When you sink that low, it's very tough to rise up,esp. with unrelentless jibes from MAS fans who are great as badminton relics and cannot see beyond their noses .When you can rise above all that pressure to suffocate, it is indicative of champion material.Well they have won one title (and kkk/tbh are champions in their own right!) and when I look at the quality of the MD match,both ctf/lww and cy/fhf are champions.Unfortunately there's only one first prize which could have gone either way.
    What ctf/lww should have done ,given that they have that choice, is to let go of G2 and tire cy/fhf out like kkk/tbh did in AE07 so they have enough energy to win G3.When you cannot match your opponent in physical stamina, it's easier to take it in 3 games rather than 2. That's what Boonsak did against LD.Also in physical pacing,it's easier to win with energy usage like max,min,max rather than max,max,max because the 3rd max may not last till the end of the match.Even LD plays that way with tough opponents like LCW although LD is known for his physical stamina.
    ok,so you said ctf/lww never learn their lesson. What advice would you give them so they can close out properly?

5. liying_0505

liying_0505 Regular Member

Student
    Both pairs are good. CTF/LWW's defense were pretty. Much more better the the previous years. They really do improved under the coaching of Rexy, =)..... Still the same old prob, after leading ....they lost in the end....pathetic. Nvm, Keep on going CTF/LWW....Hope to see both of you perform well in World Champ in aug!!!

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

For loudmouthing everyone and everything ?:)

7. Felicia_txh

Felicia_txh Regular Member

Student
    I don think they r emotional..they can control their emotion better than others..;)

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

so, you still think KKK/TBH is the greatest? we don't live in history. the fact is they had lost. if you bashed LWW/CTF because they lost in the FINAL, isn't it worst for KKK/TBH to lose in the FIRST ROUND?? if you keep look to the past because they won something great, THEN YOU WILL STILL THINK HAFIZ HASHIM IS THE GREATEST FOR WINNING THE ALL ENGLAND. of course, as fellow malaysians, i do hope KKK/TBH can bounce back. TBH has the champion factor but KKK needs to change his attitude.
    Your mentality must change too. we cannot always regard history as yardstick. we look at the present and future. winning something big once does not mean that you are great. many past champions flop and look at Gopichand who won the All England title too. what happen to his career after that victory? his performance slides and he turned into a coach.
    To me, correct attitude is the champion factor. Boonsak did not win any All England or Asian Games or Swiss Open, but he is a champion in Singapore. Taufik won major tournaments consistently while Lin Dan holds the no.1 ranking for a long time. Peter Gade won the Malaysia Open despite being hospitalized a few days before the tournament. It's the correct attitude that is important, not past achievements. Know??

9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Do you know how many times they came back from surgery?? If you are them, you think you can revive your career?? salute to LWW/CTF for fighting against age and injury. You do some search first.
    in the past, when Cheah Soon Kit/Yap Kim Hock are our no.1 pair, LWW/CTF play as no.2 in thomas cup. they are consistent being the no.2 and no.1 in malaysia till today. if you think they useless, why Rexy still wants them? Don't forget, LWW/CTF and KKK/TBH are ASSURED of their places in World Championship.
    We had Zakry/Fairuz, Chan/Hoon, Lin/Gan and Tan/Ong in national team, but why Rexy still keep LWW/CTF?? simply because they still have the fire to go on and on. IF YOU HATE MY JUDGMENT, YOU GOT TO BELIEVE REXY'S JUDGMENT.

10. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

According to Rexy, their lost to Tazari/Zakry is nothing to do with the attitude problem, and he was also satisfy on KKK's commitment in training. And did i mention anything about KKK/TBH being the greatest? To me they are only consider great after they've won WC and OC.
    My point is, losing to teammates does not made them hopeless losers. Hv faith in Rexy at least, he believe in wat the boys and capable of. :cool:

11. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Let us forget this argument. We cannot base the performance of the past for the future, either way.

If they don't win today, it does not mean they will not win tomorrow, and even if they win today, it may not mean they will win tomorrow.

Attitudes -- everyone has them, lesser or greater. I think for the case of KKK, it was a case of him being carried away, not amounting to a real bad attitude. The quickness in his response to saying he is sorry suggested he was too naive when it happened, and he said it was a lesson learned.

Rexy acknowledged the guy was back to seriousness in his training and had already forgiven him. So what I am saying to you is that you are both right in saying what you said.

Take every view in moderation.:)

#131 X Ball, May 8, 2007
    Last edited: May 8, 2007
  12. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Spoken like a sage.Thanks for the wisdom. So MAS fans, would you pls move forward now?

13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Touche, my friend. MAS fans like me are so vocal. (laugh)

14. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

if their lost to Tazari/Zakry has nothing to do with attitude problem and KKK's commitment in training, then why they still lost? a lost is a lost. LWW/CTF lost because of their eagerness to end the 2nd set at matchpoint.
    what about KKK/TBH? ok, i listen to you that they are committed and their attitude problem is not a problem. in that case, what are the reasons that they lost?? it means tazari/zakry is simply BETTER in terms of skills and speed? then i'll listen to you that tazari/zakry is BETTER. thanks for enlighting me. more of good show from tazari/zakry and CTF/LWW in the future. and not forgetting our KKK/TBH who are still figuring out how to win their own teammates.

15. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

If u choose to insist on the attitude problem and ignore even Rexy's comment, well there is nothing much i can say :cool:

16. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

hahaha, now will you take my advice ?:D

17. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Yes yes, am very tired already hehe :p

18. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    thank you very much! :)

he or she is such a jerk!

19. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

I am not insisting on attitude problem. i already hinted that Tazari/zakry is better. rexy has the vision to produce good pairs. Tazari/Zakry is the latest example. that's why KKK/TBH lost. If KKK/TBH can win the Asian Games, All England, Swiss Open and Malaysia Open suddenly after pairing up, why not Tazari/Zakry?? I have faith in Tazari/Zakry recent success. Credits to LWW/CTF. again, i repeat, KKK/TBH does not have attitude problem, but they need to find out how to beat their teammates again. happy?? ;) of course you are right, but you just don't grasp my meaning earlier.

20. Indah

Indah Regular Member

I am all eyes for the coming IO .... personally, I dont think KKK has it in him to come back. I think he will be just another underperforming shuttler in BAM stable. So, lets see whether I am proven wrong or not. ;)