Lin Dan vs. Ronald Susilo

Discussion in 'Olympics ATHENS 2004' started by SteveStanley, Aug 15, 2004.

1. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Hah, that explains it!! Lin Dan was working on improving his salute instead of his game. Serves him right, then!:D

Good luck to those that remain (Ronald/WongCH/Gade/Taufik/LeeHI). Now's your chance to take his place in final.

2. mixture

mixture Regular Member

I didn't watch the live cuz there wasn't a live on TV in China that day. Maybe we chinese ppl took for granted that Dan's going to win~~~But in my opinion,his lost is not exactly as some media commented, though some changes occured in his mind during such a tough match. From some later programmes I've seen that Dan's really nervous that day.After all that was his first attempt in Olympics.I don't think that he kept thinking that he's "SUPER DAN" all the time and as a result didn't pay much attention to whether the training or the match. That's not him. In the chinese language,LIN DAN's name means effective and efficient ways to handle a troublesome situation.So I'm still confident with him.
    PS:As to some of his antics,I think they're just one man's habit in playing or in doing sth.Nothing to complain~lol~

And,Ronald Susilo's girlfriend is a beautiful and talented Chinese table-tennis player called Li Jiawei now representing Singapore. I've seen her once in a match in China.Hmm~she's great~!

3. *izzyC*

*izzyC* Regular Member

I guess he has to pay the price for being over confidence... Maybe his defeat can motivate him to perform better in the future... With Lin Dan out of the competition, everyone else has a better chance to win the gold.. Though i hate to say this but i have to admit that the badminton games is not interesting without Lin Dan...

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Small Countries Can Shine At The World Stage

#204 Loh, Aug 17, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  5. chinadoll

chinadoll Regular Member

yah if he learnt his lesson this time... he will do better next time...
    and will become the real SUPER DAN :)

6. Adel

Adel Regular Member

Student
    Well said, Wilfred!

7. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yes, well done the S'porean.

(On another note, many people emigrate to N America and call themselves Candian/American. So why not S'porean:D)

8. rayeraye

rayeraye Regular Member

when a reporter saw lin dan at the badminton stadium at the 17th, he asks lin dan hows he doing for these two days. lin dan says after he lost that match, he couldnt sleep that night, and he kept thinking about match, he was really disappointed. now hes feeling a little bit better and hes helping to video tape men's singles competitions. when asked about his future, dan says hes still young, hes still got a lot of tourments ahead of him and this lose will be an experience for him. he also says he will take it like a real man, he wont let this to effect his self-esteem and he'll be back. he got a lot of messages from his old pals from bayi(chinese army team) after his lost the match, they didnt mention about the match, they just talked about other things and they also invited him to drink wz them when he comes home. when the reporter asks if hes a good drinker, dan says he will always get drunk.

also, i like this li yongbo quote:
    "competition is just this cruel. winning brings you joyfulness, losing brings you agony. but you choose this kind of job, you have chose to live between joyfulness and agony. pressure will always be with you, there's nothing you can do about it. every athlete has to learn to how to face it."

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you Cheung. Knowing Ronald, I don't think he can be an extrovert like Lin Dan for he is too "well-mannered" and modest. Furthermore his lovely gf, Queen of Singapore Table-Tennis, Miss Li, will be extremely jealous if Ronald should strip, although Singapore has relaxed many of the strict "rules" to allow for greater "individualism" such as bar-top dancing! :D

But I have to support you that we need more of Lin Dan's sparkle and court antics to draw more attention to our game and attract greater media coverage. I think we must have missed Lin Dan's 'super-army-salute-drama' intended for his Olympic gold-winning match appearance. Unfortunately, it has to take Ronald to spoil his plans1 :(

Maybe Lin Dan will think of more dramatic and colourful outings in the near future! ;)

10. Toast

Toast Regular Member

Susilo

This is the 1st time that i saw ronald play. Indeed, the spirit he displayed during the games was memerising. Of coz the set back came when Thailand tried to frustrate him during the game. I was so looking forward to him play again; it looked so bright that he's gonna drench our medal drought when chen hong was knocked out. Maybe thats just god's will. Any way, his gf was in the semi-final, hope that helps him perks up alittle.

Btw, do u think he's back at SG?

11. Toast

Toast Regular Member

There are sportsmen out there who rep the country that they aren't born in.

Now that Ronald is Singaporean. And that is a fact since 2 yrs ago.. Alright....

12. Sylar

Sylar Regular Member

woops wrong thread

#212 Sylar, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Is there any download links or videos of this match right now? Would love to see the match again.