Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. HenryY

HenryY Regular Member

Hi Mony, the N9ii has a bravesword type frame which swings quickly. The racket is not head heavy like the N901 or Z-force.so I believe you won't get too tired from swinging it. The flex shaft helps generate power too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jays-8 and Mony like this.
  2. Mony

Mony New Member

Ahhhh great :D Thank you, Henry
    I was worried because I'm so used to 4U rackets which is only slightly head heavy.

3. HenryY

HenryY Regular Member

I was worried about the 3U weight too, but it played fine with the fast frame, didn't really feel the 3U weight bothered me.

Mony likes this.
  4. Mony

Mony New Member

Cool !!! :D

5. Orangbiasa

Orangbiasa Regular Member

Has anyone tried both out n99 and n9ii? Is there much difference between the two in terms of stiffness, power, balance point, etc?..thanks in advance

6. Jinyuan

Jinyuan Regular Member

Been looking for N9ii but seems out of stock in whole of Singapore..anyone knows where I can buy one?

7. kyruszai

kyruszai Regular Member

u can find easily at shops over at Queensway or Outstanding badminton at Onekentridge

8. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I received my 3u n9ii last night, and I just had a 2 hours session with the racquet. My first impression is that it plays very similar to my go-to racquet, my 3u victor js10 (previously was using a 3u victor jjs). Clear and net shots are very good. Smash and control definitely have reminiscent of my js10. And like my js10, smash and clear shots are very impressive and powerful. If it didn't have a different paint job, I would of thought that I was playing with my js10. Strange enough, even though it feels the same as my js10, I still notice a timing difference in the n9ii. I guess it is because of the slightly different head shape of the racquet. I will definitely play with it more to truly feel the difference.

#28 Konquerian, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  9. Orangbiasa

Orangbiasa Regular Member

Which racket is stiffer?

10. Konquerian

I would say that the js10 is a little more stiff, but the swing speed feels similar. According to the victor specs, the js10 is 4/5 stiff, so I would say the n9ii is like 3.5/5 stiff. I will use the n9ii for more of my upcoming sessions, and then I'll write more details on the performance comparison.

Orangbiasa likes this.
  11. siongbing

siongbing Regular Member

I have a n9ii... How could a js10 and n9ii be similiar as n9ii is head heavy racquet while the js10 is a balance racquet.?

12. Konquerian

If I only looked at the specs, I would totally agree with you. But after playing with both racquets, especially playing 30+ hours with my 3u js10, I definitely find that both racquets are very similar. Maybe the 4u js10 will be a different story with the weight difference, however, I also find it odd that the two racquets felt so similar to me, although not saying they are exactly the same. But of course, it is only my opinion, different users will definitely have different feelings.

The different head weight distribution might have something to do with it also, as the head weights are mainly at the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock of the head frame, instead of at 2 o'clock and 10 o'clock like many of the other head heavy racquets, but that's also just my 2 cents.

#32 Konquerian, May 20, 2017
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
    Orangbiasa likes this.
  13. ganandoor56

ganandoor56 Regular Member

hey!
    Thank you for your reviews/comparisons!
    Can you give a comparison between the N9II and Voltric LDF please? :)
    Same stiffness? Smashing power between those two? Is N9II faster?

Orangbiasa likes this.
  14. Konquerian

I have only had one 2 hours session with the n9ii so far, so I will need more time with it to do a more detailed comparison. However, I do have about 15+ hours on my 4u voltric ldf to do a quick comparison, and I think the ldf's stiffness is comparable to my js10, so the ldf is a little more stiff than the n9ii.

Stiffness: js10=ldf>n9ii
    Smash: n9ii>=js10>ldf

In terms of speed, since my ldf is a 4u, the speed is very similar to my 3u js10, so I can only say that my 3u n9ii is a little bit faster than my 4u ldf but only a tad. However, if I was using a 3u ldf, I can safely assume the n9ii will be faster. Both racquets are very accurate at landing the shuffle at where I aim. Both are great at net shots. Since I only had a limited time with my n9ii, my comparison is still very young, but I'll write back with more detail after I spend more time with it. I hope my 2 cents help.

#34 Konquerian, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
    ganandoor56 and Orangbiasa like this.
  15. JackCheah

JackCheah New Member

I have both vtldf and N9ii too. Both feels almost the same for me as well and since my ldf is 4u version, I cannot speak for 3u ldf. However I feel that o cwm smash better with N9ii, not sure what contributes to it.

Currently trying to decide to settle on one racquet and selling the other away and I am still in dilema on which to choose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JOKL and Orangbiasa like this.
  16. Konquerian

I agree that the n9ii does smash better than the 4u ldf. One of the li ning techs called turbocharging might be the contributing factor to the extra smash power. If you are deciding on which racquet to keep though, I would suggest to play with both racquets in equal hour sessions, and feel which racquet is more natural in your hand. Your arm should be able to give you the answer you need, as to which one feels more natural as an extension of your arm. It's always sad if you have to decide which one to let go. I'm lucky enough to be able to keep all my racquets. Both the n9ii and the ldf are excellent racquets, so I wouldn't want to be in your predicament. I hope my 2 cents can help you a little.

#36 Konquerian, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
    Saru, Apocalic and ganandoor56 like this.
  17. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Is n9ii as head heavy as ldf? If i remember well, 4u ldf does feel head lighter compared to 3u ldf. Thx

18. Konquerian

The head heavy of my 4u ldf and my 3u n9ii do feel similar. I have a Victor meteor jjs, and that is definitely a 4/5 head heavy racquet. I would say the head heavy of the n9ii would be at most a 4/5, but imo closer to 3.5/5 head heaviness, which is the rating I would give to my 4u ldf as well. But as for the 3u ldf, which I don't own one, it will be a different story.

#38 Konquerian, May 21, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017
  19. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Thx. Do you think it's powerful enough for singles as well?

20. Konquerian

Funny you asked about the n9ii for singles, I had an hour of my 2 hours session playing singles. I was experiencing a little timing issue due to how I'm used to my js10, and the difference in head shape and weight compared to the n9ii, even only slightly, made a difference in my swing timing. But after I got the timing more under control, it was only powerful and accurate smashes that I can see and feel, and easy back court clear shots. But I only had one 2 hours session with the racquet since after I got it, I will need more time with it to learn the racquet's personality more.

However, as a first impression, and it's just my 2 cents, I would say that my 3u n9ii swings like a 4u in speed, but packs a punch of a 3u in smash with near pinpoint accuracy, and handles net shots like a control based racquet. Those are all the qualities of my 3u victor js10 as well, hence why I mentioned in my previous posts that the 3u n9ii and 3u js10 felt so similar to me. If you plan on playing singles with the n9ii, I can definitely see the potential, but have in mind that li ning crafted this racquet for doubles play more than for singles play. It doesn't necessarily means that it can't handle singles, but I just thought I mention the creator's intent for the racquet. I, for one, will be more than happy to play singles with it, and with confidence.