Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. AK77

AK77 Regular Member

wavius,

if you have a chance to try out 3U VTLD-, please post your views on it.
    meanwhile i will try to borrow n9ii from friends to try out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Using a BS11 right now. Think the N9ii will be an improvement ? Any thoughts ? Love the BS11 cuz its lightning quick but think its lacking a bit in smash power

3. scps88

scps88 Regular Member

n/a
    LDF suffers in terms of swing speed & notably more taxing to use compared to N9II; which affects fast flat drive & defense in doubles. With that said, VTLDF is still fast for a head heavy racket.

4. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

It sounds you really enjoy the n9ii as much as I am. I'm glad to see more people are using and reviewing this racquet. It's definitely one of the best racquets I've used so far. Nice review btw ;)!

I see you got the green version of the racquet. I currently have the blue pink black version, and I had it strung with violet bg80 @ 26lbs. The string and racquet work like a charm together. I'm planning to get another n9ii for backup, and the store I bought it from finally carries the green version. I'll soon be getting one and having it strung with green bg80 :D.

#84 Konquerian, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  5. Konquerian

I'm glad you like the n9ii. It's definitely my current favorite. I would love to hear more feedbacks from you on it, and I will also give more inputs here as I put more hours on it, so we can share thoughts :).

pierreyj likes this.
  6. jobdelacruz

jobdelacruz Regular Member

Draughtsman/CAD Designer
    I too turn to the dark side, haha! My bad ass twins.
    N9ii is indeed a great racket to behold as per review here in BC. I can generate great smash and defend faster with this racket! Thanks for all the review! Drool haha!

Strung with No. 1 @ 27lbs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#86 jobdelacruz, Jun 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  7. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

Which one do you pick up first? ;)

8. jobdelacruz

jobdelacruz Regular Member

Draughtsman/CAD Designer
    The Old Black/Pink color scheme. It just have a wow factor!

Saru and pierreyj like this.
  9. badmintony

badmintony Regular Member

Have you had the chance to compare this with an arcsaber 11 or a Jetspeed 12?

DuckFeet likes this.
  10. pierreyj

pierreyj Regular Member

It's faster than JS12, a bit more head heavy maybe but definitely more power out of it, more flex and a much better feel on hit. Check previous pages also, the JS12 was mentioned quite a lot I think.

11. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Any of you can compare it to N80?

12. wavius

wavius New Member

Thanks, your review also helped with my racquet purchase! I love the colour of the green version, and the shiny paint. BG80 should be a good string for it. I used to string my Kason F9 with BG80, and it worked really well. Switched to NBY99 a couple of years back though for a bit more of a softer feeling, more durability, control and a bit more power. However with the NBY99 the coating made it more difficult to execute slice drops and cut shots compared with the BG80 rougher feel.

I have now played 12 hr sessions with the n9ii and I have come to the conclusion this is an all-out attacking racquet. I have finally got the timing of my jump smashes right with it and it really makes for a devastating rear court attack. As highlighted in my earlier reviews one of the issues of the n9ii is mid-court drives, which suffered from a lack of power using a wrist only method. But now I have figured out that by putting a lot more arm power into the drives it makes for much more dangerous attacks, and counter-attacks.

As a result I feel to get the most out of the racquet requires a very demanding style of play, with the use of a lot of arm and shoulder power. If you are playing doubles, which I do most of the time, it is for a rear court attacking player which needs a fast front court player to cover. It is not a racquet designed for slower tactical stroke play, like drop, set, push, clear, drive etc, but rather for repeated rear court smashing like FHF.

Having said that the n9ii is easy to use, and you can play that kind of slower game, and the racquet does perform well in all circumstances. For example, you can drive and get a lot of fun from driving a sports car at 60mph, but you know it can go over 100mph! It's the same for the n9ii, you have to crank up your swing speed to maximum power for the racquet to really shine. It's easy to swing hard and the aerodynamics, mid flex shaft and stable frame meant that even after a 3 hr session I could still manage jump smashes with it, and off centre hits didn't cause jarring shocks to my shoulder. Using a heavier racquet like the ZFII with a BP of 325mm vs the 295mm of my n9ii I tired much more easily, and off centre hits caused all the shocks to be absorbed by my shoulder.

What I have found is that the n9ii does suffer from a lack of accuracy compares to smaller head racquets like the ZFII and Z SP. This was also the case with its earlier predecessor the Kason F9, though the n9ii is a big improvement to the F9. Lifts to the rear are harder to control as arm power is required to get the required height and distance. To compensate for this next time I will increase the tension from 28Ib back to 30Ib, which was the usual tension I had for the F9.

#92 wavius, Jun 10, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
    dave010 likes this.
  13. JackCheah

JackCheah New Member

[​IMG]

Look at the flex on that n9ii!! FHF has a really strong arm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. salepang

salepang Regular Member

How the n9ii swing speed compare to arc11?and how n9ii play drive compare to arc11?..tq

#94 salepang, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  15. necrohiero

necrohiero Regular Member

Student
    I will try this beauty. Eventhough i usually have a problem with flex rackets.

16. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

It's not extra stiff but not a noodle either even tho head heavy.

Swing faster than a arc11 and solid feel. Slower than my bs11 4u but the n9ii pack more punch in smash for sure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Samboiz

Samboiz New Member

What's the main differences between N9ii and BS12? And what play style would these rackets compliment?

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

18. Junye

Junye Regular Member

Evening Badminton Player.
    Interesting, i don't find N9ii flexible at all.
    from my current newer rackets, It is probably as stiff as NR900 or D10. (loses to JS10, ZF2)
    JS12...it does not even come close in term of stiffness.

Faster. Easier in drive play. it's more direct with n9ii .. . Not that it triumphs ARC11, just that the approach of using it is different... more similar to JS10.

BS12 better for drives and front court player.
    N9ii is easier for rear court player (better for smashing, but don't expect to be Fu Hai Feng if you don't have his muscles... hahah please don't believe that it can smash harder than ZF2.)

19. AreYouEvenMad

AreYouEvenMad Regular Member

Is it just a different paint job, or are these two different versions? If yes, where's the difference between the two?

BTW, has anyone compared the N9 II to the N90-III? :)

20. Konquerian

It's just a different paint job, so they are both the same. The n9ii also comes in a shiny red color as well, but I find that to be a little distasteful.

I don't have a n90iii to answer that question (I'm sure many others will be able to help with that), but I would definitely recommend trying out the n9ii if you have the chance. It's a beast of a racquet.

dvanio likes this.