Japan Open 2007 draws!!

Discussion in 'India Open / Japan Open / Chinese Taipei Open / Ma' started by george@chongwei, Aug 28, 2007.

1. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

latest from international.org... looks like there will be clash of the titans....LCW vs HAFIZ, gade vs WCH, TH vs CH...Sony vs ronald, while BOONSAK vs BCL.... these are the exciting matches to be played DURING the JAPAN OPEN 2007 1ST ROUND of the Men Single...for more information about other event draw,go here http://internationalbadminton.org to find out...
    cheers:):)

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

A bad draw for Team INA :mad:

MS
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Ronald Susilo -- the winner should take on Lee Chong Wei. Could it be a rematch?

Taufik Hidayat vs Chen Hong

Simon Santoso vs Lee Tsuen Tseng -- the winner will play against either Bao Chunlai or Boonsak Ponsana

WSQ
    Adriyanti Firdasari vs Wang Yihan :mad:

WS
    Maria Kristin Yulianti vs Petya Nedeltchva

MD
    Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan vs Hendra A. Gunawan/Joko Riyadi (that's the third time they are drawn together :cool:) -- a super unlucky draw for AG/Joko yet again.

Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya vs Howard Bach/Bob Malaythong Khan -- winner takes on Gan Teik Chai/Lin Woon Fui.

Luluk Hadiyanto/Alvent Yulianto vs Tsai Chia-Hsin/Hu Chung-Hsian -- winner should play against Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong :mad:

WD
    Vita Marissa/Lilyana Natsir vs Johanna Persson/Elin Berglom -- an easy opener before a tough match against Gao Ling/Huang Sui in the second round.

Rani Mundiasti/Endang Nursugianti vs Satoko Suetsuna/Miyuki Maeda -- a tough match against the home pair.

XD
    Nova Widianto/Lilyana Natsir vs Xu Chen/Zhao Tingting -- a tough opener for the World Champion and winning the match should see a matchup against Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Yu Mi

Flandy Limpele/Vita Marissa vs Jens Eriksen/Helle Nielsen -- a relatively good draw for Flandy/Vita with Nathan Robertson/Gail Emms waiting for them yet again in the QF.

Other interesting matchups with many of them involving fellow team-mates:

MS
    Peter Gade vs Wong Choong Hann
    Lee Chong Wei vs Mohd Hafiz Hashim
    Bao Chunlai vs Boonsak Poonsana

WS
    Zhu Lin vs Yip Pui Yin

MD
    Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun vs Guo Zhendong/Xie Zhongbo
    Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong vs Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock
    Simon Mollyhus/Anders Kristiansen vs Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen

WD
    Chou Chia-Chi/Ku Pei-Ting vs Chien Yu-Chin/Cheng Wen-Hsing

XD
    Anthony Clark/Donna Kellogg vs Lee Yong Dae/Ha Jung Eun
    Lee Jae Jin/Hwang Yu Mi vs Tan Wee Kiong/Woon Khe Wei

3. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Wow...A very exciting draw and expect to have a lot of surprise this time.LCW will meet Sony Kuncoro in the second round after his defeat to him in the WC if he wins against Hafiz.Will he take his revenge or another outcome?BCL vs Boonsak,Taufik vs Chen Hong and WCH vs Peter Gade all happens in the first round.Really a big wow...Can't wait the tournament to start.

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    MS
    Sony Dwi Kuncoro vs Ronald Susilo -- the winner should take on Lee Chong Wei. Could it be a rematch?
    - a HIGHLY ANTICIPATED match.. Can LCW avenge his defeat :cool:

Taufik Hidayat vs Chen Hong
    - CH should prevail.. Except TH really can left his mind behind of his new baby a JKT

Bao Chunlai or Boonsak Ponsana
    BP is hot after defeat CH in recent concludes World Uni Games..

MD
    FhY/CY vs Zie/Guo
    - By far the cruellest draw for an Chinese MD pair this year..But Feng Yun should make amends of their surprise QF exist at WC in here...

JJS/LYD bs MZL/MFT
    - Another early round defeat will further dashed the MAS pair of becoming next strong challenger in MD beside KKK/TBH

Luluk/Alven vs KKK/TBH
    - Should the MAS pair overcome their compatriots in 1st round.. They should be able to win this games too.. Another defeat here could be end up with further punishment for MAS pair..
    - An interesting point is : Wonder why both pair always been draw together in as many tournaments so far ?

5. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    Quite unlucky for Malaysia mens double...KKK/TBH,CCF/LWW and TBS/OSH all draw together...Again in the WS,WMC will meet XXF in the second round if she pass through the first round,a qualifier,should be no problem to her.I wonder why they two always being draw together.

#5 Jessica, Aug 28, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2007
  6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    In general, I don't like the results of the Superseries draw... :mad: Somehow, our INA players seem to get beaten up by tough opponents so early on... :mad: We are doing terribly in the 2007 Superseries... Only 2 Superseries titles so far...

Note: I'm not saying any particular country get favoritism in the Superseries. I know MAS' MD draws are often unlucky too... In this Japan Open Superseries and their Malaysian Open Superseries for sure! Actually the one Superseries where the MAS MD team got a great draw was the Indonesian Open Superseries... :) LCW also had a good tournament in Jakarta last May... :)

7. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Will be keen to watch How the hotshot Japanese MD : Sakamoto/ Ikeda play against World no. 1 Feng Yun in the Semis if both can advance that far..
    Best Attack vs Best Defense

8. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

YEahhh good to know Jiang is back on commpetition,but so sad she has to meet Zhang Ning in the Quarter

9. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

this is one crazy draw... compatriots will be facing each other!!!:D

10. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    the worse draw i ever met :(

unlucky draw :) :

Lcw vs Hafidz
    cai/fu vs GZ/XXB
    MK/Hs vs Hendra/Joko
    TBH/KKK vs TSB/OHS
    JR/LP vs Simon/andre

11. bic33

bic33 Regular Member

bao, like sony and lcw, has the cruelest draw... bao vs boonsak then bao vs simon/tsuen seng then maybe bao vs chen yu and then maybe vs chen hong or taufk...

sony and lcw also have difficult paths... they'll probably meet each other... and the winner battles chen jin on the next round...next, they'll be facing LD....:D very bad draws.....

12. taufik-ist

it administrator
    MD draw should be redraw

13. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Just enjoy the draw bro dont get upset:p:p

14. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    I would actually call this a very "competitive" draw instead of "bad"... now whoever comes up as the winner does really deserve the title.

Japan open 07 is going to be one heck of a tournament... like super competitive.:cool:

Just hope that Guo/Xie will just either withdraw or win against Fu/Cai in this tournament, their ranking is low enough, and another early exit ain't going to help...LOL:p Guo/Xie ain't yet the best pair, but I like watching them play... kinda like a bigger and slower version of Cai/Fu with Xie screaming every time he smashes...LOL.:D

15. taufik-ist

it administrator
    who's upset :rolleyes:

i'm rockin'.. man [​IMG]

i was just 'shocked' a little bit to see the draws :p

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Redraw, redraw!

I agree with taufik-ist! :mad: I would rather Kido-Hendra play the 1st round against those MAS MD pairs [except KKK-TBH :pand CTF-LWW :p]... Yeah I know I am not BWF and cannot redraw. I just don't like the draw... :mad: :p

[sorry, I don't plan to be childish for long, but among friends, I can be a little bit childish laaahhh]

17. fastdrop

fastdrop Regular Member

One of the worst draws ever. Round 1 is just like the semi finals. :eek:

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My first reaction was...what ???? AG/Joko nearly got a bad draw everytime and it's likely they will lose again in the first round :cool: If that's the case, they might as well withdraw and save the air ticket....the Chinese is almost certain to do that anyway :rolleyes:

19. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Bad bad bad draws. Good thing i will not be going there.I will just probably watch our own players kill each other no fun.

20. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Now, this the first time i agree with ur comments... ;) The Champions in this JO07 would be definitely worth wise than the WC07 Gold Medalist !