iTennis stinging machines by Tennisman

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Alex82, Mar 27, 2023.

1. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Since there isn't much to add to Alex' review, I'll focuns on some comparisons between the StringMaster Deluxe and the iTennis B2. Let's all keep in mind that the iTennis is a badminton only machine whereas the StringMaster is a universal do-it-all machine.

Turntable:
    If you switch from one to the other, the feel is completely different. The iTennis just feels much more compact and lighter, the StringMaster is a literal tank in comparison. Let's compare the sizes of both turntables (click to enlarge):
    IMG_6605.JPG IMG_6620.JPG IMG_6621.JPG

I've also weighed both (with bases and clamps, without any mounting parts underneath). The result speaks for itself I think:
    iTennis:
    IMG_6608 (Klein).JPG

StringMaster:
    IMG_6612 (Klein).JPG

Build quality on both machines is top notch. The support adjustment mechanics on the iTennis has less play and feels more precise due to the lower force needed to move them. As already posted, I think the side supports of the iTennis are just perfect. Super slim, no edges and the plast parts to touch the frame feel just right. Very, very nice.

Clamps:
    Next thing that could be interesting is a comparison of the clamps. Here are some detailed pictures (click to enlarge):
    IMG_6613.JPG IMG_6614.JPG IMG_6616.JPG IMG_6618.JPG

As you can see, the iTennis clamps have a rougher gripping surface. Both seem to hold the string equally well and without causing any damage. Build quality seems to be on par as well. The adjustment wheel of the iTennis ones hold the setting very well but don't have the ratched mechanism of the StringMaster ones.

Bases:
    The StringMaster still has the pressdown clamp bases as its unique ingredient. I still love them to bits and wouldn't want to miss them.
    The regular semi-automatic bases of the iTennis on the other hand are also really well built and give a nice feedback when locking/unlocking them.

The rails of the StringMaster are noticeably smoother. We'll have to see if that is because of the prototype status of the iTennis machine though.

Summary:

In case anyone is deciding between those two machines, I think the size and weight factor is the crucial one. Everybody who doesn't have a fixed place for the machine and has to move it around a lot will surely be benefitting from the the iTennis one. The downside of course is that there is noticeably less working space for your hands underneath the racket. I imagine it's not a big deal once you are used to it, but coming from a big turntable it all feels quite cramped.

Two machines with different flavours that imo are playing in the same league. Nice to see that Tennisman is always on the lookout for other OEMs to bring more variety into his own portfolio. Personally, I would have gone for a different brand name though (a badminton-only machine with the name "iTennis"... really?) , but that's highest level complaining. :cool:

2. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Looks like your iTennis is the smaller version of the machine. Same as the Superstringer S90 vs T80.

iTennis B2
    upload_2023-4-8_18-53-44.png

iTennis Pro
    upload_2023-4-8_18-54-14.png

thyrif likes this.
  3. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes, there are the bigger versions as well. The bigger one is still at Alex‘ place, so I can’t comment on that one st this point.

#43 s_mair, Apr 8, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    akatsuki2104 likes this.
  4. Nicky_Boy02

Nicky_Boy02 Regular Member

Space Explorer
    What's the difference between badminton-only stringing machine vs. tennis stringing machine? Why can't a badminton-only stringing machine string tennis racket? Can the tennis version of the iTennis string badminton racket?

5. Alex82

Alex82 Regular Member

Linux-Sysadmin
    The size of the mounting table.
    The Badminton only stringing machine is too small to mount a Tennis racket.
    This Tennis version can string both, Badminton and Tennis.

6. HomeStringer_JP

HomeStringer_JP Regular Member

Is the Chinese engraved on the clamp the name of the manufacturer?

Can you compare B2 and PRO?

7. Estebanito

Estebanito New Member

Hi,

I’ve been looking for a badminton stringing machine since a couple of weeks now and ended up on this new iTennis B2 after going through the Superstringer S70/S90 (S90 was my first choice but no longer available according to Dirk Schöll) and the StringMaster Deluxe.

Any new feedback on the B2? Especially with the Wise tension head. And it seems that the base is different on Tennisman:

[​IMG]

Thanks!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Yes, they have changed the base plate from the prototype version to the now available ones. All that's been said so far about the turntable, clamps etc. is still valid though. So plenty of information available in this thread already.

Estebanito likes this.
  9. akatsuki2104

I happen to find this on aliexpress upload_2023-7-27_22-55-42.png upload_2023-7-27_22-57-1.png

10. photo-file

photo-file New Member

Risk Taker
    IMG_2951.jpg

A friend of mine helps to source one from China, but without any user manual. Do you know the steps to calibrate this tensioner.

thanks.

11. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

An easy way is to get a digital fishing scale and check your tensions. If your pulls are off then just adjust your tension +/-. I put some tennis polyester to the end of my fishing scale and I prefer the one with the metal ring.[​IMG]

Sent from my SC-01L using Tapatalk

12. photo-file

photo-file New Member

Risk Taker
    The. tensioner is pretty accurate for the time being. I prefer string on clamp (vs ring/hook) to reduce "unstable" pull. Btw, the weifeng are value for money, about 1/10 the price of 2090.

Attached Files:

13. akatsuki2104

14. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

15. akatsuki2104

Yes, not something really necessary. I'm on the verge to try to sell my wise. If I could get a good amount from that, I'll pull the trigger for the new tensioner as it seems way way quieter. That's the one thing I don't like on the wise, it's its noise. I sometimes string really late at night and we can hear the motor around the house

Envoyé de mon SM-S918B en utilisant Tapatalk

DarthHowie likes this.
  16. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    hahah. My wife even imitates the sound instead of asking if i'm planning to string. Luckily it never bothered my kid when he was asleep.

s_mair and akatsuki2104 like this.
  17. akatsuki2104

18. akatsuki2104

An update just pops out :eek::eek:
    Looks way better than the previous motor !

19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Oh wow, I just love Tennisman‘s confidence to release this without ever having seen a real prototype yet.

But hands down, it looks great.

20. DarthHowie

DarthHowie Regular Member

Software Developer & Assistant Coach @ GBC
    They mentioned in the video that this can be mounted on "most" drop weight and crank machines. I want to see how this tensioner can get mounted on a crank. Product looks great.