Indonesian League 2007 (Liga Indonesia)

Discussion in '2007 Tournaments' started by taufik-ist, Mar 8, 2007.

1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    True... but maybe limited budget $$$ is a constraint :p or maybe the players have family commitments [like Peter Gade and Kenneth] or maybe the coaches of Boonsak etc. does not allow them... :rolleyes: Example: I think Misbun does not allow any BAM elite players to play in INA Superliga. That includes Wong Choon Hann. Li Yongbo does not allow any of China's national team players to earn extra money in Indonesia... [Chen Hong is not in the national team anymore, so he can play for Suryanaga]

2. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

They are "original" Jaya Raya (exception Endang) not included in limited 5.

The examples "non original" Pelatnas players are :

Tommy Sugiarto (play for Tangkas)
    M. Rijal, Lingga Lie, Bandar (play for Musica Champion)
    Richi Dili (if SGS just lent her from PR Tasikmalaya)

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Your point is now clear. :D But I really do not know of that Pelatnas-Foreign limit. I only know about the Foreign-non original limit.

I made a mistake in writing Endang as a Jaya Raya player. I meant Rani. I already edited my own post, if you notice in the thread.

Oh, I heard Bandar Sigit Pamungkas is not used by Musica anymore...

4. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
  5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    GOR Kuningan and GOR Britama? [GOR = sports building] Do you need the exact address? I do not have it right now... Sealman, do you plan to watch or something? I personally think the local taxi drivers know exactly where these places are without having the exact address.

GOR Kuningan is near the middle of Jakarta. GOR Kelapa Gading, where the finals will be held, is in Kelapa Gading area, in Northeast Jakarta.

#145 Krisna, Jun 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Here are 2 pictures of Luluk Hadiyanto, former world #1 in 2004. He will appear in the Superliga next week... ;) Possible partner: M. Ahsan, Rian Sukmawan, Fran Kurniawan, Yonathan Suryatama [Yoke], or even Sigit Budiarto...

Luluk 1 smaller.jpg

Luluk 2 smaller.jpg

I have heard news that we will see Luluk-Ahsan. :cool: Luluk-Yoke was also quite a lethal combo last December during the 2006 National Championship; those 2 guys have good chemestry. Some even said that Luluk-Yoke was more fantastic than Luluk-Alven. :p

We might also see possible surprise shows of Luluk-Rian or Luluk-Fran. I really doubt we shall see Luluk-Sigit... :p

7. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Thanks Krisna. Yes I am tempted to make a short trip to Jakarta. Used to visit my local office at Sudirman area. I thought Kuningan is a 'buleh' area and Kelapa Gading = Sogo :) I hope the bluebird or silverbird taxi drivers know the way to these GOR.

#147 Sealman, Jun 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2007
  8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Kuningan is only 10-15 minutes from Sudirman with 'normal' traffic. But can be 30-60 min during rush hour.

9. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    I was enthuastic to see such league being organized and form...

I hopes ABF or BWF could consider staging a Badminton Super League ; such as those Football mad : Champions League..

I know it might not be possible; However I wish countries as MAS/CHN can opened the door for their players to attach a clubs in other countries..

I really dont understand.. Y all the Players in CHN reached their retirement age only are allowed to play for other countries?

The rules are simple : Club is not a countries. They use their Club Banner to play in tournaments.. All the $$$ prizes they get is going back to their respective club and players.. not to the country...

I know it will badly affected the prestigous of TC; but I fink every MAD Badminton fans in this world would love to see its fare.

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Champion's league type competition in badminton? :confused: That means top 3 clubs from the premiere league from each of the top nation? Indonesia will have the champion and rank 1-2-3 clubs. I think Denmark will have their 1-2-3. But China?!? I am not sure, maannnn... :confused: I don't think they have active big clubs there... :p

By the way, I am highly anxious to see the Superliga Bulutangkis next week... ;) :D It is going to be so cool to watch the top players play against each other every day for 10 days... :)

11. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    too bad..I can not go back to Indo...

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    We may see PB. Jaya Raya field the newly formed pair Markis Kido-Candra Wijaya starting this Friday...

13. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    My suggestion of of "Badminton Champion's League" shld start v INA organised with their clubs are allowed to maximum of 4 imports player per team. And those "foreign Player" shld be high quality player such as LD/LCW /BP/CJ in MS & top MAS/KOREA/CHN/DEN/ENG pair in MD events.

However; I dun fink this CRAZY IDEA WOULD BE POSSIBLE...

14. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I don't think adding the maximum number of non-Indonesian player should be increased to 4 players. It is against one of the original idea of creating this Superliga: to improve the quality of Indonesian badminton... If 4 foreign players can play in one team, then the clubs won't focus enough energy on developing their own Indonesian talent. :(

If we have too many foreign players, what will happen is like what happened in Germany. They have waaayyy too many foreigners allowed in their league. As a result: there aren't enough good German players. Sure they can get a Xu Huawen as a German, but not too many of those around... They have to mold their own players! ;)

15. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    actually the idea of superliga is to improve Indonesian's badminton..I think 2 foreign players to be included is enough ....I would like to see more INA players get more chance to compete....

Any final line up of foreign players? I am not sure if Wang Chen if she is injured....

16. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    If Wang Chen is still injured, then Tangkas' WS lineup is not that strong. They might have Yip Pui Yin as their 1st single, but then their 2nd and 3rd WS are vulnerable to Suryanaga, Djarum, and Jaya Raya... ;) Then Tangkas have to rely on their local talent versus the other 3 big club's mostly local talents... :p

Yuan Kartika and Melicia Kurniawan of Tangkas versus:
    Pia Zebadiah and Fransisca Ratnasariof Jaya Raya
    Maria Elfira and Rosaria Pungkasari of Djarum
    Maria Febe [borrowed from Djarum] and Gustiani [or Wang Li Li] of Suryanaga

Waaahhh, I think Tangkas will have a hard time... :p Not necessarily loose, but a hard hard time... ;)

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    22 Juni 2007.

Time: 14.00
    Men, court 1: Ratih Banten vs Suryanaga Gudang Garam Surabaya
    Women, court 2: SGS Elektrik Bandung vs Mutiara Bandung
    Women, court 3: Djarum Kudus vs Bina Bangsa Jakarta
    Men, court 4: Mutiara Bandung vs SGS Elektrik Bandung

Time: 18.30
    Men, court 1: Tangkas Jakarta vs Jaya Raya jakarta
    Women, court 2: Suryanaga Gudang Garam Surabaya vs Ratih Banten
    Women, court 3: Jaya Raya Jakarta vs Tangkas Jakarta
    Men, court 4: Musica Champion Kudus vs Djarum Kudus

This is the schedule of day 1. Both matches are going to be played in Kuningan. For the complete schedule [in Indonesian], you can see it at: http://www.superligabadminton.com/schedule.php

Any predictions?!? :D

#157 Krisna, Jun 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2007
  18. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Bandung city rivalry!

Taufik Hidayat will play as SGS Elektrik's 1st MS and will probably face Budi Santoso of Mutiara Bandung. Budi is the last Indonesian to reach the All England finals. Budi was a Djarum player when he was at Pelatnas, but now that he is semi-retired, he coaches at Mutiara and play competitively from time to time.

Roslin H. will play as SGS's 2nd singles. Flandy and Yoga/Hendra will be SGS's 1st MD, and Taufik and Yoga/Hendra AG will be their 2nd MD... I predict a Flandy-Taufik, Yoga-Hendra AG doubles combo will appear sometime in Superliga Badminton...

Winner of this matchup between the rival clubs from Bandung city:
    SGS Elektrik! ;)

19. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    Petya and Chen Hong with Suryanaga Team

Chen Hong and Petya at todayś Suryanagaś official welcome party. The team will leave for Jakarta tomorrow.

Attached Files:

20. fabcargo

fabcargo Regular Member

badminton
    next to petya are Fauzi Adnan and Rizky Kurniawan. Trikus and Bambang was hidden behind the whole team