Indonesia team for WC2005

Discussion in 'World Championships 2005' started by Melmel, Jul 26, 2005.

1. aiyuuw

aiyuuw Regular Member

good 'ol student
    uhh, becos they are the most succesful currently? besides i dont think them not being young is a disadvantage, like experience etc

2. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Funds is basically a problem for the Indo Teams. They are very strict with their players. Sometimes i think they manage their funds too well. Sometimes you have to understand that they sent a rather big group there. And it is not cheap also to stay in the states. Those who lost, will go back to Indo for trainning again. No point waste time and money in Anaheim.

The Sutiyoso might look friendly. But he is as stubborn and strict as hell. He gave a warning and set goals for all the players. For those who are unable to deliver, PBSI might not send them to the next world meet. He once said
    " i don't care how.. they must deliver no matter what".

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yeah. i agree with Halim on this. perhaps if PBSI is like China where they have lots of very promising youngsters lined up to the streets to take over the place of the veterans, then they can afford to do that. right now, PBSI has no promising female players (except Lilyana) and most MD players are about to retire in a couple of years. if any time, it shoudl be now when they start sending young players out to the international matches to gain experience.

otherwise, when the veterans like Candra/Sigit calls it quit, or when Taufik throws another and leave for Singapore , they will have no one else to support the team.

4. yuichiru_cloudy

yuichiru_cloudy Regular Member

thats the point that have to be predictable by indonesia team. Im extremly agree with that!!

but we know that it is a very hard things to do. thats why indonesia difficult to reach winning.

hoping the revolution for the way of thinking by indonesia team.

5. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

1st lost for the Indonesian hiks... Sony lost to peter gede

6. badMania

badMania Regular Member

according to the new "rules" by PBSI, he will be going back home as "promised" by the team manager before the WC started. any player losing before semi-final is going straight home to JKT and i guess the reward and punishment system means that sony will also be "penalized" in terms of not being sent to a couple of international tournaments. lets see if PBSI really does this. not sending sony to the future international tournaments will just see his ranking plummet down below 30-40.

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I was able to "run into" with Mr. Lius Pongoh last night after the match and a friend of mine mentioned this particular issue to him. I overheard them chatted. My friend asked him that "it's too bad if Sony will be sent back with only 1-2 days left. How can they show any lack of empathy". His answer was "no, it's not a matter of lacking empathy, but that's just the way it has to be"...
    So, I guess they probably will cancel the remaining 1 or 2 nights of stay for Sony's room..We shall see how they go from here. I don't know what is their exact schedule for Sony(and maybe coach Joko) being sent back...
    Usually the transportation dept. will request that players/personnel going back to report to them 48 hrs. in advance. So I will go back to the hotel sometimes tomorrow morning(Sat.) to check up on the team and see if indeed Sony is being sent back..

#47 ctjcad, Aug 19, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2005
  8. nugroho

nugroho Regular Member

Good idea... hope you can do that... :)

9. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    pbsi chairman must be a succesful bussinesman like previous mr chairul tanjung, he was always willing to use his own money to sent lot of players abroad without giving a warning or a goal, because he believed that any player who sent abroad would give their best.

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Ok, here's the latest info..Today i was able to speak with Sony himself and one the coach, and apparently they are not sending back Sony and coach Joko as well as Flandy&Enghian and their coach earlier,as they promised. Their reason:too much hassle to do the ticketing confirmation, transportation and the likes. So they all are going back to Indo together this coming Monday evening.
    Apparently, the stern warning was nothing more than to motivate them.
    However, we shall see what happened to the 3 players(and coaches) who weren't able to move on to the SF...

#50 ctjcad, Aug 20, 2005
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2005
  11. By You

By You Regular Member

Crist, you are so wonderfull and generous guy. It's nice to have screen conversation with you. Hope we have opportunity to meet sometime.

By You

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

hmm, how did you know my name??...sorry, have i PMed you before??.. :rolleyes:

13. By You

By You Regular Member

I know your name in another thread when you conversate with someone its name is Dan ..... Cheers:)