Indonesia International Challenge, 27 - 31 July 2010

Discussion in '2010 Tournaments' started by chemile, Jul 19, 2010.

1. yunarinaldi

yunarinaldi Regular Member

Tax Officer
    just in case she grab WS title, will this be late for us to put some hope on her?i've been so desperate putting some hopes on INA WS..all played good but not at the level China WS are on..

2. naistav

naistav Regular Member

I hope Evert vs Ari Trisnanto for MS final.

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yup, it's an all-INA Semi-Final in every discipline. The one that I am most delighted is MD, despite the strong team sent by MAS in terms of their current and former WJC winner and some experienced pairs too! This will also answers limsy's question. It's an INA pair that win the MD title!

Rizki Yanu Kresnayandi/Albert Saputra continue their good form yet again after beating Agrippina/Ricky for the second time in a week! Up next will be yet another compatriot from Djarum and also now in Pelatnas Pratama Andrei Adistia/Rachmat Adianto.

And finally...Mohd Ulinnuha/Berry Angriawan put up a good fight today by beating Chooi Kah Ming/Pang Zheng Lin in straight-sets! Will this be a sign of their resurgence? They will entertain Ardiansyah Putra/Agung Rohanda for a place in the Final. I really hope Ulin/Berry can win a title in Surabaya this week!

4. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no worry badmania
    i can wait the next top pair from ina until 2012
    i wont consider this md squad is strong team
    lol

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, if having 5 out of the top 8 seeds are not considered a strong contingent, then, I guess I really don't know what will be considered a strong contingent from MAS. In contrast, INA only has 1 seeded entry.

The last time I checked, Ow Yao Han/Yew Hong Kheng and Goh Tze On/Tan Wee Tat reached the SF of the Kedah Open (for Div 2), which suggest that at least for the junior pairs, these 2 pairs can be considered MAS's top pairs, apart from Nelson Heg/Teo Ee Yi (who did not participate). In addition, Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin, Goh Soon Huat, Mohd Razif Abdul Latif/Goh Jian Hao, Chooi Kah Ming/Pang Zheng Lin, and Mohd Lutfi Zaim/Vountus Indra Mawan are among the 13 pairs competing in Div 1. The other pairs comprised of the more senior back-ups and elite pairs (like Mak/Tan, Gan/Tan, Fuzzy, Goh/Teo, Hoon/Tan, Ong/Koo, Chan/Chew, Chan/Ong).

So please educate me on what will be a strong contingent from MD will look like. From what I see in the list of Div 1 and Div 2 pairs, the team sent to the Indonesia IC is a pretty strong squad and certainly capable of winning the MD title. At the very least, the seeded positions imply that MAS ought to place at least 1-2 pairs in the SF.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    we know seeding is only for the draw

can i ask the top md pair in this tournament for ina is ranked how much by u?
    from kido/setiawan ,alvent/gunawan and so on?

7. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Oh and I won't worry about our INA pairs as we tend to have the tendency to form successful pairs after they pass their junior years.

I am more excited about the prospects of young players in the mould of Kevin Sanjaya (very short, will turn 15 in a few days time), Rafidias Akhdan Nugroho (very tall), Andrew Susanto (son of Hermawan Susanto, just passed his 14th birthday), Jeka Wiratama, etc. They are only 14-15 yo at most but they have started to win some titles already. Coach Sigit Budiarto and Antonius will hopefully mould them into future winners.

As for the older generation, Praveen Jordan/Rangga Yave Rianto will be the best prospect we have for next year's AJC & WJC. But I am pretty sure Nelson/Teo will win it, unless Jordan/Rangga prove me wrong :)

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

They participated in Kedah Open last week, then this week, all fizzle out. Ow/Yew were runner up in MD Division 2.

#68 eaglehelang, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

So...please give me names so that I really know who will be considered in Mr. limsy's mind to be a "Strong MD squad" to compete in the Indonesia IC.

And obviously, you have to compared apples with apples as the INA National Team only sends their Pratama pairs into this tourney. So, don't give me names like Mak/Teo or comparable pairs who are competing in Macau or TPE GP Gold.

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I know their respective final positions in the Kedah Open. And please...no excuses like "all fizzle out". Most of the INA pairs competing in the Indonesia IC had been competing in the Singapore IS too.

Honestly, I expect to see a match between Ulin/Berry and Ow/Yew.......

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

As I wrote earlier, IMHO, apart from Nelson Heg/Teo Ee Yi, I think the squad sent by MAS is a pretty damn decent one.

12. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

They did fizzle out after Kedah Open, whether here or in Macau, esp those who played tough matches till final. That's their 'trend'. After this, some are going to Taiwan.
    Ow/Yew can lose to their juniors Nelson Heg/Teo EY, so, for whatever reason( I hope it's not injury), they are not in good form.
    Razif/Goh JH, Chooi/Pang -> Goh JH is the weak link to me,so is Pang ZL. They lost to BJSS juniors during SUKMA. Means I think Nelson partnering Teo EY is better than them, minus Razif

Sonia Cheah can & have beaten Sanatassah recently, so I'm not surprised Tasah's lost. There're also BJSS juniors, the girls

#72 eaglehelang, Jul 29, 2010
  13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am sorry if that's the "Trend" for most MAS players. Thankfully, I don't see any trend or whatsoever for INA players.

Sure, Ow/Yew can lose to their juniors. The same goes for the top-seed Ulin/Berry, who have not been in top form in recent months, esp after Berry contracted a serious illness.

I thought the names (and the seedings of those pairs) is surely a decent one, consisting of past and current WJC winners plus some experienced players who have played in SS or GP Gold levels like Mohd Razif Abdul Latif.

So, can you instead name me a better team to be sent to the Indonesia IC (again, apart from Nelson/Teo)? I would love to see some "new" names whom u guys consider to be better than the current squad being sent.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if this ina ic all ina semi final sound so proud
    let have some comparison for

malaysia had won
    one super series title(mas open)
    one gp gold(india open)
    1 silver and bronze in ajc md event
    1 gold and one silver in wjc md event
    1 ic(vietnam)
    1 is(thailand)

indonesia had won
    no ss title
    one go gold(mas open)
    no medal in ajc
    no medal in wjc
    2 ic(singapore and this tournament)

for pair and player
    independent
    mas(3)
    lee/chong,gan/tan,chan/chew
    ina(3)
    kido/setiawan,alvent/gunawan,luluk/joko

national team level one(my own defination)
    malaysia(6)
    koo/tan,fairuz/zakry,hoon/ong,mak/tan,goh/teo,chan/lim
    indonesia(2?)
    bona/new patner?,ahsan/new patner?

national team level 2
    malaysia(4)
    chooi/pang,goh/lau,goh/razif,lutfi/vountus
    indonesia(4)
    ullin/berry,angga/rian,rendy/afiat,fenando/wifqi

junior team,under 19
    malaysia(3)
    ow/yew,teo/nelson,goh/tan
    indonesia(3)
    putra/agung(under 19?not sure),rizki/yanu(under19?not sure),and badmania candidate fo next year ajc/wjc,rangga jordan
    (please exclude kevin,nugroho,andre susanto or jeka wiratama as they are not in our topic today)

well,if i am indonesia fans
    i will be worrying as there is no one in the level one of pbsi

when we(ina fans) are so proud that we beat 4 seeded malaysia md pair to win a ina ic
    they have 1st layer md to compete in gp gold/super series event with the average years old of only 22.75(273/12)

yes,badmania
    u can proud of that
    and congrates for beaten all 4 seeded mas pair
    wow,that is a great result

please correct me if i provide any wrong information
    thanks

#74 limsy, Jul 29, 2010
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I have looked at the results in Sukma. Come on....they are not even being paired with their regular partners. It's not surprising to see them losing.

At least, if u look at the SFs, two names are in the team here (Iskandar and Yew Hong Kheng). 4 others are competing in Macau and only Teo Ee Yi and Cheah Liek Hou are not sent.

So, please tell me who's the "better" pair/pairs apart from Nelson/Teo that is/are not being sent.

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

My dear limsy....don't get so upset.....

Now just a simple question...when was the last time MAS won a Gold Medal in Olympics or a Gold Medal in World Championships???

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    oh
    nevermind
    why i get upset?
    we never won that before
    in 2010
    we are proud that as a non olympic or wc winner
    we do better than ina in md department

and congrates for having all semi finalist in ina ic

dont be shy/shame as the non olympic or wc winner do better than ina this year
    please do read the bold part of my post in 74
    we are talking about 2010
    haha

18. badMania

badMania Regular Member

There's no need to list down the achievements of INA and MAS pairs over the past one year or so. INA fans will surely know abt that.

And yeah, I am delighted at the results in this Indonesia IC....make no mistake about that. But, IT DOES NOT MEAN THAT I WANT TO BOAST about their achievements. Please get that right first!

I am delighted because our Pratama pairs can prove to the INA fans (including myself) that they still have something in them (esp Rizki/Albert). So many INA fans are disappointed about their results over the past one year and there were even news that they are going to be demoted back to their own clubs since they can't even beat their own juniors. But, the results over the past few weeks certainly show that there are at least some positive changes in their attitudes.

I am delighted also because they can show that the INA pairs can compete with the likes of MAS pairs (regardless of whether some think that the pairs being sent to compete are "not strong") who occupied 5 out of the 8 seeded positions; whom I consider to be about the same level as the INA pairs!

So, get that right first!

19. Jagdpanther

Jagdpanther Regular Member

Uni Student
    Nice data gathering there, limsy.
    However, what BadMania asks is this:

Y'know, in exam, if my professor asked A, and I answered C (while the correct answer is B), no matter how many pages I write, he'd still give me a big zero mark. :p

BTW, hello there. Long time no see. :D

20. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    oohh...

again and again...

again and again...