H S Prannoy

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Mar 23, 2013.

1. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

I don't wanna jinx it :p

2. Suilven

Suilven Regular Member

Hee…he…”go’an, you know you want to”, you’re thinking Prannoy in 2, am I right. :D

3. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

“When I got in I realised how packed the stadium was. But it was fun out there. We had close matches in recent times, and to win is always tough. You might come close, but a win is a win. I couldn’t digest the Japan Open loss but God had something better for me, probably to give me a World Championships medal.”
    -HS Prannoy

4. Baddyforall

https://www.news18.com/sports/disap...exit-from-bwf-world-championship-8552726.html

“For me, this bronze medal means so much personally because it has been almost 12 years in the circuit, you always want to have those big medals in your hand," he said after the match.

“Yes, you are disappointed for not getting the gold but the first starting step is with bronze."

“A lot of people has done a lot of hard work in the last few years and a lot of things came in place this week. Thanks to all of them who have been working day and night with me so that I can play better and my entire family backing me from home," he said.

“It is not easy because you are in the circuit the entire year and hardly get time for family and friend, sometimes it takes a load.

“So these kind of sweet memories are always good, you are feel motivated to go back and work, otherwise it is really tough to do the whole thing."

The 31-year-old Prannoy squandered an opening game advantage and a 5-1 lead in the second as Vitidsarn, a three-time former world junior champion, displayed his mental fortitude and solid defence to seal a second successive final spot.

Prannoy was coming into the match after playing two three-game matches which lasted close to 70 minutes and he admitted it took a toll on his body.

“When you are on the court you feel you have done everything but when you finish off, you feel you could have done more. Physically I couldn’t push through today, the legs were not in great shape," the world number 9 said.

India’s top-ranked men’s singles shuttler made a solid start but signs of exhaustion set in from the second game.

“I was trying hard from inside, not letting go easily but credit to him he was putting in shuttle continuously at a good speed and not making any easy errors at any point," he said.

“At the third game, I lost that first half, it was crucial. You can’t be down 5-1. I have to really respect how my body taking such matches, it is not easy to play 70 minutes back to back for four days.

“He is much younger, he is able to recover much faster. But I am really happy with the way things went this week."

Woesi likes this.
  5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    He got wisdom with his experience. A late boomer. Hopefully can last another year or so. ;)

6. dnewguy

dnewguy Regular Member

He will definitely play for the Olympics.

7. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Sumanth99 and Vivek Bagadhi like this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    That last smash. All or nothing.

Baddie lover and Sumanth99 like this.
  9. 80plus

80plus Regular Member

Prannoy drinks less water during match compared to other players... Like Today LZJ took lot of water.. Looks like LZJ can play one more match continuously!

10. Baddie lover

Was in office. Couldn’t watch the full match live. Just saw the highlights. My god, unlucky me. I missed this magnificent match. What a rally at 18-19 down in the decider. Prannoy, my man you have all my respect and love. We are proud of you. And yeah, that dance on Dangal song :p

11. Airos

Airos Regular Member

It is unfortunate that both in the world championships and in the asian games he was far from being fully fit.
    Otherwise, he might have done even better.

12. mohans

mohans Regular Member

He was fit in the WC, wasn’t he? Just those two long matches before SF drained his energy completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baddie lover and Airos like this.
  13. Airos

Airos Regular Member

No he wasn't. Someone here translated the conversations he had with the coaches and he was clearly not fit.

14. Baddyforall

H S Prannoy has decided to represent Tamilnadu ftom coming Nationals. Tamilnadu Badminton association has welcomed his decision. Coming days, it will be revealed.
    Note: He was disappointed with the poor treatment given to him by kerala association and especially the government of kerala.

Baddie lover likes this.
  15. Baddie lover

Good decision, here the governments only show superficial pride and support. When the time comes for real support, they wither away. Well done Prannoy, hope you get all the support from TN.

kingsooji likes this.
  16. Baddyforall

https://sportstar.thehindu.com/badm...mes-2023-bronze-medallist/article67404712.ece

Asian Games bronze medallist and India’s top shuttler Prannoy could represent Tamil Nadu in Nationals

A few days ago, Prannoy had expressed his decision to represent Tamil Nadu—he had later spoken to TNBA—and his disappointment with the sports department of Kerala Government and the Kerala Badminton Association for the poor treatment meted out to him.

kingsooji likes this.
  17. kingsooji

kingsooji Regular Member

18. Baddyforall

19. Baddyforall

20. Baddyforall

My question is Why?. Why now?.
    Changing apparel is one thing but changing racket at this Olympics qualification time is not necessary.