H S Prannoy

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by scorpion1, Mar 23, 2013.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

@HS Prannoy

Would have love to see you qualify and play for Rio Olympics 2016. Its okay brother. Although you didn't qualify this time I am sure you will qualify to play for Tokyo Olympics 2020. All the best in your badminton career.

2. HS Prannoy

HS Prannoy New Member
    Professional Player

3. HS Prannoy

HS Prannoy New Member
    Professional Player

Well I am not participating in any tournament for next 4-5 weeks. I would be training here and missing couple of super series events but I think that's a good idea to train now and get stronger now. I will play USA AND CANADA OPEN in June so till then u won't see me in action guys

4. Urban Fool

Urban Fool Regular Member

Consultant
    Saw your name in the main draw of the Indonesia Open. If you're injured, that means you have withdrawn. Get well soon

5. Urban Fool

Consultant

Great to hear your thoughts!

6. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Wow! Is that really H S Prannoy posting here?

I am so glad I joined BC. Best of luck for all your future matches, Prannoy.

7. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
    Prannoy, what is the current status of your and kashyap's injury?

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Belated wishes Prannoy. 24 now. I wish you a belated Happy birthday.

9. Baddyforall

You fought very well against Huang yuxiang. After a long gap, we were able to watch you playing. But, though you saved 3 match points and had one on your own, luck was not there. That should be a tremendous match. We are not able to watch your match as it is not live streamed.

nilesh123 likes this.
  10. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Congratulations to Prannoy's win against LCW. Looking at LCW's record, he has only lost to 2 players from India before: http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/p....aspx?id=2E62073C-AD95-40BE-8364-0A2EC054A4AC. Only Prannoy and Praneeth have ever won against LCW. At this point in time, I would rank India's MS better than Indonesia. This is something I would have never thought 10 years ago so it shows India has made great strides in badminton. I think India needs to work on MD, WD, and XD. But for MS and WS, India has this covered very well.

nilesh123 likes this.
  11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Today against CL,
    First match on TV court. Excited.
    Eager to watch those monstrous BH smashes and quick follow up with roars.

CL is basically a machine, puts back everything you put at him with interested, attacks can be really frustrating and exhausting. He demolished Jojo yesterday, which means he's also well adapted to the court conditions. Gonna be tough. Hope for a fire power performance :)
    Let's go HSP

badmuse likes this.
  12. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    prannoy the dragon slayer!
    21-18 16-21 21-19

13. soami

soami Regular Member

HS Prannoy has built very strong shoulders and arms.Thats the secret of his big smashes.
    He is slow on retrieving drops and defences. He needs to build corresponding hamstring thigh muscles and lower back muscles. That will make him invincible.
    World champioships are next.

14. Baddyforall

15. Baddyforall

Prannoy , You have done extremely well so far to make India proud. We are with you. Your time is not far away. You will achieve even bigger.

16. Urban Fool

Consultant
    HS Prannoy is the only Indian player to date who has beaten so many of the top-ranked players: Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei, Chen Long, Jan O Jorgensen, Kidambi Srikanth, Son Wan Ho, Shi Yuqi and Taufik Hidayat!

That's very very impressive.
    I bet greater achievements lie ahead.

17. Anand S

Anand S Regular Member

Prannoy is the type of player I see with huge chances to be a top player. However, he seems so far to be the type of player that has one or two good performances, then flags, which is why he hasn't won a superseries title yet. However, he has made HUGE strides this year, if he continues on the track he seems to be going, I think the sky isn't even the limit for him :)

18. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Baddyforall and nilesh123 like this.
  19. Baddyforall

https://www.sportskeeda.com/badmint...prannoy-as-he-draws-confidence-from-good-show

Excerpts:

The World No. 12 talks about his All England Open exploits, the new BWF rules, Kidambi Srikanth's form in an exclusive chat with Sportskeeda

“I am really happy that I am back on court and I am able to push through a couple of matches. That’s what is much more important right now,” says the World No. 12 shuttler in an exclusive interaction with Sportskeeda.

“I have always done better after a big break,” explains Prannoy. “After a break, you are really mentally fresh. You really want to go out there and perform. That feeling is altogether different. When you are training for 5-6 months and playing tournaments for a long time, fatigue builds up.

“So I really wanted to go out there just for the tournament. I wasn’t really considering how well I would be able to play. I just wanted to enjoy the atmosphere.”

However, things appeared to be very different when he started his campaign. His rustiness hit him hard as the eighth seeded Chou Tien Chen bludgeoned him to a 21-9 submission. The Chinese Taipei ace had conquered the German Open a week earlier and was high on confidence. In contrast, the Kerala shuttler was searching for his first win of the year.

That’s when the ever-dependable Pullela Gopichand stepped in. Nobody better than the 2001 champion knows how to lift a player’s morale at this event.

His simple words, “Just try to feel the atmosphere,” changed the complexion of the match.

Prannoy shrugged off the pressure, freed himself up and found himself enjoying the match again.

“Those kinds of things you tend to forget at times. When someone suddenly reminds you about that, it really changes you and makes you much more aware of what’s happening. Then you stop thinking about winning or losing.

Kidambi Srikanth was in the running for the World No. 1 spot at the All England Open and even his draw looked favourable enough to facilitate his run. Much to the dismay of Indian fans, the India No. 1 could not push past Huang Yuxiang in the second round even after having multiple match points.

The result triggered criticism on social media as fans found it difficult to come to terms with his early loss after seeing him capture four Superseries titles in 2017.

Having been a friend and a training partner to Srikanth, Prannoy knows the World No. 2 thoroughly. He is unperturbed by Srikanth’s temporary blip in form. He brushed it off as no ‘big issue’ and believes that the Guntur-born ace just needs one very close match, à la 2017 Singapore Open.

“Last year also, he was going through this same kind of a patch at the India Open and then lost in the first round of the All England Open. Then he came to Singapore, where he had a lucky pre-quarter-final I would say.

“He was down 20-16 and he went on to win it 22-20. That one match just entirely changed his flow of run. I don’t see this form as a big issue for anyone. I think people are just criticizing because he gets to semis and finals of each tournament.

“I don’t know why people have started to comment very negatively. All players are equally good like Brice or Huang. Probably Srikanth could not get his A-game out that day because of the pressure or maybe because of so many expectations around him. Even he had so many expectations from himself when he went to All England.

“Some days it just doesn’t work. I think it’s a matter of time. Probably in the next couple of tournaments, one really close match can make everything fall into place and even he knows that. He needs to be patient. The wins will come.”

He also fully supported Srikanth’s statement that the umpiring at the All England Open was ridiculous. The new service rule, which states that the shuttle should not exceed 1.15m from the surface at the point of release, is not transparent at all.

Worst of all, the umpires themselves are struggling to cope with the changes and are not well-versed in the new rules, putting players in a spot of bother.

“Srikanth served the same way in the second round like he did in the first. But in the second round, he started getting faults. Even Gopi Sir started shouting at the umpire. He was called fault in the next two sets.

“It is indeed ridiculous. Rules are dicey and are just not transparent at the moment,” he signs off, making it very clear that if the BWF doesn’t listen to the players, badminton is all set to suffer.

20. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

HS Prannoy on his defeat at Commonwealth Games 2018