Golden Gate Badminton Club, Menlo Park, CA

Discussion in 'Golden Gate Badminton Club ( GGBC ) (CLOSED)' started by mayst982, Mar 25, 2005.

1. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Hi Kwun,

We are opened from 10am to 11pm Monday to Sunday actually but this Monday July 4th we are going to be closed. That is just cos we are simply EXHausted :eek:and Mike wanted to invite the whole staff to dinner to celebrate and thank everyone for their devotion and hard work:p . Like I said, even doing a movie for days straight doesn't make me pass out. I've lost my voice completely. Don't know how I'm going to sing in Malaysia this month. Every night I dream about badminton in GGBC:rolleyes: .

Mike said he would close on the day AFTER a major holiday in the future so people can enjoy the club on the holiday. I thought that was a goood idea. Hope to see you around Kwun. Haven't seen you these days.

Sally

2. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Jen, I can't really imagine anything I'd rather be doing. You know Jackie Chan tried to get me to do 2 ventures about 10 years ago? One Planet Hollywood and another "Movie City" which he chased me down in England to try to talk me into. Instead of accepting those I'm now talking badminton to him which is why he gave me the that racquet. Hee hee. Andy Lau tries hard to talk me into bowling, but my heart really belongs to badminton. I managed to get Eason Chan, Nicholas Tse and Joey Yung to play, also Hacken Lees girlfriend. In HKG when we have concerts all the Artists send each other flower baskets. For the past year I've sent everyone badminton racquets!

Today I watched Mike Yang , Jinsong (a world class player and our coach), another coach Cania and a world Uber cup finalist play mixed doubles at GGBC and I just got so excited that I felt there was no other place I wanted to be. I don't even want to go sing! I think badminton is a wonderment. I'm more than committed and I'll do everything I can in the 2nd half of my life to promote this sport. HKG already asked me to be ambassador of the HKG Badminton association which I gleefully accepted. Right now China is asking me to do something for the World Badminton association. They are waiting to meet with me in HKG. I'll do whatever I can!

U know? I never talk so much about anything like I talk about badminton, I cannot keep my mouth shut. :eek:

Sally

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Wow, that sounds very, very encouraging. Can you get me a pass to take some photos and post them up on Badmintoncentral.com ?:p :cool:

Sounds so funny all these well known people taking up badminton. But honestly, I really believe it is an excellent sport to play even for quite sedentary people. Just the action of raising the arm repeatedly to swing at the shuttle can be fairly tiring. I hope some others can be active.

With your activity in the HK Badminton Association, will we see you at the HK Open? I would sincerely hope your patronage will help attract sponsorship money for the tournament. And if you could drag some of your other friends along, I think it will bring back a little more attention to badminton. I think we've lost a bit of ground to table tennis, windsurfing and horse racing :rolleyes: recently.

4. MaggieHo

MaggieHo Regular Member

any dinner for us hehe :D

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i hope this is suffice :)

Attached Files:

6. jen1088

jen1088 Regular Member

Sally,

These associations have found the RIGHT person! I think you’ll do a good job because of your passion for badminton. Also, because you always put a lot of effort and hard work in everything you do!

7. shawni

shawni Regular Member

personal wellness coach and fitclub trainer

8. shawni

shawni Regular Member

Hi Kwun. Thanks for the pic. Cool! What model of this racket is? Yonex Muscle Power xx ??

I think i can imagine, Jackie Chan will be jumping+flying when it comes to play badminton... hehehe.

9. shawni

shawni Regular Member

10. harrycoomer

harrycoomer Regular Member

You have to stand next to the racquets...

to monitor all the courts to monitorl all 8 (?) courts to see who is finishing (or staying on for "extra points" - a common occurance:) ). So unlikely people with walk off with your racquet.

11. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    It doesn't look like a Yonex at all. There is the word "dragon" on the racquet cover. Does Jackie Chan start designing a new line of badminton racquets?

12. GGrebecca

GGrebecca Regular Member

yes, he designs his own raquets. For those who read Chinese, the Chinese words down the shaft are "Descendants of Dragon", "龙的传人", in traditional script.

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    But you get simplified characters! :confused:

14. GGsally

GGsally Regular Member

Well our problem has never been racquet thieves. Only dishonorables who are not fair to other players waiting in the que. But we even get rarely few of those. I think people quite cherish their own racquets and if they want to come show their face again it's hard to do it carrying someone elses racquet!

Used birdies are kept in the birdie bins for people who just want to practice or drill before a game. They are examined every night and the "dying" ones are just thrown out. I'm afraid no recycling here unfortunately. I only feel sorry for the poor goose that get plucked for our pleasure!:cool:

Sally

15. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Imagine how many potential duvets you have thrown away...:D

16. shawni

shawni Regular Member

Ohh.. ic... i wonder what would happen if were to go for loo for some 'business' :eek: ...

#196 shawni, Jul 6, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2005
  17. shawni

shawni Regular Member

Thanks rebecca. Yup, i saw the chinese words, didnt think Jackie produces his own rackets. Cool!

18. shawni

shawni Regular Member

19. GGrebecca

GGrebecca Regular Member

We just started G3 Summer Camp for adults last night (July 5th). Space is still available. Please call 650-838-9318 if you want some dedicated training.

The class is held 7-9pm Monday thru Thursday for 15 days.

20. GGrebecca

GGrebecca Regular Member

College Student Summer Special

We also have special 2-month membership for $125 to cater to college students who are home for the summer, or for high school students who will be going to college.