Gideon Marcus Fernaldi / Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Espírito Santo, Apr 29, 2015.

1. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Oh I didn't mean their level play was better back then. What I meant was that they were much more alive when they were in the challenger's seat. The cheekiness in their (Kevin's) playing style was so addictive :D:D.

wade likes this.
  2. melon94

melon94 Regular Member

so...is han zhou the new boe mog now ? :D

I notice gideon started to making mistake after mistake in the third game because kevin keep moving forward trying to anticipate the drive from han zhou but the shot quality from him just wasn't good enough, too lose most of the time...gideon couldn't do nothing about it. also the fact that kevin keep trying to play this "imaginative" shot from below the tape that also read by han zhou, again gideon couldn't cover it. I do agree though that gideon need to stop thinking too much everytime he make a mistake.

3. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Maybe the New BoeMo but not the SuBingTian or SunYang of China. Different status compared to what Minions enjoy in Indonesia.

4. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

I hope not. I still prefer the real Boe/Mog :D

In previous matches Marcus was able to return those shots without any problem. That was why I think Kevin (who almost never minds mistakes) insisted on doing them without realizing that Marcus was no longer able to keep up. Rather than being frustrated from making any mistakes, Marcus should learn how to let it go and focus on what he can do.

#1864 yuquall, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  5. TheAhlang

TheAhlang Regular Member

Now that you mention it.. Pretty boring huh? :D

6. wade

wade Regular Member

Yeah, kinda :D

7. ericksakti

ericksakti Regular Member

I think they need to be more relaxed and play freely like they did before hahaha

8. wade

wade Regular Member

Easier said than done :D nowadays it just too many expectation from the fans, the media..

9. MezzL

MezzL Regular Member

They should ask some tips from the daddies on how to handle that young chinese pair ;)

10. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Would they give away some? They are eyeing a spot in Tokyo too you know :D

11. wade

wade Regular Member

Tbf I don't see ahsan/hendra doing that much better playing against han/zhou except for the fact that they're more calm in the crucial time. they won 21-19 25-23 in denmark open not like 21-14 21-15 or something :D

12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah, and that was in drifty hall too. Ahsan/Hendra themselves having trouble playing in slow conditions when they lost to Chen/Wang in French Open.

I think minions will be okay. Han/Zhou are not that tricky, a bit like Kamura/Sonoda (with higher specs) who can match minions speed and all but often giving minions problem from time to time especially in slow conditions. They had game points in G1 (though they lost the game), won G2 convincingly but in the price of leaving little energy left in G3 especially Marcus who could hardly keep up with the pace.
    I am afraid Marcus has a lot to work on playing in slow conditions. Quite worrying that Olympics would be held in a slow hall.

13. minions

minions Regular Member

Well, they did won Japan Open which held in the exact stadium that will used for Olympics. After all, every pairs should have more weeks to rest before competing at Olympics.

14. wade

wade Regular Member

Interview with coach aryono miranat

"In the first game, Kevin/Marcus being a little bit impatient, so they make too many errors, especially in the crucial time, meanwhile the opponent were really good at playing the flat drive. it's a pity that they couldn't convert the 2 game points opportunity, it's better if they can won the first game,"

"Kevin/Marcus played with slower tempo in the second game and they can control every shot. but in the third game, the opponent forced them to play fast again with great shot quality and forced Kevin/Marcus to be in defensive position most of the time".

So, it's better for minions to just slow the tempo down when they play han/zhou again ?

15. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

The final in Japan Open didn't really count. The opponents didn't really do anything :p

I think maybe it's better for them to be patient and not to rush things at any time. In G1 they played fast and only losing when they reached Game points which I agree with the coach that they were being impatient. Their being lost to Han/Zhou in the previous match might play a little part here. In G2, the CHN basically giving it away and obviously conserving their energy for the deciding game.
    I still feel that Marcus is not as sharp when he plays in slow condition especially when the match goes longer than 2 games.

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Since when are the French Open in a slow hall? It used to be one of the fastest, at least a couple of years ago...the 2010 WC was held in the same hall, no? And that was definitely one of the fastest halls on the circuit back then.

17. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

They were using slow shuttles this time. No idea why.

18. wade

wade Regular Member

according to HKV, the shuttles that used in french open was probably some of the slowest all season

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Yeah.. definitely favors the powerful, i.e. the CHN pairs except Zhang Nan lol. I thought this was going to be another Li/Liu's moment of triumph but I guess we were wrong. I can't seem to recall which pair did they lose to... :confused:

Just checked the result, they lost to Liao/Su

20. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    yes, it was fast during 2010 wc. it's possible the temperature was lowered. but that seems unlikely since players didn't mention it.
    the referee has final say on which shuttle speed to use.

blame this crew: (https://extranet.bwfbadminton.com/d...NEX French Open 2018 _ Prospectus _ FINAL.pdf)

Referee: Mr. Carsten KOCH (GER)
    Email: carsten.koch1966@gmail.com
    Deputy Referee: Mr. Ian ROSS (ENG)
    Email: ian.ross.uk@gmail.com
    Deputy Referee: Ms. Emmie WIGGINS (RSA)
    Email: emmiebsato@gmail.com
    Local Deputy Referee: Mr. Jean-Marc CHANCEREL (FRA)
    Email: jeanmarc.chancerel@gmail.

yuquall likes this.