Gade's performance

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by 2cents, Jan 19, 2007.

1. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I don't know but doesn't it seem obvious if Chen Hong does play in the Korean Open after having claim that he was injured yesterday and couldn't play Bao Chunlai.

Like I said before, unless Chen Hong is Wolverine and has recovered 100% then I think it really does say something about LYB and his dirty strategy.

On the other hand if you look at the Danes in this tournament you'll see that they fight til the end even if one of them is injured. Danish coach, Thomas Laurdisen, should have asked Kenneth to let Peter get a walkover so that he can be fresh for his match in the final against Bao Chunlai especially when he was hospitalized several days ago vice versa. But they went on to play and pushed each other to three hard-fought sets. I said it before and I'll say it again: What great sportsmanships and professionalism they have!

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Very well said about the Danish team professionalism.

3. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Based on skill, any of the top 5 players can win....a lot depends on the draw and how many players from one country are allowed to play in Oly. If OG08 is similar to AG08, which limits 2 players from one country, then China may not have a big advantage, and would open affair. But if OG08 allows up to 4 players from one country like WC, then any one player from CHN has a huge advantage to win, especially with LYB game fixing strategy and playing at home.

4. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    As Han said, KJ is an honest player and respected for fair play and sportsmanship. LYB will never play fair cos it is all about winning at all cost, to secure his job and increase his bonus. CHN player only play all out against each other like some fella said in earlier threads, but only in early rounds...but when it comes to SF, LYB will fix the game to allow one player to rest and pick the better one to play their opponent in the MSF.

5. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    It's not disrespect from Bao... It's actually Bao sending a message to Peter that Peter's short serve returns are too unpredictable and Bao doesn't want to deal with it any more, and rather be prepared for a smash or drop shot instead. The long services also drained Gade's energy in the first game which Bao seemed to know that if he didn't make a change in style, he would have lost it anyways. Bao was looking further than the result of the first game, and thinking about how to win the rest.

Back in China Master 2006, LYB in the commentary with CCTV(I think) mentioned that Peter Gade has the best short service return in MS during the match between Gade and Lin Dan. LYB even praise LD for being smart to serve long instead of short serves, which Gade just returned those short serves with variety that put pressure on LD.

6. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Thanks for the info. It is a shame it did not work for BAO --- Peter has all the shots from smashes to drop shots. There is a lot to learn from this match between the two --- the contrast to LCW and BAO's match, where BAO was containing LCW.

7. Morten

Morten Regular Member

Bao is getting better and better. He gained the confidence that he can beat the best players and win tournaments, which we saw during 2006 where he beated both LD and LCW, so i think we will witness a golden era for the chinese and with his great technique and kinda soft style its gonna be a joy watching his matches.

Tommy try to read the post once again. I said that one of the former chinese national players actually said himself that China used to fix matches and that he had witnessed it being used in matches where he was playing himself. He said something about winners being chosen before a match or a player winning the 1st set gets the match. So its not something made up by me and why would a chinese former national player be telling lies about his countrymen?? End of discussion :)

To get back to Gade he may have sacrifised a lot cause i could read in the danish newspaper that he had been under nursing the last 2 days by the danish crew but was unable to recover a muscle pain he had gotten during the Malaysia Open. So to not make things worse Gade withdraw from Korea Open and went back to Denmark to recover fully and prepare for AE. I predict LD will execute his opponents and not give anyone a single chance, he must be hungry after his surprising defeat in MO ;)

8. Timbuctoo

Timbuctoo Regular Member

Peter Gade is one of the all time great and has proven that with his win in Malaysia. He has a great attitude and always beats players with his head (well actually his racket but you know what I mean). He's 30 now and his age alone inspires other 30 year olds to continue going hard. Well done Peter and don't forget to come to Australia and train some of us in Badminton, we need the help, lol.

9. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

Oh so an ex-chinese player told you:eek: The bummer next door told me the story about the danish badminton:) Can you kindly verify his identity on the forum? Or else don't make allegation for your own sake:)

10. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    #50 Simp84, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  11. virtualkidneys!

virtualkidneys! Regular Member

i doubt that gade will dominate the next couple of years as there will be plenty of ppl that will hav much higher fitness levels than him which they will take advantage of. However it is true that danish players tend to stay a lot longer then others like jens eriksen and martin lundgaard!
    gd luk to the future for him!

12. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    sometimes badminton is not all about fitness...
    there is something that can only be obtained through time.. they are skills and experience.. and it can definatly compensate for fitness;)