Gade's performance

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2007' started by 2cents, Jan 19, 2007.

1. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Just not long ago, Gade lost to Chen Yu at his home convincingly in the prestige Denmark Open; how come now Gade, still undergoing suffering of his severe illness, blow away Chen Yu so easy?

The mystery illness could be the turning point for Gade, like Lance Armstrong dominating after becoming the cancer guy.

The new look of Peter Gade may confirm this thought:

[​IMG]

He looks much different now, a very muscular guy now.

Gade must find a new way to enhance his performance during the treatment. I will not be surprised that he will dominate in the next several months or even years, like what Armstrong did.

2. Viper2005

Viper2005 Regular Member

Play Badminton Everyday!
    What happened to his hair????:eek: Another KJ look alike.....:D
    Wonder who will win....Gade or KJ? Maybe flip a coin and conserve energy for the final. The winner can take the other out for a nice dinner......:D

3. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

I meant to say "Gade must have found the way to enhance his performance during his treatment". There will be no doubt for Gade's win.

4. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    Nah, the Danes usually fight til one emerge as the winner; hopefully Peter Gade will be the one who does.

I don't know how good his condition is but I think it's a good chance for him to grab this title since 3 of the very best are out! All he has to do is advance to the final by beating his compatriots Kenneth Jonassen and beat either Chen Hong or Bao Chunlai.

5. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I agree that Peter Gade has an excellent chance of winning this MO title, but it ain't as easy as you say it is.:cool:

Let me ask you this, whom are the "3 of the very best" are you referring to? Lin Dan, Taufik, and whom?? LCW, but didn't he lose to someone better named BCL? so another word, there is still someone better than the so-called 3 of the very best in the mix of the semi-final.

Plus, how can you call LCW one of the 3 very best consider his result last year, won a few 4* touranments, then having lost to numerous players throughout the year, plus early exits in 2 tournaments???:confused:

6. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

well, who usually don't?

If we do some reality check, all head to head records between PG and KJ are purely one side. Danes are smart enough to protect mutual interests.

While Malaysian and Chinese fight more aggressively with each other. The reason could be the competition inside team to fight to represent their country. For Danes, there is no such problem.

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Anything to do with his treatment? or performance enhancing process :confused: :confused: :confused:

7. alvinlai

alvinlai Regular Member

Legal Counsel
    Perhaps without any hair, it'll make him much lighter and faster~ :p

8. Morten

Morten Regular Member

2cents i couldnt disagree more with you than about what you saying about the danes. Only country we have seen "fix" the matches were the chinese shuttlers some years ago. I stopped playing badminton, but in my former badminton club a former chinese national player Luo told me how China used to fix the matches, he once got told by a chinese coach to loose the semi finals in the junior WC semi final after beating Gade in the quarter cause he should meet Chen Gang who had to be fresh for the final.

Only reason why Gade wins against Jonassen is cause he is slight better and then the big factor the mental aspect. But several matches have been close and some 3 setters so that explains itself that no matches are fixed between them. However its nice to see that the chinese have putted the match fixing away and started to play as real sportsmen, thats what the sport need to promote itself.

9. BlaZe

BlaZe Regular Member

10. Simp84

Simp84 Regular Member

Student
    I disagree with that statement haha.... his build is exactly the same... the only changes is his hair... he always wanted that hair but the wife wont let him.. after watching the guy from prison break, she allowed him to do so.... according to his website hehe:D

11. Eurasian =--(O)

Eurasian =--(O) Regular Member

i dont think you can compare cancer to a regular flu bug...

12. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper

Actually I think Peter Gade and Kenneth Jonassen usually meet in the final round of the Copanhagen Masters and European Masters. The only other tournaments where they met each other were the final of the 2005 Korean Open and 2006 Philippines Open.

Copanhagen Masters do not account for points as it is only an invitational to a friendly tournament so I don't understand why it would make any sense for the Danes to "fix" their own invitational tournament. As for the other tournaments, they rarely ever met in the earlier rounds, mostly in the final in which it doesn't make sense for them to "fix" matches either. Denmark and other countries are not like China which is the only country that has enough great men's singles players that it is possible to run into their own countrymen in the earlier rounds.

I have to agree with Morten here that it wasn't match fixing that Peter Gade always beat Kenneth Jonassen but instead it was his skills and game play that was one step higher than Jonassen's. Look at the Korean's retired pairs, KDM/HTK and LDS/YYS, the latter pair never prevail against their compatriots but they always played their best. Their effort were greatly demonstrated in the 2004 Athens Olympics final and 1999 World Championships final or maybe it was during an All England final.

#12 virusvoodoo, Jan 19, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  13. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Hi Morten and Virusvoodoo, It's not my intent to discuss who fixing the match. The only words I mentioned to reply Virusvoodoo original suggestion were that Malaysia and China players fight more aggressively with teammates. There is no proof to charge any body now fixing the match. But however, we can see tomorrow's two semi-finals, to see which one using more minutes and more rally points.

The original intent of this thread was to find out why Peter Gade suddenly becomes so strong during his severe illness. Thanks

14. seeleegal

seeleegal Regular Member

IS it true that his wife allowed him to cut his hair after watching prison break??Haha..:) which website got say this?..I went to www.petergade,net but coundn't find this news le....:)

15. Tommy Susanto

Tommy Susanto Regular Member

One way to beat Gade is to get rid of his sidekick early which is jonassen. So far no one can do the job. jonassen has never beat gade yeah sure gade is plain good. i certainly don't think he can beat gade again. Sure gade has a higher chance of beat bcl. Good strategy ditto.
    Like a few years back, after jonas/paaske won wc and both eriksen/ martin and the latter went in the final of japan open. Yes eriksen/ martin won and the rest is history.
    Morten please don't say anything else about no team orders:p

16. Johnny

Johnny Regular Member

Programmer
    I dont really know what you are trying to say, but calling Kenneth Gades sidekick is just plain rude....

17. Morten

Morten Regular Member

About how Peter suddenly got that strong. Well hes always been that, actually been in top 3 from 1997-2007 if you look on pure skills. Poul Erik Höyer old team mate of him said Peter Gade is a perfectionist and want things to be 100%, so if things dont go as he wants it to go in a match, for example hes shots arent accurate enough he tends to break down mentally which has been seen some times the last decade, for example at the AE semifinal against Lee this year. Of course Peter was ill and weak, but it was a short illness not a longer period and i guess thats basicly why he can regain form/strengh that fast. But we did see he struggled against Pang and had a set point against him, a player whom he normally beats easy.

Maybe youre right Virus that the Chinese now are fighting more against each other due to the competition to be chosen for those tournaments than any others, I agree on that with you :eek: . Its good to see that the chinese at last putted that match fixing away and those WO.

To Tommy, what do you base those facts on. Do you actually know anyone who can confirm this or is it only from your own point of wiev. Cause i can tell you that it aint true. Head coach from Denmark was once asked few years ago what he did think about fixing matches like China did and he said it was disgusting and ruined the sport. In Denmark theres always been one issue and that is "may the best person win" :eek:

18. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    I must say that the 21-pts system does give the older players a new lease of life. Chen Hong, Wong Choon Han, Gade/Jonassen duo, they are still playing at top potential and challenging the young guns.

Then again, Danish players do last a lot longer than most others, must be a tradition going on here .... so what's the secret?

19. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    I dunno, but when I just recovered from a flu, I seem to play better

20. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

6 or 7 years ago, when Bao CL first turned pro, he continuously beat Peter Gade many times without losing any. Peter Gade was on his peak form that time.

But now, Peter Gade is too much for Bao CL to handle. So if we keep saying Bao is becoming better, then Gade must become better much faster!