Eva --> crazy journalist :D

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Chesire Cat, May 21, 2004.

1. Chesire Cat

Chesire Cat Regular Member

Journalist at The Jakarta Post
    li yong bo

hello cooler

no fortunately it wasn't me LOL but it was my friend. yeah he's widely known as the most arrogant person in badminton and none of us (the journalists) wanted to interview him LOL but we had to *sigh* LOL

well there was one time when i wanted to interview xia xuanze and you know none of the chinese players wanted to be interviewed unless li yongbo says it's ok. i asked for the interpreter to ask him whether it wasok for me to interview xia and do you believe that actually li yongbo checking on me ,probably he was thinking that why i couldn't speak chinese LOL

(believe me i do look very chinese and many chinese journalists thought i was one of them and spoke chinese to me and all i could say was "err..umm..i don't speak chinese" LOL - how very embarassing LOL)

for zax : i picked the name chesire cat cos i like cat and i love THAT cat LOL do you know which cat i am talking about? the one which appeared in alice in wonderland?

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    You could reply them with something like "Maaf, enggak ngerti cina, pak". That'll identify you as Indonesian without doubt!

So do these Chinese journalists speak English? How do you communicate with them?

3. SDK-MSN

SDK-MSN Regular Member

hey Eva! we had a good time chatting trough messenger yesterday!Hope to chat with you again soon~!
    To your surprises BF-ers,most Chinese-Indonesian can't speak,read or write chinese :p kekeke...what an embarassment..
    and me,being one of them!:eek: :(

4. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Blame Soekarno. It's not your fault you don't have any chance to do so anyway.

5. SDK-MSN

SDK-MSN Regular Member

I dont think it's Soekarno's fault.It's SOEHARTO'S fault.Only soekarno can govern Indonesia well.soeharto make us use Indonesian language as our main language and nothing else.not even english.He only allows names,billboards,signs,whatever to be only in Indonesian.

I think he's dumb in making Indonesians stupid.

6. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Akhem, perhaps the dumb thing he did was to try to assimilate the culture by force ala Emperor Qinshihuangdi in China 2000 years ago. It doesn't work that way anymore as people are more conscious about their own identity and more empowered.

Sorry about the mistake in Soekarno. Now I remember it was Soeharto who imposed the nationalisation policies. :)

My world history needs some oiling.

7. Chesire Cat

hello wilfredlgf and sdk msn

yeah we're all agree that soeharto period is quite awful for us chinese people cos we're banned from learning and talking chinese and studying chinese culture.

but now, even if it's ok to speak and study chinese i don't think i wanna study that language LOL it's waaay too difficult for me cos i have to learn how to read and write as well...plus i need to speak danish as well and that should comes first LOL first thing first.

sometimes i regret of being not able to speak chinese though..it would be a great advantage..especially when dealing with chinese players and of course..the notorious li yongbo hehe :D

8. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Hi Eva,

that's nice of you to share your experience on BF.

I am also a beginner in (amateur) badminton journalism for badzine.info (Raphael Sachetat's "webzine", a badminton information site... in french), and I have been covering my first live event this week-end (the french national championships).

And I have realized how much work it is, and I really understand how hard it must have been to cover the T&U cup during 10 days!!!

well, keep writing good articles, I think your english is great! (only four-five years?!? :eek: )

Nice to meet you anyway! :):)

9. Chesire Cat

hello seven

you're a journalist too? that's great to hear and i want to check your website after this. it's always interesting to read other people's work and i think i have to keep on learning how to write well.

raphael is a really good journalist and i remember me and my friend zakki always checked and read his website everyday during the 10-day tournament. he always found a way to make a badminton game report into a very interesting story. wish i could write like that. i realize that i have a language barrier cos i am not fluent in english and sports vocabulary can be really confusing LOL but of course i will keep on learning.

seven, do you think you can teach me french? i took a french course couple of months ago but i quitted cos i didn't have much time anymore...LOL
    but i still manage to read comic books, or understand french films a little bit LOL

talk to you later

10. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Eva,

I'm not really a journalist, only an "amateur" journalist, my real job is computing engineer.
    I write articles from time to time for badzine.info (signed as Ian, that's my real name) and I covered my first "live" competition this week-end during two and a half days, which was a great experience! :)

Yes, Raph is a very good journalist, it's a lot of work to take photos, watch matches, interview players and write articles at the same time.
    I don't know how he manages all of that!!!

About teaching you french, I don't know how good I am at teaching, but if you can learn french as quickly as english, I think anyone would be able to teach you french... so I probably can too! :D
    (you must be very talented with foreign languages obviously)

See you

11. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    Chinese

Actually the PBSI is failing in more than one way. It's sad for Indonesian badminton... I hope for you that the doubles will be in form in time for the olympics... the Danes, Koreans and Chinese will certainly be looking to take over the gold...

Thanks, I already read the newspapers every day that report on badminton, including the jakarta post and the star!

I know how difficult it is to talk to the Chinese... The interpreter of the team also refused to translate a couple of questions for Xia to me at the Korea Open. Fortunately I found someone else who could translate for me... and Xia himself for was very kind.

Best thing would be to learn Chinese...!

#31 Zax, May 25, 2004
    Last edited: May 25, 2004
  12. Chesire Cat

hi seven

hello seven

i have checked your website and it looked really cool, well i say "it looked" cos i didn't understand french that good LOL but it looked awesome! there were so many things there (that i couldn't understand LOL) and i could say that you and raphael did a wonderful job in making the website.

which area in france do you live? probably if i go there we can meet? :D
    i regret myself so much that i didn't join this forum before the TC/UC otherwise i could have met with people in here :D

13. Chesire Cat

me!

hey BF-ers

this is me! LOL sorry the pic quality is bad cos it was taken at night with a camera phone *sigh* i don't have camera phone with flash *sigh even deeper* LOL

PS : err..how am i supposed to upload a picture? LOL i clicked manage attachment and browsed the file i wanted to upload and clicked upload but nothing happened?

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you are on the right path, just wait for a few seconds more, it will give u a confirmation, then close window :) Also, make sure the picture file is equal or less than 180kB

15. Chesire Cat

Finally!

hi!

finally i managed to attach a picture of me! LOL i looked terribly dumb and sleepy there HAHA :D that's why i don't like getting my pictures taken cos i always looked awful :p

well...the pic quality was bad like i have told you before cos it was taken by my friend using a camera phone :D

Attached Files:

• me1.jpg
      me1.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
  16. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Damn, Chesire Cat... you look like... a Chesire Cat:eek:?!!! I guess there's some truth in people assuming their pets' facial features after a long time of companionship:D. Or was that their spouses'... ugh! Can't remember anymore:eek:.

17. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Hi Eva,

in fact, it's mainly Raphael that you should congratulate for this site.
    It's him who had the idea and created the site with a friend of his, I only write some articles and give him a few ideas of improvement for the site whenever I find some... :D

About where I live : I live in Toulouse, south-west of France, capital of Occitania. Are you planning to come in France sometime? If so, we can meet of course! :)

18. Chesire Cat

cat?

19. Chesire Cat

hi seven

hi seven

oh so you live in toulouse? cool! yes maybe i will go to france next year, i dunno LOL well i am going to move to denmark anyway..i think i should look around in the neighbouring countries as well :D

20. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Yes, Chesire Cat... you do have eyes of a lovely Chesire cat:D. Ah, the vanity of some women...;)!

BTW, I agreed with the others... loved your news articles. Your journalistic part in promoting the sport is not an insignificant one. It must have been daunting enough just to research/interview your subjects and fight submission deadlines, your interesting articles gave meaning and a 'human side' to elite sport figures most people only knew casually. Keep up the good work:)!