Eva --> crazy journalist :D

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Chesire Cat, May 21, 2004.

1. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    han
    yes, Toulouse is a nice town with an important history too! I'm surprised you know Toulouse, you seem to have very good knowledge of Europe. :)
    If you move to Denmark, it's sure it's worth visiting other european countries (including Toulouse :D ), though traveling is expensive of course... maybe you can arrange to cover the european tournaments for the Jakarta Post so you can have some travels for free? ;)

2. Chesire Cat

Chesire Cat Regular Member

Journalist at The Jakarta Post
    me? the cat?

hello cappy

hmm LOL is that a compliment about the cat eyes? *scratches head* LOL naah just kidding... anyway this is the first time someone told me i have cat eyes LOL the truth is i have chinese eyes..that i hate LOL

thanks for the compliments on the articles. i am still a young inexperienced writer and still needs a lot to learn, especially learning english better LOL

3. Chesire Cat

hello seven

hello seven

yeah! travelling around europe is definitely a cool thing. i only have been to copenhagen before and i like it very much..i mean it's sooo different from southeast asian cities like jakarta, singapore and kuala lumpur.

the air is just different LOL and the view is different too LOL i have never been to toulouse but european cities have certain similarities right? well if i go to france i will contact you to make an appointment (hehe that sounds like you're a dentist and i am your patient LOL) besides..think i need to practice my french LOL

when i was still in surabaya (i just moved to jakarta less than one year ago) i used to practice my french at the french course (french culture center) every day but now i don't have time anymore although i have signed up to become a member in the french culture center here in jakarta :D

4. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Hi Eva, nice to have you with us. There's no need to be so stressed about your English, for someone who's been learning English for such a short time it's excellent. If everyone on BC/BF wrote as well as you did, especially those who have been learning the language for a much longer time, I'd be much less of a curmudgeon.

#44 Pecheur, Jun 1, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2004
  5. Chesire Cat

this is me?

hey!!

ok ;) this is me then?

Attached Files:

6. ManuelUK

ManuelUK Regular Member

Bank
    Surabaya!!

Hey Eva you lived in Surabaya before? I have been there as well. Cool. You must know the Djarum Badminton club nearby. My coach is from there, and I was at the Djarum training center for 3 weeks. It was really interesting to see all the young players and the hard training and to participate with them in the training. We trained as much as they did! It was really a good experience, but really though. :eek:
    I liked the area over there. We went to some big supermarkets and to a large open air swimming pool near the sea.

I really would like to go back as I made some friends over there but haven't seen them for years.

Regards,
    Manuel

7. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    I suppose european cities must have certain similarities when compared to Asian cities, but I find them very different from each other with the little experience I have.

Even within french cities, there are big differences mainly between northern cities (french culture) and southern cities (occitan culture) like Toulouse.
    In fact, Toulouse's architecture is nearer to Barcelona's than to other french cities. (these two cities have many common aspects including historical and political ones)

Toulouse is a very nice old city, also called the "pink city" because of the colour of its traditionnal bricks (more orange than pink in fact), which are made of cooked clay. It makes it very different from all these european gray cities!! :D

Also, northen and mediterranean Europe have different culture and habits. One of the things that striked me when I went up north on various occasions is how well disciplined (and hard-working) northern europeans are (globally), when mediterranean temper is more the opposite! :p

Well, if you have chance to visit different places in Europe, you will be able to build your own judgement anyway! :)

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Cheshire Cat,

any news on how the Indonesian players are preparing for the Olympics?

9. Chesire Cat

manuel!

hello manuel

where are you originally from? UK? if so, how come you ended up in surabaya few years ago? LOL i am just kidding yes i know djarum club!
    when did you visit surabaya? what year? what month? just curious :D where did you stay? *put on a very very curious and nosy look* LOL

well i had been living in surabaya for all my life until last august i went to jakarta to take the job as a journalist LOL i miss my city :( i only had the chance to go back home once a year cos i am buried under pile of works LOL

have you been in jakarta as well? :)

talk to you later

10. Chesire Cat

hello kwun

not really much news about indonesian players. they're practising like usual at the national training center in cipayung jakarta and the juniors went to this tournament in vietnam.

the most interesting subject to talk is not about badminton players right now LOL but about PBSI. people want chaerul tanjung (PBSI's chairman) to resign because everyone thinks he failed his task. everyone's been asking of a special national PBSI meeting for discussing the recent thomas and uber cup.

it's just crazy LOL

11. ManuelUK

ManuelUK Regular Member

Bank
    Hi Eva,
    I am originally from Portual, but lived since birth in Luxembourg. There I have been playing Badminton the last years and I ended up in the National team. I think 4 years ago or so that we went we the National team to Indonesia, in Kudus at the Djarum Club. We stayed actually there for the whole time living with the other players. I even met Haryanto Arbi there.
    Sometimes we went to Surabaya to relax and visit around. We went there in July, so it was really hot!!
    Everything was so different from Europe. But due to all the time training we had no time to visit Jakarta. :(
    I had to move to London 6 months ago to work, that's why UK.

12. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    ManuelUK, is your coach Guntur Hariono by any chance?

13. Chesire Cat

halo manuel

wow! i didn't know that you guys went to kudus to practice. kudus is a veeeeeeeeeeery small booooooooooooooring city LOL am i right? *wink* so that's why you go to surabaya during weekend huh? i have only been to kudus once or twice (and that was waaaaaaaaaay when i was still in high school because my dad's relatives were staying there)

so are you still playing badminton in UK?

you didn't have time to visit jakarta? ah well LOL maybe next time *wink*
    eh btw do you like indonesian or probably surabayan food? HEHE cos many people can't stand it LOL

14. ManuelUK

ManuelUK Regular Member

Bank
    Hi Sven,

Guntur was partially our coach. Our main coach was his brother Hariono. The coach from my club is also a wellknown player from the Ucrainian National team: Valeriy Strelcov.
    Have you seen any of them in the tournaments in France?
    Manuel

15. Chesire Cat

crazy memories LOL

hello!

hmm i just want to say that me and my friends (other sports journalists) went to talk about how we missed thomas and uber cups LOL
    we were like "wish it was one month long instead of only two weeks" LOL cos we had so many good memories during the event LOL

i've got a friend (a journalist also) that went crazy over bao chun lai's rosy cheek and lips (HEHE) and one other who was falling deeply in "LOVE" with english player (i can't tell you the name) and also to danish number one player haha...

we got to see kenneth jonassen and peter gade took off their pants (AAAH *faints* on the badminton court as well) *giggles*

hmm..two years ago, 2002, i watched the thomas and uber cups on tv at home, but two years later, i watched it with my own eyes and got to meet all the interesting players..who knows what will happen in the next two years? :D

ah ok..maybe i am just being crazy today LOL

talk to you later

16. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    hmm yes, I think I was getting both brothers mistaken! :)
    I've never seen them play though, only know them by reputation...

About Valerij Strelcov, yes I saw him play several times at Toulouse Open (which he won one year in MD if I'm not mistaken)
    He was a very good doubles player, and also Elena Nozdran's boyfriend/husband(?)... I suppose it's still the case, which means he's a father now? :D

17. Chesire Cat

PBSI's chaerul tanjung is going to resign?

hey guys and girls

well i went into this press conference this afternoon. it seems like more than 80 percent of the indonesian badminton association (PBSI)'s office in regions are demanding chaerul tanjung (PBSI"s chairman) to resign due to the Indonesian shuttlers bad performance :( well tomorrow PBSI will have a plenary meeting and i will let you know the result (although it's going to be tough cos i have to watch football match too - qualifying match for the world cup)

18. ManuelUK

ManuelUK Regular Member

Bank
    Hi Sven,
    Yes his wife is really good (Elena Nozdran). She started playing again since a few months after having a baby. They were both really good in Mixte.
    I like to play against them. (when I have the opportunity).
    It looks so easy when he plays double, and when the other coaches play in Singles it is really amazing.

19. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Thanks Eva for the news about Chaerul, do you know who is on the "shortlist" for replacing him ?
    Keep us informed of what happens next anyway! :)

ManuelUK, this must be great to have such trainers (and occasionnal opponents), I never had this chance unfortunately... :(

20. Chesire Cat

chaerul

hello seven

there's no shortlist on who's going to replace chaerul :) the regional offices are just fed up with PBSI under his rule. that's why they're asking chaerul to resign first and they'll come up with whoever able to take the chairman seat