Danisa DENMARK Open 2018 : Round of 32-Final (16-21 October)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Should start at 12 instead of 3 local time.

2. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

Sarcasm? Lol. Why would the Danes do that? No danes left in the tournament. Why so much hate for minions?

3. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

lol don't ask me.... ask tourney organizer or whoever decides the schedule.... i'm just offering speculation to make the forum hotter :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Wonder how many points LiuZhang lost in this tourney being defending champion?

5. minions

minions Regular Member

They got 11000 points by winning Denmark Open last year. As they are stopped in R2, they only got 4320 points from this tournament. As a result, they will lost 7680 points. They lost a lot of points and it will affect their ranking. Not just them, RI, Lee/Shin and Tang/Tse will lost a lot of points because they are defending champions who lost in R2.

6. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

India prefers Indonesian singles coaches and is very comfortable with INA playing style as there are similarities with Indian style.

7. Hassefar60

Hassefar60 Regular Member

Such suggestions say a lot about yourself. The Danish organisers would never speculate like that. If you are referring to the issues with light last year, that affected everyone, including BoMo who ended up playing late night.

deepinthemusic, skhai91 and LenaicM like this.
  8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Matches starts at 3.00 pm local time. What?
    They should take asian fans into consideration before deciding the timing.
    Most viewers are from India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and China.
    Disappointment.

9. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Earlier years they have started QFs at 5.00 pm local time in denmark open.

stanleyfm likes this.
  10. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

It's quite extraordinary how the "Danish organisers" put unseeded local interest on TV court and relegate #1 and #2 seeds to court 3, even at quarter final stage, so its not totally outlandish to suggest that they use timing for certain ends, as well.

11. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

It was impressive by Antonsen to beat Axelsen, but I think he used a lot of energy and may struggle today if Huang Yuxiang can keep the shuttle in play long enough.

12. mart333

mart333 Regular Member

They surely start later to accomodate their locals to be able to watch live.
    Asians already have more competitions, let then have theirs. That way badminton will be more popular?

13. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Yes, superstars Momota, Zheng Ziwei and old timers Ahsan/Setiawan are on ct3 :mad:

14. Cunning Linguist

Cunning Linguist Regular Member

To be fair, most tournament organisers do something similar, but it shows that there is local interest in who plays when and where.

15. It'sMeMeMe

ewww..... personally i never could come up with such conspiracy thinking....dud

this thinking came up on the last tourney thread or the one before that i don't remember but it wasn't me who thought of such thing first.... someone else did

as i said i thought i wanted to spice this thread a bit.... duh my heart bleeds....

16. It'sMeMeMe

i couldn't care less whether the organizer does stupid things or not.....in fact i already bet 2 boxes of pocari sweat to baddy groupies that minions won't get DEN title....

if anything i definitely wants minions to lose

also i want entertaining matches above all else..... i definitely don't like watching crucial 3rd set where the players are too weak to produce big rallies due to shorter-than-usual rest period..... makes me wanna run to the court and beat some morons myself.... which i couldn't do since the matches are midnights the courts are closed and no enemy in sight....arghhhhhhhhh so annoying organizer.... got it? jeez.....such sensitive...

17. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

QUARTERFINALS (03.00pm, 3 Courts) => https://www.tournamentsoftware.com/...85EA57-347D-4D3B-AD28-2EFBD4890DDB&d=20181019

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS
    - Chou Tien Chen (TPE) v Son Wan Ho (KOR)
    - Tai Tzu Ying (TPE) v Chen Yufei (CHN)
    - Nozomi Okuhara (JPN) v Saina Nehwal (IND)
    - Gideon/Sukamuljo (INA) v Hoki/Kobayashi (JPN)
    - Liao MC/Su CH (TPE) v Ellis/Langridge (ENG)
    - Fukushima/Hirota (JPN) v Ponnappa/Reddy (IND)
    - Tanaka/Yonemoto (JPN) v Du Y/Li YH (CHN)
    - Zheng SW/Huang YQ (CHN) v Adcock/Adcock (ENG)
    - Ahmad/Natsir (INA) v Christiansen/Pedersen (DEN)

Four defending champions found finish line earlier simultaneously yesterday, only one remains in men's singles category, describing high intensity badminton competition since preliminary rounds.
    • Top-seed Viktor Axelsen swallows big disappointment to shine at home soil, lost narrowly to younger compatriot Anders Antonsen 19-21 despite made good comeback to close the gap but wasn't enough to stop Antonsen progress into quarterfinal stage. On other side, archrival Kento Momota also title-holder Kidambi Srikanth maintain their chance in this tournament and slated to set up a meeting on semifinal. The Indian number one eliminated the aging Lin Dan in three games, 18-21 / 21-17 / 21-16.
    • Underdog Sameer Verma continues his surprising run to beat Asian Games Champion Jonatan Christie in thrilling deciding game, 23-21 / 6-21 / 22-20. Verma stunned All England Champion Shi Yuqi at previous round and face Srikanth for a semifinal berth. Meanwhile Chou Tien Chen will up against Son Wan Ho is the only quarterfinal clash that goes to the script.
    • Hot favourite Tai Tzu Ying is barricaded by Chinese players at quarterfinal draw as she will take on Chen Yufei today and either Cai Yanyan or lefthander He Bingjiao on Saturday. Cai shows her potential, starting to defeat elite player and this time title-holder Ratchanok Intanon in two tight games, 22-20 / 22-20.
    • Last WS standing for Japan, Nozomi Okuhara must face Saina Nehwal, an interesting rematch between these two established players, last meeting was sensational victory for Okuhara at recent KOR Open quarterfinal. Two unseeded names Gregoria Mariska and local hopeful Line Kjaersfeldt will seek final four spot.
    • Non-stop upsets coloring men's doubles category, the indisputable current best Gideon/Sukamuljo are predicted to pass Hoki/Kobayashi and may meet their seniors Ahsan/Setiawan tomorrow if former world champions could conquer China young prospect Han CK/Zhou HD.
    • At the opposite draw, Kamura/Sonoda will the favourite to book final ticket judging by their next opponents. Second seed Li JH/Liu YC aren't in their element losing to Ellis/Langridge also current CHN Open winner Astrup/Rasmussen couldn't halt the explosive Liao MC/Su CH.
    • Another Japan prominent WD pair falter, the Olympic Champion Matsutomo/Takahashi were shocked by KOR scratch combination Kim HJ/Kim SY, 18-21 / 14-21. Other surprising defeat at second round highlighted Chen/Jia lost to Du Y/Li YH also last year winner Lee SH/Shin SC failed to overcome Indian duo Ponnappa/Reddy.
    • Indonesia aces Polii/Rahayu enjoy their favourable draw, it should be no problem to check into semis and potentially will challenge world number one Fukushima/Hirota.
    • Mixed doubles category offers some engaging plots, strongest contenders Zheng SW/Huang YQ will find real test today, The Adcocks who almost beat them in MAS Super 750 semifinal last July. Zheng/Huang destroyed another INA combination Suwardi/Susanto yesteday, 21-18 / 21-11. Third seed Ahmad/Natsir will face tough foe to overcome, Christiansen/Pedersen. The Olympic Champion had hard times to tackle GER pair Lamsfuss/Herttrich in last sixteen.
    • The battle of lefthander pairs produced gruelling match that saw Seo SJ/Chae YJ beat defending champion Tang CM/Tse YS, 21-12 / 17-21 / 22-20. Malaysia XD pairs have good day in Odense, Chan PS/Goh LY tame All England Champion Watanabe/Higashino who still played carelessly and rushing to end the match, contrast with their vast experienced rival. Goh/Shevon also step up into last eight, outplayed Lu K/Chen L and will meet Thailand stars Puavaranukroh/Taerattanachai who powered past second seed Wang YL/Huang DP.
    LIVE TV COVERAGE (Court 1) :
    1) Chan Peng Soon/Goh Liu Ying (MAS) v Seo Seung Jae/Chae Yu Jung (KOR)
    2) Tai Tzu Ying (TPE) v Chen Yufei (CHN)
    3) Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir (INA) v Mathias Christiansen/Christina Pedersen (DEN)
    4) Chou Tien Chen (TPE) v Son Wan Ho (KOR)
    5) Anders Antonsen (DEN) v Huang Yuxiang (CHN)
    6) Nozomi Okuhara (JPN) v Saina Nehwal (IND)
    7) Yuki Fukushima/Sayaka Hirota (JPN) v Ashwini Ponnappa/Reddy N.Sikki (IND)
    8) Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA) v Takuro Hoki/Yugo Kobayashi (JPN)

18. It'sMeMeMe

KimSY or KongHeeYong?

19. Hassefar60

Big difference. One concerns fair play. The other only concerns the audience.
    And the latter is not extraordinary. Everyone does that. And I think everyone does it a little too much. The reasoning is most likely that the 1st and 2nd seeds will play on tv courts later in the tournament.

20. Hassefar60

My apologies then :). Didnt follow last thread. There is just so much conspiracy theory on these forums in general.