China coach - unfair Tactic?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by virusvoodoo, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

I agree and understand your feeling. Of course we do hope our player can achieve higher/more.

But i can't express my disappointment with our players' (and the coaches as well) attitude of finding excuses to their losses.

Blaming the bad linecall. Blaming this and that. Hey, it's enough. Don't try to find excuses to justify your losses.

Perhaps the higher hope that we put on our players make all those rubbish happened. Don't be surprise that if it was because the player and the coaches afraid of losing their rice bowl that make all those rubbish happened.

2. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

Excuse me. My point is "Selective Professional" That act is double standard. Other is pointless.

Asking for evidence? Excuse me, how old are you? Hope you are not too young or too old to recall.

3. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

You are unreal. Nobody mention about what the nationality of Tiger Woods.....? Don't you know the Ryder Cup is about US and Europe ? In all professional sports, natonal pride is still very important. Badminton is still sponsored by the the national bodies of badminton in every country --- I still don't know what you are on about - there is less and less national pride you say ? Get real !

Malaysians in general are always easily manipulated ? Let me tell you Malaysians are fervent about their sports --- they like their sports and are vocal but not easily manipulated. What Malaysians are not is that they do not take things lying down --- e.g. unspostmanlike shouting by coaches.

You are on about something like 'boos' and 'ya's which are pretty normal in sports and you make it like it should not happen whereas it is ok to tolerate coaches yelling expletives at the opponent. Who is the double standard person here ?

4. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    claims.

I agree with setting up cameras and having a proper qualified tribunals.
    rgds:D

5. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

if it's so 'once upon a time', that doesnt mean now Malaysians do that, if it's happening now, hello, im right here

6. hara^kazuko

But when would IBF do that?

7. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

So your earlier "psycologist" analysis does not apply to the crowd yelling?

8. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Meaningless arguing with you.

9. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

I agree with you as well.

10. hara^kazuko

If he will stop generalise everything that happened like Malaysian crowd attitude, opinions exchange is a no-problem for me

11. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    I think we should stop arguing over this matter...Different people has different view and we can't judge it..Actually we are not trying to find excuse for LCW,even himself admit that BCL play better than him but you all really think that LYB action is acceptable???As a coach, is it he can do everything he like???I think in everyone heart should have the answer...

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Sorry to jump into this "mini fray"..Can i get an IBF rule for this??..

..i know some of us are engaging in a "sensitive" yet "ethically-related" issue, but after this long of an argument, can anyone bring up or show us any IBF rule(s) from its official law or rule book which prohibit coaches from doing actions which are deemed disruptive to the other player(s) during a match??..or something like it..:confused:
    if there is, then i want to know what it really says abt it..maybe by showing that, it'll help clear up some misconceptions or vagueness abt this whole incident..thx:)

#232 ctjcad, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  13. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

I think now i found someone that worth spending my time.

I refuse to be manipulated. In fact i hate to be manipulated.

So, my approach for such issue will be to seek for evidence of such accusation on LYB. Is it true that LYB said all that and he mean to do so?
    At the moment, i don't know. LCW and coaches say yes but LYB deny.

You are right, everyone knows the answer in their heart. But have we think twice about the accusations or are we just being fool around by.

Do we still recall incident in 1998 that happened in our country? Someone try to justify his action and manipulate the public of showing the mattress, the apartment.....etc. I hate that manipulation. You as Malaysian should know what i mean although you may think that those are different from Badminton.

14. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

Your thoughts on this matter is much appreciated.If the incident can be proven,then IBF should stop this demeaning behaviour.Badminton has always been classy.Let it be this way always.For your info,LCW,is a street-smart kid and I am sure this incident will be erased.I agree totally with you that LCW is the biggest threat to the Chinese in the 2008 Olmpics.

15. Jessica

Jessica Regular Member

Student
    If this incident can made him more mature and strong, why not???

16. cindie

cindie Regular Member

Why do we have to follow LYB's footsteps?? This thread is already condemning what LYB did and you want all Malaysian Chinese to follow his footsteps?? :rolleyes:

17. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

李永波正式否認

中新网马德里9月23日电(记者夏宇华)马来西亚男单第一高手李宗伟昨天在被中国球员鲍春来淘汰后公开指责中国队总教练李永波,称李永波比赛期间在场外对他进行谩骂,并威胁说要打断他的腿,外电纷纷引述他的话对此事进行了报道。

作为当事人的李永波今天对此作出回应,否认他曾说过那样的话。“我怎么可能说要打断他的腿呢?那不成土匪了吗?”李永波说。

李永波表示,昨天他只是对李宗伟的不当行为进行了批评,“李宗伟在比赛中经常乱喊,干扰裁判员的判罚。在观众席上看比赛的我高声地提醒鲍春来叫他让李宗伟闭嘴,并说了一句‘好的没学会,毛病学了不少’。不知道‘打断腿’的说法从何而来。”

“至于他说我干扰了他的比赛,那就对了,我就是想达到这个目的。这更说明他做得确实不对,心里有鬼,不然我的话根本不可能影响到他。他是在为他的失败找借口。”李永波说。

李宗伟本来是李永波最欣赏的运动员之一,但今年马来西亚公开赛上发生的一件事改变了李永波对他的看法。“林丹男单决赛在决胜局二十比十三领先的情况输给了李宗伟。李宗伟竟然在赛后的新闻发布会上称林丹是最不值得他尊敬的运动员。”

“林丹输球后感觉很窝火,有踢球拍之类的发泄行为,这对于运动员来说其实是很正常的。李宗伟非但不对林丹表示安慰,反而借题发挥说出那种很伤害林丹的话来,实在很不应该。”李永波说。

李永波表示,李宗伟是一位很有天赋的运动员,“而且是一个很好的孩子”,“但他应该可以做得更好。从他无端指责林丹到这次无中生有可以看出他确实学了一些不好的东西,这对他的成长会有妨碍。”

If he didn't say such thing, i don't think LCW will accuse him. Somemore, a chinese reporter from China itself said that before after the Hong Kong Open final match.

Well, he did agree that he wanted to distract LCW.

Hey man, when did Chong Wei make such comments abt Lin Dan? No malaysian papers and even china papers reported this after the Malaysian open. If he really did make such comment abt Lin Dan, i am sure it would already be headlines at that time.

18. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    Are you a traitor sent by LYB to antagonise all the M'sian fans?

19. malaysian

malaysian Regular Member

stupid Li Yong Bo!

He likes to play mind game especially when he knows that his players can't win his opponent.

What the hell is he doing this?! Being a player he is not unbeatable, and being a head coach of China he is a failure! No sportmanship at all!

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What's the worry? Next year, LYB will behave like a mouse ,otherwise he may be carried out and no IBF official can protect him. His days of rotten behaviour are numbered so he's making full use of the time.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.