China coach - unfair Tactic?

Discussion in 'World Championships 2006' started by virusvoodoo, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Well seems to me u r talking trash :p.
    LCW didnt say LYB affected him, he commented that BCL played well and also mainly the bad calls has affect the game. Plz bother to do some reading b4 u say something. LCW is just disgusted by LYB thats all, who wont?

2. jaclyn

jaclyn Regular Member

student
    just now saw a message form LYB's son in a website
    §Úª¨ª¨¬O³Ì¦n³Ì¦nªº!
    ¤j®a¦n§Ú§õ¥Ãªiªº¤I¤l!§Ú¥s§õ®Ú¤]¬O¤@个¦Ð¤ò²y运动员!现¦b¦bºÖ«Ø训练!¤j®aª¾¹D吗?§Ú¬Ý¤F¨º¨Ç说§Úª¨ª¨§¥话ªº¤H¥H¦Z§Ú·Q说¦pªG¤j®a没¦³ª¾¹D内±¡请¤£*n*J乱说话!¨º样§A会³y¦¨对¤@个¤Hªº¦WÐ`ªº¼v响!还¦³§A们¦Ü¤£ª¾¹D¤@个¤H从¤@个无¦Wªº运动员¦b¨ì¤@个®³过7项¥@¬É«a军µM¦Z¦b¨ì¤@个ª¾¦W±Ð练ªº¨¯*W吗?¨º¨Ç¤£ª¾¹D内±¡´N*J乱说话ªº¤H!§A们还¦³¨}¤ß吗?§Úª¨ª¨¥L®e©ö°Ú!¥L¤£²Ö°Ú!§A们贝着¨}¤ß说¥y话!§Úª¨ª¨¥L¨º¨½°µ±¹¤F?

http://post.baidu.com/f?kz=92037042

3. Malaysianfan

Malaysianfan Regular Member

He wrote this in April this year. Was there any controversy involving Mr. Li aroung that time?

4. jaclyn

jaclyn Regular Member

student
    not quiet sure....
    i saw a forum post this up... but seem a lot of people supporting LYB..dunno why:confused: :D
    but everyone like different thing...so..cant complain about it..

#204 jaclyn, Sep 23, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2006
  5. tze yang

tze yang Regular Member

World No. 3 In Outdoor Badminton

Firstly, as someone said, he did not blame his loss on LYB, he did blame it slightly on 2 bad line calls, but not on LYB. He only said it is unsportsmanlike for LYB to commit such act

Secondly, Although these acts are common in soccer and basketball and many other sports, does it mean it is alright to do so in badminton.?
    Different sports are different, do you see such thing in Golf?or cricket?Those are gentleman's game and hence such acts are considered unsportsmanlike.
    And eventhough they are common in other games, are they encouraged?Matterazzi from Italy was penalised and fined for his remarks against Zidane during the world cup final, classic example, it is common but it still isn't encouraged.
    Plus these acts are what causes players in other sports to pick fights with each other so often, would you like to watch LCW fight with LYB?headbutting each other?while the umpire pulls out the yellow card? :confused:

6. mazinkaiser

mazinkaiser Regular Member

Network Consulting Engineer
    In Golf? of course trashtalk exist. Look at the Ryder cup now, see what the media says about Tiger's wife. Cricket? of course, have you seen cricket match between India and Pakistan. Even Bin Laden came out of his cave in Pakistan to say trash. :) . Personally, I think LCW and his coach should say something sarcastic to the media pointing at LYB to make their point. They should say something like: "We credit Bao for his good badminton playing to beat LCW and we also credit coach LYB for his supurb coaching style, seems like to us, the only way for his player to beat LCW is to have our legs broken". and during the next match between LCW and any of the China player, they would show up with Yonex bags, rackets and a set of cluch. That to me would be making a statement to LYB. :)

7. khwong

khwong Regular Member

Self Employed
    Why is LYB acting like a thug? He is the chief coach of China and his actions are despicable. From now onwards, he doesn't deserve any respect from all of us Malaysians. I can't wait until the next WC comes to M'sia. Hey BC members, we ought to teach the Chinese team a lesson especially LYB. Middle finger to him!

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..hehe, don't worry, kwun...BC/BF is already "famous" enough with the loads of new members and posts & hits this forum gets every single day..;):) :cool:

#208 ctjcad, Sep 23, 2006
  9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Wow, that's really good. Chris, more recognition is better, right? And how are people to know about BC if the paper doesn't quote the source of their comments especially if it is written comments?

If BC gets more publicity like this, Kwun is going to have to move to a new server:)

10. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Li Yong Bo seems to hate people who share his surname.

I think his attitude is no better than the old rowdy Indonesia fans of the past.

In Table Tennis a coach can be ejected from the stadium from causing a disturbance, I think same in football.

I think Li is really worried about Lee Cw threatening his players

but I think it is really not necessary as his players can perform on their own merit,
    eg. Chen Hong or Lin Dan in thw world champs.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Off topic...

:) ...yeah, true, true...Well, i'm sure BC/BF gets the majority of their new members from words of mouth and people searching in google..and oh my goodness esp. for next yr's Sudirman Cup and World Championships in M'sia...phew, i can already picture loads of M'sian supporters hoarding this forum..I don't know how kwun is going to hold up the server and website if that happens(i mean this yr alone in TC/UC's match between MAS vs. DEN, BC/BF got so many M'sian fans visitors, it crashed the server):eek: ...And esp. if he's going to go to M'sia to attend the WC...oh my!!:rolleyes: :p :) :D

#211 ctjcad, Sep 23, 2006
  12. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

Lucky this year WBC is not held in any part of China

I think LCW and the Malaysia team/fans better do something meaningful not finding excuses to their losses. Although lcw had said that he is not finding the excuses, but the fact is that he is.

I feel it is somewhat lucky that this year WBC is not held in any part of China, or else people (especially Malaysia team/fans) will accuse them of match fixing (including conspiracy involve in linejudges and the judges).

Let see what will happen in next WBC in Malaysia.

13. ccskaki

ccskaki Regular Member

Good point you have there.
    I hope this time the results will make all the other self-delusional critics shut their trap and face the facts. The other countries' players can now go back home and train harder and think harder.

14. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Guys,

Let us not be naive. LYB shouting expletives did affect LCW - psychologists have found that the human mind is not immune to insults/remarks once the mind hears it.

At one point, LCW was leading but then everything just went downhill and I think the shouting by LYB did affect LCW.Sure, you can say he should learn how to deal with it; sure you can say this happens in all sports (including NBA)--- but the fact is he was affected.

Whether IBF does anything about it is another thing -- but if they don't then I think we ought to do something about it, like our coaches can also stoop this low. E.g. we can shout at LD or Bao next time. Do we want to do this ? Bloody oath ! Tit for tat ! This sport gets dirtier --- courtesy of the Chinese coach !

15. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

Selective professional

You sound "professional". But is it "selective professional"? Don't throw in the "professional" term "psychologists" in occasion that seems to justify your claim and ignore another occasion that also need your "professional view".

I never heard you and other people voice up similar "professional view" when Malaysia player hit the shutter, Malaysia fans shouted "ya", and when the other countries player hit the shutter, Malaysia fans shouted "bu".

Is this also another famous "double standard" in practice?

Malaysian better get rid of the those "double standard" practice if we want to progress.

I will never forget that i am also a Malaysian and i do not hope to see my countryman rotting to such extend.

16. hara^kazuko

hara^kazuko Regular Member

You are right! We should follow Li Yong Bo's footsteps and gather all the Malaysian Chinese and start 'talking to ourselves' as loudly as possible... The best time to do it will be in KL next year... Muahahah, Li Yong Bo, u r dead, im coming for a revenge!

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

I am voicing an opinion about something which concerns me and other fans, and backing it up with what the psychologist says about the human mind - that it can be distracted easily.

What double standard can that be ?

18. hara^kazuko

Malaysians just like to see a Malaysian win like usual and who cares about the crowd here? Everything is about players and coaches themsleves.. To make them respectful enough for us not booing at them, they should do something at first... If you are a Malaysian yourself you should know that we didnt start to rot but someone do

I don't boo at players until recently and I wonder why..:rolleyes:

19. chanbc

chanbc Regular Member

In order to prove that you are not double standard, next time, in any competition that held in Malaysia, when we heart "ya" and "bu" from Malaysian badminton fans, please show your "professional view" as well.

Nowadays, in professinal sports, there is lesser and lesser "national pride" and "malaysia boleh equivalent" already. Don't you see nobody mention about what are the nationality of Tiger Woods, Michael Shuey, Jimmy White, Henry, .......etc.

But i can understand you because Malaysian in general is always easily manipulated.

20. hara^kazuko

Actually, I dont remember when is the Malaysian crowd yelling 'boos' to a non-malaysian player, 'ya' s are defintely but the 'boos'? Do you have a strong evidence for this? Because Malaysian crowd is actually quite well-mannered from what I have seen...

Some people yelling the 'boos' doesnt mean all the Malaysians do that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.