Blibli INDONESIA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (03-08 July)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    Well, sometimes I gaze at his biceps and thigh muscles, though. But it makes me looks like a perv. LOL

2. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It does LOL So better learn to look him in the face :p
    Not to mention his abs too :oops:

3. RoarRa

RoarRa Regular Member

Chan/Goh post-match press conference..

Press: What was it like to play in front of full crowd in Istora Senayan ??
    Goh: Horrible! I couldn't even communicate with Peng Soon in midst of match since INA fans were cheering too loud. LOOL

See you again next month in Asiad, baby!! :D:D:D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

melon94 and yuquall like this.
  4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

5. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I Can only say the IndonesiaOpen must be the loudest since LeeChongWei vs LinDan match @ StadiumPerpaduan MalaysiaOpen last year.

The axiata arena is too big so its not that loud and that fullhouse compare to
    last year MalaysiaOpen.

6. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    ws - tty vs. cyf: did anyone really expect cyf to win even after taking game #1? cyf laboring. tty gliding.

wd - didn't watch.

ms - paraphrasing steen: 'viktor's skills aren't good enough to win this match... he is playing against a player that is better than everyone else was (is) when he won the world championships.' the sheer truth of that statement made me laugh. how often in sports can you say the current world champion isn't good enough to beat someone w/out retooling their skill set?

inferior opponents makes you look invincible.
    superior opponents makes you look incompetent.
    in other words, no version of viktor was going to win. lately momota has been steam rolling everyone and that's no surprise to his peers. so why is it shocking to fanboys?

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...kento-momota-桃田賢斗.119789/page-87#post-2597739

axelsen laboring. momota gliding.

xd - didn't watch.

md - didn't watch, but, a bit of trivia i've been waiting to mention at an appropriate time: inoue/kaneko only slap hands when they win a match. never between points. i believe this was decided by them in their junior days. i also think inoue looks like speed racer.

wt 500/750/1000 titles statistical update

indonesia - 8
    japan - 6
    china/denmark/taipei - 4
    hk/malaysia/thailand/usa - 1

Cunning Linguist likes this.
  7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Sure, select your sample size however you want, just dont expect any reliable representation of the data then. Even better would be looking at Ahmad or Zhang vs more physical opposition to see the difference in styles, Ko Sung Hyun being an example. Although he has a positive H2H vs Ahmad/Natsir as well, so maybe not a great example if you want to see tactics overcoming athleticism, but you can certainly see the different styles employed.

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

That record happened during that weird Indian league. But he definitely is amongst the strongest smashers on the circuit. I found his match vs the minions to be a bit disappointing though, not because of anything to do with his smash, but his defence and drive game were really not on point that day.

9. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    A lot of pair from 90's or 2000's didn't slap hands every now and then either, even when they won points. I think it unnecessary to high fiving all the time

10. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    But its better than looking at his face LOL. Yeah, I sat at the side of the court when he changed his jersey when he was having a match in Indonesia Master, and suddenly I felt like a dumb LOL.

11. SpursIndonesia

SpursIndonesia Regular Member

Horizontal stripes on one's shirt actually make people look thicker than they actually are, AFAIK.

12. SpursIndonesia

Agreed, though people can argue actually how much the margin of being a better XD player for Natsir. I personally think it's not that big, but cateris paribus given the same male partner, say you can clone two identical LYDs, LYD/LN couple will beat LYD/ZYL couple perhaps 55 out of 100 attempts.

melon94 and Amlite like this.
  13. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

Indonesia leading WTS500-1000. Lets enjoy it for another week cause Japan&China is sure coming at Thai open.

14. Master

Master Regular Member

There is a correlation in both 2018 INA Open and 2018 Asian Games which use the same venue.

Natsir never won INA Open at Istora... Winning it in Istora surely will have big effect... The curse of Istora has been beaten by Natsir.

15. SpursIndonesia

I think it was mostly because of younger Zhang Nan is much better than younger Ahmad, which was very prone to mental mistakes & break downs. And phyically, though perhaps just as strong, ZN has longer reach & better speed/coverage.

Too bad mentally stronger Ahmad came when Natsir was already very much in decline physically.

stanleyfm and melon94 like this.
  16. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

It just means work till the end. Achieve it until the end what you cant achieve. Keep working hard till everything is achieved.

and who is to say LeeChonggwei cant win WC this year? i just feel he will win it this time. even though WC is not like what it is now compared to the past.

stanleyfm likes this.
  17. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

I feel like Ahmad is much stronger than ZN now. ZN cant even smash anything now and he is 3 years younger. the Jury is out who will be better when they retire.

and its not too bad like you said, they win everything that could have been won :) cant blame 2012OG. To me, they are the best pair, the one that just gets better as they get older just like a glass of wine.

SpursIndonesia likes this.
  18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Not always. Depends on the overall design and the shape. The design was pretty clever by only have big stripes across the front body and they closed it with two black horizontal lines on the side. But maybe he did actually have work on his physical fitness.

Hmm I think Zhang Nan is still the better and stronger player than Ahmad even now. Too bad ZN has much much weaker partner and he has to do double duties. He has to be both the brain and do the running, while Ahmad has Natsir to do most of the play making and just cover whatever Natsir can't cover.

19. Master

Master Regular Member

How about Natsir/Ahmad beat ZN/ZYL in the semifinal of Rio Olympics with straight games?

20. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

and I hope and I am sure Natsir will have better ending than ZYL( that olympic hug) or CP( where JFN just got injured like that).

Actually i hope AG is her last tournament, she can end it with WR1 and AG titles. ( If she gets silver i think its sweeter ending than ZYL ending with ZN). One that will
    bring tears.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.