Blibli INDONESIA Open 2018 : Round of 32-FINAL (03-08 July)

Discussion in '2018 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

The six-day INA Open Super 1000 has been concluded. Only first two finals deliver exciting clashes, the next three are going to straight forward without any twist and turn where the winners are too dominant for their opponent.

Chen Yufei practically gives all out performance in first game, yes she did it to steal opening game. Against Tai Tzu Ying who transforming herself into next level with strong stamina, supreme technical skill, good court coverage, it's an uphill task for 20 years old Chen YF as she falters in next two games. The Chinese involved in gruelling semifinal battle that fatigue arriving and mission impossible to beat formidable player like Tai TY. It's predictable ending that more experienced Fukushima/Hirota top WD podium but her junior teammates Matsumoto/Nagahara present stiff resistance to force rubber games, they're good attacking pair and to be watch out in next tournaments.

Kento Momota once again frustrates Viktor Axelsen, dejavu of Thomas Cup semifinal. World Champion runs out of idea, helpless and can't develop his gameplan instead of being dictated by the Japanese who's faster and better than him at front area. Momota is very confident and know precisely how to beat his much taller opponent. Considering his performance in last three months, no doubt Momota is strongest contender for upcoming Nanjing World Championships.

Home representatives demolish their final hurdle comfortably, Ahmad/Natsir also Gideon/Sukamuljo as well meet unbalanced opponent, easy for them to score victory and satisfy all home fans, two titles for host Indonesia to repeat 2008 achievement, exactly 10 years ago.

Most INA Open participants had been registered to compete THA Open Super 500 while some elite players back home to prepare world meet.

visor likes this.
  2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

You misunderstood my post. I said before that Chan/Goh struggle against that style, a slower, more tactical one to be precise, and that they are comfortable playing fast-paced opponents like Zheng/Huang. I also said that Zheng is a bit one-dimensional and relies too much on speed. Feel free to go back and check, I predicted Chan/Goh having trouble with the Indonesians and their style of play. I also did not comment on Ahmad/Natsir or their weaknesses iirc.
    It was a nice attempt at ridicule, sadly it fell short a bit. Better luck next time ;)

#1302 j4ckie, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  3. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

He was talking about the Chinese XD pair...

4. It'sMeMeMe

It'sMeMeMe Regular Member

so after those 3 lame final matches i decided i wanna have more fun and thought to watch that much debated DuoMads vs Minions match on youtube since i missed the live match due to work....

some thoughts,

whoever gave DuoMads the idea to vary their serves deserves praise... it disrupts minions on many occassions .... wide serve, drive serve , half-drive serve, flick serve .... although it backfired on some occassions it's still good idea

delaying play constantly also good idea to take away some of minions' speed (umpire should have noticed this and warn more)

kolding continues to be weak point (practice some reflex excercise perhaps and also maybe lower string tension perhaps maybe it helps to reduce mishits - kolding doesn't have super-strong smashes anyway)

that smash to the head thing i'm certain it's unintentional ... i believe kevin was just trying to smash it to the same place/area.... definitely not targeting anyone's head considering it's more of a reflex smash

umpire warning marcus about throwing racket thing is quite stupid

now about that racket hitting shuttle thing... even at 0.25 speed i still couldn't see clearly .... however judging from the reactions of players i actually believe both versions of story... i believe racket did touch the shuttle slightly... i also believe conrad didn't know his racket touched the shuttle...... it happens .... i also believe the yellow card for kevin should have come sooner.... the umpire should just explain to kevin that he didn't see it happens and just ask to move on continue play... i believe that very very long protest deserves more than a single yellow card ,,, and kevin should really just play on ... it's like service judge when calling a fault dude ... once it's done there's nothing you can do except play on.... and they were leading anyway why bother...jeez so over-dramatic...

anyway that match would have been a fitting finale to the tournament rather than the silly one we had .... move on ppl time to go to the next tournament

visor likes this.
  5. Woman.in.Red

Woman.in.Red Regular Member

Enjoying life
    IMG_20180708_210641.jpg

I envy Inoue's eyebrows :D

Credit: Inoue's Twitter

6. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Japanese guys have their eyebrows done in hair saloon. Some saloons offer a package deal to do both hair and eyebrows.

7. It'sMeMeMe

Inoue goes to saloon to trim those eyebrows??? coz those doesn't look natural to me LOL

8. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I also feel sometimes he takes more risks than he should (or would like to) because he feels pressure to be decisive, and end rallies before LC can be targeted. With FHF he could just play whatever he felt was best, since there were no clear weaknesses in FHF's game by the end of his career, he could defend and cover the front SO much better than in his physical prime.
    Of course I can't be sure of it, but it certainly happens to me when playing with weaker partners, you start trying to pull most of the game to you, and sometimes you'll end up taking too big a risk or just put yourself under too much pressure defensively.

visor likes this.
  9. It'sMeMeMe

oh nvm ... i guessed right then HAHAHAH

10. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    Better than having them tattooed like Zhang Nan's :D

11. It'sMeMeMe

it's actually one of the many reasons i'm still single at close to 40..... most girls here have their eyebrows tattooed ..... making them more ugly than not

oh well at least the pretty girls ones ahhahaha

Woman.in.Red likes this.
  12. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Exactly, and ZN has to do it all the time with both partners. It should be too much for a player to handle no matter how skillful or strong he is. It drains both physical and mental energy out very quickly. That's why I think his performance in MD is declining lately. He did well in TC when he didn't have to think about the other partnership (excluded the match against Kevin/Marcus). Though not dominating scoreline but they won most of their matches without any trouble in terms of intensity.

13. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Well, it is a different case with Zhang Nan. He had too little eyebrows to begin with so he added it.

14. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

Who ask you to look for the pretty ones hahaha go for the natural ones

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Kolding holds the current world record for the fastest smash, afaik, and most of his defensive errors arent mishits that could be corrected by a lower tension, he should have a higher racket position I think. Often has to pull it up too far to manage, and hits the frame as a result, or a weak shot. His defence definitely was a weak spot though, you're absolutely right.
    I agree with all of your points, with the exception of delay tactics being employed. I thought Mads Conrad just took great care to talk to Kolding about the next rally after almost every point.
    I really dont get why the umpire warned Marcus about the racket throwing, given how he caught it. It's not racket abuse or misconduct in my eyes, so I was really baffled by that too.

visor likes this.
  16. Woman.in.Red

Enjoying life
    I have the same problem with Zhang Nan's, but I'm not interested to have tattooed eyebrows. I prefer manually make them with brow pencil/powder. Man with tattooed eyebrows is weird LOL.

17. Origin

Origin New Member

It is still a great idea to use it against Ahmad/Natsir tho, please give it a try ;)

Don't forget GLY is also one of the best front court players today. Many points they got in the yesterday match was the result of her ability to read the game and she's faster than Natsir for sure. Zheng/Huang tried to play well-placed slow shots too, but it seems GLY were always stand in the right position and time yesterday.

18. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

It was the minions if I am not mistaken :D

19. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

You can't expect ZN to draw it every morning can you? :D:D:D:D
    I think it is a thing with Chinese beliefs that guys will have better 'fortune' with thicker and longer eyebrows.

20. yuquall

yuquall Regular Member

GLY didn't do much in front of the court today. No shuttle went to her way unfortunately. What's the point of being the best front court players if you couldn't play at the front?

Cheung and Michael V like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.