Banner Design

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by GunBlade008, Jan 27, 2006.

1. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

the new banner is nice. at least is has representative from every countries. fair to everyone and everyone is happy.

2. drifterXL

drifterXL Regular Member

yay new banner :p very nice!

3. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

The new BadmintonCentral Pic sux

The world number one relegated to the farthest background. 3 insignificant bland shuttles elevated to extraordinary and unjustifiable prominance.

Would the designer of this pic explain himself ? May I suggest extra evening graphic design classes for him ?

4. teabag

teabag Regular Member

i write.
    huh where is the pic?

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i suggest CoolDoo6 make a new one for us. i will be happy to put it up if it is as nice as GunBlade's creation.

6. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    NOTE to all:

for future banner designs, please reduce the height of the design to 65pixels high. i want to reduce the amount of screen area spend on the header graphics which will allow more content to be shown...

also, for the real guru, think about whether you can make a full width header, grab the "BadmintonCentral.com" title graphics and try to blend that with some background design. the BadmintonCentral.com title must still stand out though.

the best title design is the one that captures the spirit of BC well.

7. GunBlade008

GunBlade008 Regular Member

Student, Retail.
    In regards to CD6, I'd like to tell you hold your insults to yourself please :) I think many people on this forum has had enough of you, but yet you continue with your idiotic ramblings and try in a futile attempt to hand out the insults and hate that you've accumalated since being on this forum. :D

If you don't like it, I'm sure many others on this forum do, especially kwun since it was his idea that sparked the banner design. Not only that, why should I make it so that the players are of greater size due to their ranking points? I don't have to explain myself to the likes of you, the ones that sit behind the computer screen, dishing out insults and false arguments that can't be proven true. I don't need graphic design lessons but I think perhaps your mother and father that should've given you a lesson in manners.

Case in point, I'd like to see you make a banner, instead of running your mouth behind a computer screen. Those who can't do, critic, and that's all that you are capable of doing, my friend. I do this of my own free will with no pay and I do it for the Badminton Central forum community. It is my way of thanking kwun for making this community, and thanking the community itself for providing all of us with helpful insights into the sport we love so much.

CoolDoo6, If you'd like to settle this privately and perhaps try to give me opinions, then let's...but of course, we all know how desperate you are for attention so I will be expecting a post in this thread instead haha. However, I shall keep my PM inbox open for you where you are free to criticize my works, but not to your pathetic insults that represent your own self-worth. :D

To other members: Sorry, I've had quite a bad day today and his insulting and demeaning post set me off. Please ignore this post and have a nice day. :)

8. teabag

teabag Regular Member

i write.
    take a chill pill

I think the way it was designed with the shuttles' significance to remind people that its not always about the starrrsss and about the game itself anyway. And the world number 1 has enough publicity already anyway ;P

I think its a great design :) Maybe the only-male-players issue is worth considering. Hmmm maybe can do two banners one showcasing the male stars from singles and doubles and the other showcasing the female stars from singles and doubles too. And then make it into a flash sort of banner picture that changes every 20 seconds or something.. But u will need the MX flash program to do that though!

Good job :)

9. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Darn, you just encourage CD6 to reply :D :D :D. Uh oh, more COGless postings . . .

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    no flash banners please... i cannot stand things that keeps on changing in the background.

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You captured the essence of Asian culture.

12. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

For all those who put in hard work for our breat BFBF and ask nothing in return.

THANK YOU!!!

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

No big deal...

Hmm, just my 2 cents:
    I think there could be a bit of misunderstanding here...
    - Re CoolDoo6 comments, i can understand he's probably thinking about the overall graphic "balance" of the pic. Not necessarily whether world #1 or world #10 is of different sizes. Re the shuttles as the main centerpiece, i personally, am fine with it. However, maybe it's the tone of his post which has caused GunBlade008 to feel a bit slighted.:p
    - Re GunBlade008's comments, i understand and appreciate your effort. I love the design! But at the same time, I think CoolDoo6's comment should't be taken too seriously. In a way, we just have to try to keep an open mind. Yes, it might sound "offensive" but let's try not to take it too "personally"..;)
    - About kwun's idea of having CoolDoo6 designing his own design, that's not a bad idea either. What do you think, CoolDoo6??..;)
    Perhaps CoolDoo6's comments are probably the result of a lack of designs, with only GunBlade008 giving the extra effort. Literally being the only one who's stepped up. But then, this new banner design has actually been sitting here for some time, prior to its installment, and available for some comments/critiques.
    ..tis a wonderful idea, teabag!:cool: I'm up for it, but how about kwun??...;) :cool:

#53 ctjcad, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  14. teabag

teabag Regular Member

i write.
    ctjcad>> i think its prolly because CD6 has had a bad history of hurling not so nice comments, thats why. maybe he's just blunt by nature.

ha ha, sorrz to kwun! Eh maybe a rollover or some sort if not flash?! not that i'm a feminist or anything! but i'm sure if its a tennis banner, if there are 4 stars, we'll see roger federer, nadal, serena williams and maria sharapova..heh. but i think for badminton, they are too many hotshots to choose from perhaps. and 4 players from different countries is also fair, this one.

oh gunblade, the colour scheme on the banner is very lovely! brightens up the site! :)

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..then in that case, we have to try to "unblunt" his nature..;):cool:
    ..yes, i second that!..:cool::)

16. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I agree the banner is great, and as GunBlade said, he's not doing it for pay or anything, he's making a voluntary contribution to a great community :).

Hmm, I kind of see what CoolDoo is getting at with the sizes and balance of the image, but I don't think it's really much of an issue. I think it's also probably a stretch too far to call the shuttles "insignificant". They definitely serve a purpose and spice up the image. The colours used in the image also fit reasonably well with the rest of the site. It's all well and good to criticize (constructively) but it looks like most people agree that it could have been done in a less personal manner.

#56 phaarix, May 11, 2007
    Last edited: May 11, 2007
  17. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

Well, I like the current banner.

The shuttlecock is the most distinctive symbol of badminton. It should be the most prominent graphic element, because it immediately forms an association: "this place is about badminton".

The players could be anyone, unless you're a fan. Lin Dan is nowhere near as recognisable as a shuttlecock.

18. red00ecstrat

red00ecstrat Regular Member

(Full Time) Coolie. (Part Time) Photojournalist.
    Yes, I agree with you. But do u guys think those shuttles are a bit to big?

#58 red00ecstrat, May 12, 2007
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  19. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

kwun do you have a Photoshop file, or a transparent image of the Badminton Central logo?

20. CoolDoo6

CoolDoo6 Regular Member

To place the champion of the sport at the back of the queue looking a bit noobish says one thing: that the best ambassador of this sport is irrelevant, therefore the sport is irrelevant.

As for the shuttlecocks that have no distinct form, the casual web visitors will not see shuttlecocks. But instead, they will see a blob of something. To me, this turned BC into a shuttlecock shop. Well, ok, I am sold. How much a dozen ?