Badminton in Atlanta

Discussion in 'USA East' started by 5string, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Jaideep Bhagwan

Jaideep Bhagwan New Member

Iam looking too

Wassup? Iam looking for a place too do you know any yet? Apart from the Permieter Chrurch. I want to learn how to play badtminto not jus play for the heck of it. So if you know any pls email me at jaideepsagar@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Jay

2. OTFK

OTFK Regular Member

engineer
    savannah georgia

Sorry about interrupting.

Does anyone know a contact or a place to play in Savannah GA. I will be in town for business at the end of Sept and was wondering whether anyone in Atlanta knows what is happening in Savannah?

Thanks for the help.

3. airathanas

airathanas Regular Member

grad student
    New club

Greetings! I have just started a badminton club at Georgia Southern in Statesboro. We are looking for members and players, so please come by and join us! We meet on Thursdays from 8-10pm in the Hanner Complex in the Old Gym. If you need directions/more information, please let me know!

4. trnelson

trnelson New Member

Cobb County - Marietta/North Atlanta

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the site and these forums. I haven't played badminton for about 6 or so years, but it was really the only sport I enjoyed and did alright at. I would love to play, but it seems nearly impossible to find a place to play here.

I was just wondering if there have been any new clubs that have opened, or if anyone is collecting names of people that would be interested in playing in the north Atlanta / Marietta area. If so, you can consider myself interested. =)

Please let me know. I'm by no means a pro, but I did play a few nights a week for a couple of years, so I'm not really a beginner either (though probably a bit rusty).

Thanks!

5. MChristine

MChristine Regular Member

Good News for those of us in Atlanta

I may have found a place for us to play. I contacted the gym coordinator at Chastain Park this week and she replied right away that she was "excited" about starting a club at some place called Peachtree Hills Gym (I'm not even sure where it is). She is going to look at her schedule to see what times she has available and she has asked me whether weekends or weekday nights were better for us.

I am hoping that those of you will join me in starting this new club. If you are interested, let me know, and let me know what day(s) work for you. We will do our best to coordinate.

Hopefully everything will work out and we'll have a new place to play.

Chris

6. trnelson

trnelson New Member

Woo!

Thanks Chris. I would be able to make it out probably one or two nights a week. Weeknights are probably best for me, though likely not on Fridays if possible (that's my "kick back and stare at the wall after a long week" night).

Please keep us updated on where and when, hopefully we'll be able to organize enough players to make it happen.

Also, I'm not sure where Peachtree Hills Gym is, but if you happen to learn about where, please let us know.

Thanks! :D

(oh yeah, now I have to get a racquet, mine's in Canada!)

7. Huddersfield

Huddersfield New Member

I would really be interested in playing. I live up in Cobb myself and that drive down to Decatur was getting really difficult to do.
    If you need a hand in trying to get this organized I can offer some time.

Just let me know.
    NigelESellman@yahoo.com
    Where is thus guy again?
    Anyone know where to get the nets/posts from?

8. subu_g

subu_g New Member

Interested in Play | Cobb Area

I live in Atlanta | Cobb Area and am interested in playing if a club is being formed.

9. trnelson

trnelson New Member

Sooo...

Any update on this? Just curious :D

Hopefully we can get something set up.

10. p_manishankar

p_manishankar New Member

New to Atlanta

Hi,

I am new to Atlanta and I have recently moved from Singapore. I used to play a lot of Badminton in Singapore. I am looking out to start playing badminton in Atlanta vicinity. I am currently staying in a hotel in N. Druid Hills area and planning to move out to a place convenient to play Badminton as well as to go to work place (Coca-cola plaza). If you could help me to find out a place to start playing Badminton I will appreciate your help.

Regards:)

11. nelsonloh

nelsonloh New Member

I found a Peachtree Hills Gym at this address 308 Peachtree Hills Ave, Atlanta GA 30305- It is apparently near the Lindbergh Marta station (according to Google) . I couldn't find a website for the gym though.

Nelson.

12. MChristine

MChristine Regular Member

The latest news

Hi Nelson,
    You are right about the location of the gym, it is near the Lindbergh Marta station. It is a small gym with no website. Imran (who posts here) and I met with the gym coordinator and checked it out about a week and a half ago. The woman we spoke with was extremely accomodating. She is in the process of getting it ready for us, having the lines taped for the courts, buying nets etc.. I expect to hear from her any day now and we'll be ready to go.

Like I said, the gym is small, we think there's only room for 2 courts, but they are willing to give us Thursday nights to start and eventually Tuesday nights too.

More to follow....
    Chris:)

13. zheyang1977

zheyang1977 New Member

Please count me in. I am also in atlanta area (zip 30341). :p

14. badlov

badlov New Member

I want to join

Hi chris,
    I would like to join the club,please add me to the list.I waiting to play for long time in Atlanta.
    Thx!
    badlov

15. subu_g

subu_g New Member

Club, Schedule?

Curious to know if there is an update regarding the club
    Thanks,
    Subu

16. mismo42

mismo42 New Member

I'm a student at KSU and just getting into badmnton with my buddy. I'd love to get a club together. If any of you guys from KSU is serious I know some people in the recreation department. If there were a couple of us I'm sure we can get something started.

17. frostlich

frostlich New Member

Looking for a place to play in the Peachtree City/Fayette County area...thanks.

18. vgacutan

vgacutan New Member

where to play in Atlanta

W
    >>>>
    You can check Perimeter Badminton Club located in Medlock. Since many of us are interested in playing badminton, how about we form a group, let say a badminton club, we can find a gym to set up the equipment.

19. tikpaklong

tikpaklong Regular Member

Peachtree Park Drive NE, Atlanta, GA 30309
    desperately looking for a badminton place to play in Atlanta

Hello everyone, my wife and I live in Atlanta, GA (midtown) and are looking for a place or court to play badminton (beginner-intermediate). I have heard that there is a club located in Medlock Bridge / Perimeter, but you have to be a member. I have also heard that there is a place at Georgia Tech but you have to be a guest of a student. We do not have any memberships and do not know anyone who could give us access, but we would appreciate any information on where to play or apply. Our email is tikpaklong@yahoo.com. Thanks!

20. Mpaturi

Mpaturi New Member

Hi,
    Is anyone interested in playing badminton in Woodstock area.
    We can talk to one of the churches and start from there.
    Please reply to mpaturi1@gsu.edu, if you are interested.
    mpaturi