Anders Antonsen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by Petersen, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Anders Antonsen Born April 1997
    Height 183 cm
    From Aarhus/Denmark
    According to BWF web he has been PRO since 2004 :)

Aventus and s_mair like this.
  2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

There hasn't been a thread for him yet? Then it was about damn time to start one! Especially if he's gone pro at the age of 7 already.

My bet is on him reaching the Top 10 within the next 12 months. Danish future in MS is looking bright - JOJ will face a tough challenge to fight his way back to the top when he's done with his current injury.

3. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Nope couldn't find any threads on him,, even after all those years as a pro !
    JOJ yes, and we could include VA too.
    He isn't an introvert type, so it will be interesting to follow future matches when pressure and spotlight increases to new heights

AA statement to JP news 2016

I probably only live once, so I'm just trying to make things fun and interesting. The statement comes from the new giant talent 19-year-old Anders Antonsen who will go all-in at the badminton career and let education be education. Even though it means that he doesn't have "something to fall back on"

Much more will come >

Cheung likes this.
  4. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
    For me Anders Antonsen is the most talented European player I've seen. Really good skills and quick movement.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Aventus likes this.
  5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Too arrogant. Won't support.

Sundis likes this.
  6. Abu Tanki

Abu Tanki Regular Member

Student
    Haha he does have a bit of a swagger about him. But it might just be confidence.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  7. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    He is not bad, I think he will ruin Jorgensen´s remaining career by stealing the Tokyo spot from him.

Saru likes this.
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Always different personalities in sport. Keeps things interesting.

9. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

I probably only live once, so I'm just trying to make things fun and interesting. The statement comes from the new giant talent 19-year-old Anders Antonsen who will go all-in at the badminton career and let education be education. Even though it means that he doesn't have "something to fall back on"

He should might reconsider the last statement >>>> or fast as possible teach himself to put the okok-smile on his face, when not everything going in his direction,, after second service fault he literally imploded and start to glow up with a miserable behaviour and from there,, self destruction mode and done deal,, and plain stupid..
    I suggest next move from Team Denmark should be to try harder to figure out how they can loosen up for those young players repressed anger, because
    it's a problem for Example AA -VA ,, as I see both have limited mental tools to handle or control temper or turn the temper to a positive surplus with a better outcome...
    He is of course still young and untested in a larger context as SS but with the speed the players move up/down and around at the moment, time is to short to fiddle around with anger probs...so get it sorted out OR end up as pray for the big canons who exactly know,, where and when they shall pull on the trigger... The Master Class

And just a little hint from an old friend a Pro Ice-hockey player,, don't promenade around on court whining NEVER, unless it's by selfish masochistic reasons,, Why Because in next second you will be wrapped very hard into a sandwich with at least one extra knock to keep it all nicely packed
    Guess that advise can be used in other sports

On other hand I find it difficult not to like AA ... he reminds me about a certain other old boy for around 30 years ago ¤%)(/=)/&¤"Q before he went ZEN :)

#9 Petersen, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    visor, thibier, Cheung and 1 other person like this.
  10. Master

Master Regular Member

His press conference statement after the semifinal's match

11. Petersen

Petersen Regular Member

Mood changes or mood disorders time will tell...can't recall I have seen that kinda proactive anger in a SF-SS before,
    Perhaps Team Danmark should gift him with a course in laughter-yoga or maybe a tickle-therapist :) :) just something there can make this young man loosen up and respond positive in this challenging SS battles.

Win or lose with good manners
    His behaviour towards the service judge wasn't OK, and seconds later, he was strolling around like a Prima-Donna with the shuttle, that shuttle should be returned immediately to KN for next service,, odd situation, where he respond like a spoiled kid who lost the soother, and all this in a live event.
    He could or should, have shown a friendly gesture for the judges and KN before 2 game started>and at least shown he isn't to this extent immature by simply recognizing he went to far.

I feel that AA want badminton to Geeky extremes, and hope he will sort out the right solutions for himself due I don't expect that a mental coach or Team Danmark can create overnight miracles or easy fix's on AA's outgoing temper issues and nor neither Andreas Vollenweider's electronic harp music will do the trick.
    AA is going to think outside the box if he want to obtain a SS final in nearest future

12. samkool

samkool Regular Member

too pre-occupied to work
    ...or just grow up faster. there's a difference between anger and immaturity.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    maybe it comes a bit from the Camilla Martin era. She used to use the anger treatment.

Partly the anger is due to him setting high standards. Another old guy has the same issues causing frustration at oneself.

14. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

Looks like Anders Atonsen has been improving throughout the year. He pushed Chen Long to a hard 3 sets today at the HK open. He is young too, only 20 years old, and with his push to the semi-finals at the HK Open, his ranking should go up even further from his current world ranking of 13.

If Jan O'Jorgensen comes back, Antonsen will have the current World Champion (Viktor) and a former world no 2 in Jorgensen to train with. If Antonsen keeps improving, I can see him joining the group of young elites such as Viktor, Srikanth, and Momota.

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

His development during this season is remarkable. He gets closer and closer to beating the big guns with every chance he gets. My money is on him winning at least one SS (or whatever they are called then) in 2018. The Danish MS team will be a scary pack the next years, that's for sure.

galaxyduo likes this.
  16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Indeed, Denmark's MS Team is a force to be reckoned with, what with Viktor Axelsen, Jan O Jorgensen, Anders Antonsen, Rasmus Gemke, Emil Holst and, who knows, a couple others on the horizon.

17. Sundis

Sundis Regular Member

Watching and playing badminton
    Played well vs Momota in the WC, looks promising

18. galaxyduo

galaxyduo Regular Member

He finally did it today. You could see it coming. Antonsen was in the zone today. And even better, Antonsen stayed strong mentally against Momota today.

The best part about Antonsen's win today was that he did it without a coach. There was nobody to give Antonsen advice on what he was doing wrong, or how Momota was taking advantage of him. Antonsen figured it out himself in today's match without a coach.

As for Viktor, Viktor has some mental block against Momota. That 2nd set where Viktor only got 4 points against Momota was very ugly yesterday. Viktor needs to learn from Antonsen how to beat Momota. This is so weird that I am saying Viktor, who is a WC already, and has won multiple SS, and was ranked #1 in the world before, has to learn from his younger teammate how to be more mentally strong against Momota.

Anyways, Antonsen is only 21 years old. Let's see if he can maintain this level of play this year. If Antonsen can maintain this level of play, or improve on it, he will be a force to be reckoned with. This is good for Denmark in that they have two strong MS players, even with Jan O' Jorgensen struggling.

wade, Justin L and s_mair like this.
  19. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

U n b e l i e v a b l e!

I mean, I knew that he had what it takes, but I would have lost everything I own if I had to make a bet on today's match.

I still have to watch the match myself, but no matter what happened on court - my full respect goes to Anders for fighting through all that bickering and noise that's currently going on in the Danish team. And doing this without actual coaches present? That's even more impressive and should be more food for thought for BWF to reduce the amount of coaching during matches.

Anyways, congrats to Anders for reaching that important milestone today. And in parallel, I hope this also gives Viktor another serious kick in the butt to get his mind back on the actual badminton court and step up his game once more. The way he got slaughtered by Momota yesterday was a humiliation, hands down.

#19 s_mair, Jan 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    Justin L and galaxyduo like this.
  20. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    But what happened to the coaches they are no way to be seen?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk