All England 2010 Quarter Final - Friday, March 12th

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by aulia, Mar 11, 2010.

1. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Maybe because whats they're doing is legal?? Why don't you ask the service judge. :confused:

Big difference with someone sitting in the chair helping the hometown pair by just turning blind. :p

2. narnia

narnia Regular Member

You are so indulged into your own logic. Look around yourself.

:)

3. narnia

narnia Regular Member

You should see the video. Then you will understand why the other guy wrote like that.

4. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Errr, you dare to argue how pathetic the quality of line judge has been in Korea and how much they're tilted to help any korean?
    Because that's my underlying logic, in case you have problem understanding english. :p

5. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Hey friend, I can understand why you are so into it. Good luck!

6. badadum

badadum Regular Member

I seriously doubt it considering most of your argument has either been off-based or just a misdirection to something else alltogether.
    Good luck dude, hope you improve your communication skills. :)

7. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

SUetyan is true blue China fan. She normally reads chinese language media. So, she read could very well be different from the one you read.

Yup, top 4 MD, left 1 only. It's either the OG Gold,Denmark uncles, top 5 pair or China 2nd MD ;);)

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Seriously, there's no point arguing with someone who classify the Korea International Challenge is one of the BIG INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT of BWF Calender :eek:

Too bad, the DOMINATING Lee Yong Dae is "injured" again. Best of luck to his recovery ;)

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

oh goodness graciouos....arguing between badadum and narnia over the most dominating MD pair??..not again?!?!..

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I can only add that any world-dominating player/pair will still succumb to injury problems.

Rafa Nadal is one very classic example and look at how his form has dipped to a new low this year.

If Markis Kido can add the elusive All-England title to his collection this year, plus maybe the Asian Games Individual Event Gold, he can well retire at the end of this year since his condition is not exactly 100% fit since end of 2008 :eek:

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

I thought..

..he can't retire since he and his pardner in crime, Mr. Setiawan just signed a 3 year deal with Mr. Arbi's company???..so win, lose or draw, Mr. Kido would still need to drag his behind and keep on playing..I'm sure Mr. Arbi won't allow him to sit around the house, should Mr. Kido win the AE and AG titles, for the next 3 yrs and collect all the money, would he??..

12. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant

My call for BCL to beat LD was correct.
    BCL played very well at the German Open and he carried this form over to the All-England.
    But whether BCL can sustain this form for the next 2 matches is questionable as it is not easy for a player to sustain the good form for 10 matches in 2 consecutive weeks.
    LD has lost a bit of his confidence since losing to an unknown Korean player in the East Asian Games late last year (2009). Also he has been doing a lot of advertising shoots and maybe he has trained less. LD’s regular coach, Mr. Tang ( The Thing) has also been on home leave and LD may just feel slightly ‘lost’.
    I also agree with the comments that the Chinese players have played all out at the All-England, to beat each other.
    I hope they continue to do so. Jia yu. :D:D:D:):):)

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Well, I didn't exactly read the terms of their new contract with FlyPower. I assume it's only for 1 year ;)

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Team INA's performance

It was more or less according to our expectation.

First off, Taufik Hidayat was involved in a great tussle that lasted more than 80 mins against arch-rival Peter Gade. The score was phenomenal....easily the Match Of The Tournament...22-20, 20-22, 20-22.

Next, Greysia Polii/Meiliana Jauhari should have beaten Pan Pan/Tian Qing in straight-sets, only to lose in 3-sets: 23-25, 21-17, 17-21 in the longest match of the QF. It's definitely a first positive step by Grace/Mel against any Chinese pair and surely Ko Aryono will retain this partnership even after the Uber-Cup!

As for the winners, Nova Widianto/Liliyana Natsir progress to yet another AE SF after a straight-set victory over Nathan Robertson/Jenny Wallwork. If they can beat Lee Yong Dae/Lee Hyo Jung in the SF, the chance of a first AE title looks good.

Ditto for Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan in reaching their first-ever AE SF. They are the highest-seed left in the draw. And I hope they can win it this year! But first, they need to beat the veteran DEN pair who's in extremely good form this week Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen.

16. mafan

mafan Regular Member

CCO of BAM (Chief Critic Officer) :)

17. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Woah! saw the livescores and some of the results really surprised me particularly in MS!

LD losing to BCL... then Kenichi wins Chen Jin!
    The Korean player that played against LCW seemed to have played very well especially for a relatively newcomer.
    The most intense was Peter against Taufik with all 3 sets decided in deuces! 20-22 22-20 20-22? Hectic stuff!
    In fact, alot of the MS games in the quarters hit 3 sets!!! Wish i could watch these matches right now. D:

18. spchu

spchu Regular Member

any idea why tan bin shen and Gan teik chai kept serving high for a men doubles match?

19. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    in the post game interview, PG said that was his best match ever.

20. pauline

pauline Regular Member

students
    wow,must be super exciting AE MS quaterfinals, esp. PG vs TH...gonna find the vid...
    and yes, BCL is playing well lately!