All England 2010 Quarter Final - Friday, March 12th

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by aulia, Mar 11, 2010.

1. aulia

aulia Regular Member

student
    What a quarterfinal!!!!!

All the best for Nova/Liliyana and Kido/Setiawan for semifinal!!!!

I spent this entire morning to read this forum, wow... thanks very much for all posts during the matches...

Semangat! :D

2. badMania

badMania Regular Member

It will be impossible for Kido's knees to be fully recovered :eek:

But this year, it definitely represents Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan's best chance they will have in terms of winning the AE title! With no Fu Haifeng/Cai Yun, Jung Jae Sung/Lee Yong Dae, or Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong in their path to the title! But the tricky part is, they need to beat Lars Paaske/Jonas Rasmussen and either Guo Zhendong/Xu Chen or Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen if they are to win the elusive one this year!

They are more convincing in the QF against Choong/Lee as compared to the earlier rounds against the two Japanese pairs. So, hopefully, they will not let this chance slip away.

3. Siegfried_Li

Siegfried_Li Regular Member

Science
    I saw Mogensen and Robertson almost fighting last year. Robertson refused the handshake after the match. :)

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

All set for the Semifinals..

- Several great matches & surprises on QF Day..I would think the SF would be as fun..
    - Match of the day must be the TH vs. PG match. The ending, looking at Taufik's expression, definitely shows how emotionally charged the match was..
    - LD's loss must be a bit of a surprise (and disappointment for his many fans who were expecting him to be the MS in this 100th AE edition)..for others, maybe not a surprise..:p
    - Kenichi Tago continues his remarkable run setting up an interesting showdown with BCL in the Semis..
    - WYH survived Zhou Mi's gallant effort in the 3rd game..
    - Boe & Mogensen ended Cai Yun & FHF's MD title defense..
    ..his sentences:
    "Do you want the AE title this yr? Let's get it done".
    ..TH definitely didn't look happy after the last pt..
    ..he better grab this yr's AE. He won't get any better chance than this yr..:cool:
    ..mind showing your full prediction??..:confused:
    :p..they could play and win with almost all racket brand lah..just so happen they are using Flypower..
    ..wow, that's certainly Cai Yun..must be very2 upset..
    ..do you know LYD has been hampered with an injury ever since this yr's Korea Open??..

#1584 ctjcad, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  5. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Just research for him if you want to know more. Their performance are still super with beating CY/FHF this year of 2010. If you saw the match, you should have seen the bunch of tapings around the arm of LYD.

:)

#1585 narnia, Mar 12, 2010
  6. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    That's why...They simply spoil the true greatness of MD games,but in the same time,add some more colours in the MD world.

7. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Playing in their home turf, any Korean player power rating got boosted by 1000000pts (courtesy of completely blind line judges, service judge, you name it) :p

8. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yeah, so LYD/JJS could beat MK/HS twice in their home soil of Indonesia in 2008: INA Super Series and Thomas Cup.

And how could LYD/JJS manage to win China Super Series twice??? in 2008 and 2009 in a row.

9. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    @ctjcad..

Not really i guess.Especially if for the first time participating in a tournament,this case,AE,n never used it before in the real games against the other international players..is not easy at all.Remember that they only started to sign the contract not more than 2 months ago.They did say that they're not used to this racket yet,but will get used to it slowly.N now,they're in AE semi final already. If Kindra won AE title,it'll really means big for both KINDRA and Flypower.Their bonus could enable them to buy a house already i guess.LOL.

10. badadum

badadum Regular Member

Hey, if INA line judges wants to stoop to the low level of your Korean siblings, your LYD/JJS will not stand a chance :p

I guess the chinese still honors the spirit of fair play better than the koreans :p
    CY/FHF doesn't have problem beating LYD/JJS in Sudirman Cup 09 in china don't they? :)

#1590 badadum, Mar 12, 2010
  11. mafan

mafan Regular Member

CCO of BAM (Chief Critic Officer) :)
    AE 2010 is as important as TC, WC for LD

Someone (Suetyan) posted that LD had said that the AE 2010 was not as important as the Thomas Cup. That is not accurate, unless you were reading a different article from the one I read. I am referring to the article in the Star online dated March 4, 2010 where LD was quoted as saying, "The All-England this year will not be more special than the previous ones. There are many more major tournaments this year, including the Thomas Cup, World Championships and Asian Games, and the All-England is just part of our plan".

This means that despite it being the 100th AE, it is not any more special than the previous ones that he participated in and won, or did not win. Obviously, LD gave this year's AE as much priority as he gave this tournament in the past. No more, no less. The AE is just one of the several other major tournaments (i.e. TC, WC, AG) that the Chinese team is concentrating on.

LD did not come to AE to make a half-hearted effort to clinch a fifth AE title. He came to win. He skipped the first 2 SS tournaments to prepare. He was ready. Unfortunately for him, his compatriot BCL was more ready and I believe, more hungry for the title. BCL is in top form. He annihilated PSH. I did not see the match, but the scoreline seems to indicate that PSH was humiliated in that defeat.

If LCW makes it to the final and his opponent is BCL, I think it could be even more dangerous than if LD had made the final. A top-form and hungry BCL could prove to be more formidable than LD. If LCW indeed meets BCL in the final, I just hope he will be hungrier than BCL and does not suffer a loss in form. I am very concerned though, that LCW had some difficulty with the Korean Shon in the QF match. Even in the rubber set, Shon made a comeback late in the game before LCW pulled away again for good.

I am still hoping that LCW will finally win one this year.

12. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant

Uncle PG and TH are great fighters and they gave their all in the 3 games of exact scores of 20-22, 22-20 & 22-20.
    The fans/spectators got their money's worth.
    Uncle PG is 32 years and has been ranked in the top-8 bracket for over 10 years and I really have to salute him.
    TH has been more consistent since he turned independent and he has been practising hard. His suspect is his staying power especially in 3 games' matches.
    Well done to both Uncle PG and TH. :D:D:D:):):)

13. narnia

narnia Regular Member

I also know the bad things from korean line judges, but it's not all about. You need to check the champions of Korea SS in history - are they all Koreans???

I don't need to mention about the weird chinese judge selections.

14. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Oh wow... what an absolutely super quarter finals! Soooo wish I was there :(. Bao Chunlai looked really on form in the short YouTube clip. Perfect angles. Also good to see Taufik's expression :). Not because I wanted him to lose (didn't have a favourite for the match), but because it shows he still really cares! Hopefully not just for the All England though...

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..what do you mean??..
    LYD, Zhao Yun Lei and Yu Yang played 2 events in the QF Rd..The latter are still alive going into the Semis..
    ..convincing?? Kido hopping on one leg or not, i thought your badminton Doubles heroes had beaten the MAS uncles many times before??..:confused::cool:
    ..the way i see it, they are pros thus they should be able to adapt to any rackets very2 quickly. It ain't really matter what racket brand you hand them. Not like you, me and many of us social or amateur wannabe players who need several days or even weeks or months to adapt..:cool:
    ..okay, okay, narnia. We understand.:p:cool:
    Don't need to show more excuses for your super Doubles pair lah. Hope they'll just get plenty of rest so i can see them in full force in May during the Thomas Cup..I don't want to see LYD arriving and playing with one arm in a sling..:cool:
    ..the way i see it, both TH and PG are even steven. Either one could've won the QF match. Just look at the scoreboard. Today, Taufik even led in game 2 and game 3, after the 11 pt break pt, but Peter just had a better finishing & got the better of Taufik in the end.

#1595 ctjcad, Mar 12, 2010
  16. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

I agree with you dude. LD absolutely wants the title but he is smart enuf not giving himself any pressure.

BCL is in superb form and I really think LCW is not as good as him at this very moment. Will be an exciting game to watch no matter what.

Why I dont like to watch double games as much as before? anybody can explain?

17. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Wow, just realise so many up-sets today....huh LYD/JJS, CY/FHF, LD, CJ.....

18. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Please read the following written by another badminton fan:
    (why didn't Koreans stop that in their homeland??)

19. chlsy8

chlsy8 Regular Member

to add one point, even LD in 2008 olympics didn't give a humiliation over PSH as much as BCL did yesterday.

20. badadum

badadum Regular Member

There you go, then you agrees how much more advantageous was added to the Koreans when playing at their home turf. Not very convincing argument to say they beat someone at their home turf with that kind of great disadvantages imposed on the opponent. Heck, not only you play the opponent, but also the line judges that will call a shot 5cm out as in. :p