ADIDAS 2021 Badminton Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by speCulatius, Jan 20, 2021.

1. drop8shot

drop8shot Regular Member

Hi can I get some advice on which of the following rackets would be most suitable for me: Kalkul A1, Uberschall F1 & Uberschall F2.
    I only play doubles and would describe myself as an experienced beginner as I am returning to badminton after a gap of about 5 years. I lack power but am better at defensive play.
    Back when I used to play regularly my racket of choice was the Arcsaber 7, however as I am only playing around 1 hour a week I don't want to spend that much on a racket so am looking for a cheaper option. The above 3 rackets are on sale at the moment.

Dave1011 likes this.
  2. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

In my opinion the Kalkul range are easier to use than the Uberschall range.
    The Uberschall rackets are more head heavy than the Kalkul rackets.

Both the A1 and F1 are quite flexible, the F2 is a little stiffer.

The Uberschall range was updated a while ago, F09.2, F1.1, F2.1 and F3.1 were introduced

drop8shot and speCulatius like this.
  3. phil1954

phil1954 New Member

Pdhsports have the Uberschall F2 for £45 with free Uberschall F66 string offer. Is this a good deal as a cheaper F5 with similar stiffness/balance? Stats of F2 is a slightly less HH P7 so it's a bargain fast power racket?

Does anyone also have experience of Adidas F66 string?

Dave1011 likes this.
  4. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The F2 is a good alrounder, not too stiff or flexible.
    Completely different frame and feel to P7.
    Good value for £45

speCulatius and phil1954 like this.
  5. speCulatius

speCulatius Regular Member

What Dave said and...
    ... yes. I really like it. Plays similarly to (settled) LN1 and stays playable until the very end. Like a slightly harder and kore durable BG66UM, maybe? Snaps kinda out of nowhere, though (at least when you're used to GT5 which lasts forever even with ban lot of fraying). I don't have much experience with LN1, but from what I hear, the durability of F66 is worse.

phil1954 and Dave1011 like this.
  6. phil1954

phil1954 New Member

Uberschall F2 arrived and dry swinging, it is super fast as the speed demon range states

Adidas stiffness is way off though as 8.0-8.5 medium stiff more flexible than Yonex 88d and 100 Game rated medium and same as Wilson S3700 rated flexible!

Not sure if keeping as it's only £49 delivered with free string but the flexibility sort of puts me off it's power potential

Attached Files:

7. speCulatius

How did you measure the stiffness? Remember that even the exact same shaft will feel differently depending on how much head weight and air resistance you add.

The F2 certainly is not the highest power ceiling racket, but I don't see anything that should give you that impression. How much and how easy you get power from it depends on so many things though. I see the F2 as a quite fast racket with a lot of easy power. I can certainly hit harder with my P8 though, but even that is not stiff enough if I'm only going for my hardest smash.

The price is really good for that racket. If you keep it or not is up to you.

Budi, phil1954 and Dave1011 like this.
  8. phil1954

phil1954 New Member

Not scientifically that's for sure, just by holding both ends and gently flexing racket, it bends easier than my flexible racket.

I chose medium stiff as I don't think I can handle stiff and F2 is half the price of P7. Now I'm thinking if Adidas stiffness rating is so relaxed, I can handle the P8!

9. speCulatius

First of all, the P8 is not as extreme as the Duora Z-Strike, for example.

And then something that might help you:
    With too flexible rackets, I get timing problems quite easily. I never had that with the F2. However, I never tried to play competitively with it.

I'm thinking about trying it again next training, but maybe I'll have to restring before I can actually play it without feeling uncomfortable, so no promises...

The next training would be Tomorrow. ;)

phil1954 likes this.
  10. speCulatius

Training on Friday was cancelled, but I used it today.

The past year I pretty much exclusively played my P8s, so I'm not really used to adapting to different rackets that quickly anymore. Also, I did not re-string the F2 and it's a very thick string (NS95, thicker than BG65, despite saying they're the same). With that string the F2 only has roughly 0.5 g less head weight than my P8s (also wet of course).

It started off a little bit rough. It is considerably faster than the P8, despite having the larger head. That is not only the head weight. That's when I remembered that this is the racket that made me believe that the number of strings has a real impact on aerodynamics. The thin frame might help, too. After warm up, I was almost used to it again. So there was still more than one hour of different drills Plus playing a few minutes at the end.

Is the power ceiling as high as the P8's? No. Certainly not. Less head weight, more flexible shaft -> less (max) power! But.... the power that is there is still pretty and fairly easily accessible. I did manage to flex it too much when being used to it, but then... I can do that with the P8 and it did take more effort than I thought it would. I couldn't do that before having adapted to the racket. I do not see the shaft being too flexible for most people.... but then, I did not cut the overgrip, so it wraps a few cm around the shaft, maybe that made it stiffer. ;)

I cannot compare it to the rackets you (@phil1954 ) mentioned. I only played with the 88D before and that was not a lot and a long time ago. I hope this helps anyway. To sum it up...

The F2 is a fast racket. The slightly more flexible shaft and the swing speed, that's faster than it should be, combined with some weight in the head really make it easy to get power out if it. It's not an extreme racket in any way, but it clearly leans towards adding some power to a fast racket.

phil1954, s_mair and Dave1011 like this.
  11. phil1954

phil1954 New Member

Thank you very much for your detailed reply, very useful.

Btw there were 2 original colour P8s for £90 on FB Badminton Marketplace if anyone needs one or more.

Was tempted myself if I didn't have F2 to try and I think the extra flex from the F2 is from the much longer shaft compared to the Yonex 88D/100 Game.

Anyone else used a P8 and a Yonex 88d or 100 Tour to compare speed/power potential of stiff but not super stiff rackets as the price range is the same? 88d/100 Pro is too stiff and too expensive

Attached Files:

12. elderperez

elderperez New Member

13. sami

sami New Member

Hi, I have 2 Adidas Uberschall F1 rackets, would probably like to buy 1 more but problem is that Adidas already has new lineup. I noticed that Uberschall F1.1 is spected as head heavy, which is quite a jump from what F1 was spected on. Which would in your guys opinion be most similar to Uberschall F1 from current x.1 lineup? I'm from EU

14. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The new uberschall range have a very different feel to the old range. Both ranges are good but not similar.
    I suggest you try to buy another F1 rather than trying to find a match in the new range.

15. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Keeping the thread alive!

I used one of my Uberschall F2 in my game tonight.

I've not tried an F2 for quite some time but it felt great and didn't take long to adjust to.
    It was fast but had enough head weight for smashes when needed.

I have been using my Kalkul A2 and Spieler A09.1 rackets recently, I have felt I needed a little more flex than I used to due to lack of court time over the last 2/3 years.

I'm glad I managed to stock up on pairs of A09.1, F2, A2 and A5 to keep me going for a while.

16. orbn01

orbn01 New Member

Moin, a fellow club member is still very fond of his Uberschall F5, but unfortunately this model is hard to come by. Does anyone know of a comparable racket, regardless of brand? Greetings

phil1954 likes this.
  17. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

How is the shaft feels? Stiff/Med/Flex?

Dave1011 likes this.
  18. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

The shaft is medium, stiffer than Bravesword 12 but has some whip