2011 French Open SS: Finals Day Sun 30-October

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2011' started by nokh88, Oct 29, 2011.

1. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    But they are about on par ATM for ranking points for OG 2012, (tournaments since MO GPG this May)... and in fact, WX will lead WYH when the FO results are computed.

2. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ah good,somebody noticed Li Xuerui has got great potential - I've been eyeing her since last year when I was stunned by the way she took out Saina in the semi-final of the Asia Championship before overcoming her compatriot Liu Xin for the tiltle, the same Saina who in that year won three back-to-back SS titles. We're sure to see more of her going forward,the newly anointed Princess will soon enough blossom into another Chinese Queen,joining the ranks of her more illustrious seniors.

3. tsae75

tsae75 Regular Member

Developer
    I think Joachim Fischer is too aggressive in his off-the-shuttle approach and I think he goes a little too far in always trying to terrorise his opponents between rallies. I also think it has little to do with giving one's 100% in badminton - i reckon it's just Gill Clark's poor excuse for her fellow European's overly unwarrented aggressiveness on court and to save him some embarrassment.

It's only badminton and honestly if everyone adopts JP's combative approach, then I am pretty sure it will no longer end up as Badminton but World War III!

Having a good fighting spirit is one thing but to display such 'hostile' behaviour on court is somewhat ugly and should not be encouraged. YMMV.

4. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    yup, the referee was warning him that he was saying something bad in danish language and referee know what it means. I also didn't see him shake hand with his opponent after the games.

5. ongwilliam

ongwilliam Regular Member

Social / Community service
    LCW should release the brake and be an aggressor than too calculative, selamba play-maker. Mentally need to change and ride on......good pace with Chen Long in the Semi-F........bravo. Against Kenichi, boleh lah.....kacang.

6. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    can you post her picture here.. like her too..:)

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I've been reading that a number of you are quite pissed off by unwarranted "ugly" behaviour exhibited by certain players. I myself tend not to take it too seriously or over-react to it. Every player has his character traits and temperament, it's not uncommon to get carried away in the heat of the moment. I'm sure they are not intended or directed at anybody personally by the players themselves - he or she may be just letting off steam or even angry with themselves. Such incidents,as long as they don't go overboard or cross the boundaries set by BWF, will at most invite a verbal warning. Why not just look at it as spicing up the game and atmosphere,make good entertainment,gossips,expressions of personal opinions,brickbats.etc. If McEnroe's brattish behaviour can be tolerated or even accepted by some tennis fans as peculiar to their hero,why not JF's who, in my view,is relatively mild in comparison. Let's concentrate more on their badminton;after all,we all want to watch great badminton being played - a work of art created on court - and not mind too much or be unduly distracted by each individual player's pecadilloes, which interest their die-hard fans more than anyone else. To each his/her idol.

8. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Throwing away his racket [to the opponent direction] is part of fun display and his nature of being great XD player :D so just enjoy the scenes and do expect more to come :p

As about the JF "hostile or intimidation" gestures, it will be up to his opponents and coaches to find ways on how to counter them, whether simply ignore them...or further attack back with even more "annoying/nasty" gestures yet still inline with BWF regulation :D ...it's just JF's psychological warfare to get an upper hand!

#408 kelana, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  9. Tactician

Tactician Regular Member

Scientist
    I'm with you man! Can't stand the guy.

10. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Funny there is more talk about JF "behaviour" than any of the other matches ;) ...

11. riffsuad

riffsuad Regular Member

engineer
    very excited person. maybe still no mature.

12. Tactician

Tactician Regular Member

Scientist
    A wise observation my learned friend

13. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What a "wise" observation. SInce when is someones personality the same as gamesmanship :rolleyes:. CY looks at opponents like he will piss on their mothers grave and roast their children at the next barbeque. Because he doesn't make big gestures or sounds it's not "gamesmanship". CL is staring down LCW all the time but of course that is different from the big gesturing Fischer Price. Nadal is pumping his whatever all the time, the only difference is a tennis court is 4 times the size so he is not in the face of his opponent when he does it ...

"If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen ..."

14. Tactician

Tactician Regular Member

Scientist
    Nope. Not buying that even a bit.

15. Tactician

Tactician Regular Member

Scientist
    Psychological warfare is one thing. This is not it.

16. Tactician

Tactician Regular Member

Scientist
    Thank you for the advice. Nope. JF is still an a***

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

:D And the same to you, have a good day. Bye now ...

Maybe you can ask the little kids at the trainingcamp if he is such an "a" with 3 dots :rolleyes:. As far as I'm concerned he is just psyching himself up ...

And if you want to continue on this line you can classify the Korean and Japanese yelling after and before each point as unsportmanlike conduct ...

#417 demolidor, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

And what I actually came here for: the umpire that warned him with the "I know what it means" issued the same warning before to Shintaro Ikeda. It means they used a swear word, which could be something as simple as a "f*** yeah!" after scoring an important point in the heat of battle or cursing themselves after a mistake. Now Ikeda is also a Solibad ambasador but ofcourse since he got a warning from this particular umpire no choice but to classify him as a bully with no honour or sportsmanship ...

19. Tactician

Tactician Regular Member

Scientist
    Thank you. You have a good day too. The difference between you and me is that you believe that he is just psyching himself while I strongly disagree with that. He is a good player but his disrespect to his opponent is just a real turn off. At that level, he can show better class to those kids in the traing camp rather than revealing his true a*** nature.

20. Tactician

Tactician Regular Member

Scientist
    If he point at his opponent, look jeeringly at the, and threw his racquet, then he is also an a***P/s a*** has the same spelling as the first four letters in the Arsenal FC for us using British English