2011 French Open SS: Finals Day Sun 30-October

Discussion in 'French Open / Bitburger Open 2011' started by nokh88, Oct 29, 2011.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

visor, one of the posters had earlier called JF arrogant. I was trying to make a point that arrogance is not such a bad trait when you're mano a mano on the court against someone who's trying to take your head off. And as I pointed out they are more entertaining to watch as well. I love the aura both JF and LD exude.

2. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Ahem, are you planning your meal schedule yet? You have Monday and Tuesday covered already, hehe :p

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Ah I see, my bad, don't be mad, madbad. :). However although I can understand their passion adn intensity during play, I'm not sure about their "aura"; I'm not sure I would like my kids or the next gen of players to copy JF or Ma Jin shouting at their opponents when they win a point. Siimilarities can be drawn with the infamous McEnroe from the tennis world.

#383 visor, Oct 30, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Christinna Pedersen has such a serene face and lovely smile. All the time! Like a madonna...

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Wednesday: WJC WS finals... :D
    The other 4 days, I haven't thought too much yet. Man needs a break! Besides, there's always takeout... :p

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Perhaps, it's time for MJ to pair up with another partner. :):):)

7. madbad

madbad Regular Member

McEnroe, my all time favourite tennis player. He had such a sublime touch. Couple that with his desire and you have a winning formula.

8. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I've just finished watching a BWF recording of the MS finals, game 1.
    Oh man!! How did Kenichi Tago manage to NOT win any major titles yet? He is SO GOOD!!!
    That game had some of the most exciting and involved, and surprising points I have seen for a long, long time in MS play.
    Kenichi has an undefinable instinct for returns that put some of the best players out of their comfort zone. He seems to play form a different handbook so often.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

Just finished watching the MD final, after the game Fu went to the net to shake hands with Jung and Lee, but Cai seemed to have been so disappointed that he didn't bother to shake and went straight to his bag. Did he shake later? Anyone knows?

10. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Just finished watching the XD final. The Danes played with so much fire and desire while the Chinese fumbled their way around. There seems to be a personality mismatch between XC and MJ. It comes across like MJ is the nagging wife and XC has learned to tune her out, hence a lack of communication. That horrible gaffe when the 2 of them went for the same shot near the end of G2 summed it up.

XC can be a little one dimensional and his defence is not up to the standards of the best men XD players. MJ looks to be a little negative towards XC when some positive reinforcement is required. She needs to change her approach otherwise she'll be known as an XD partner killer.

11. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Oh, and CP is quite beautiful in a natural way. :D

12. visor

visor Regular Member

A word of encouragement from your partner or to your partner will help much better than a scolding or a glare during game situation.

13. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Just watched the WS final. It was very played indeed. WX showed us her usual assortment of flicks and cross courts. Her racket control is unsurpassed in the woman's game. LXR has a tremendous all-round game and knows how to attack WX (due to years of training). I hope coaches all round the world were watching. I see her as a smoother WYH. I believe she will achieve great things in the next couple of years.

She's got to do something about that hair though... :D

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

MS summary.

LCW was the better player. Did the job with little fuss. Tago didn't do the things that made him successful against LCW at AE10. He didn't take him on at the net often enough and didn't employ enough drives to the body to keep him off balance.

Missed the almost mandatory striptease at the end of a MS match though :cool::p

15. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yup, this is what I like to watch Wang Xin playing, it's time for WX to claim #1 WR again ;)
    Overall, CHN squad 'only' grabbed 2 titles here, the fewest number of SS title so far, as they always winning 4 titles except AE and DEN SSP with 3 titles each.

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So when does the CBSL season begin?

17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

CHN s busy fighting hard for OG points. How to do both and well? CBSL is a good excuse for CHN skipping BWF tournaments although it s also supposed to sieve out unknown talent. Until BWF came out with the PSS.

18. Dillon

Dillon Regular Member

The female umpire with champagne blond hair - super cute tho :)
    Iris Metspalu from Estonia :)

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Wise words. But it seems XC must have forgotten part of the script and they are under tremendous pressure to deliver.

20. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    After the completion and results of the 2011 French Open played last week, WYH is still far ahead of WSX and WX in their world ranking points. :):):)

IMHO, for WX to claim World No.1 again, she needs to win every time in her next few tournaments.

My guess: WYH will remain as World No.1 when the 2012 Olympic Games commences.