2009 Dutch Junior and 2009 German Junior

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by Krisna, Feb 20, 2009.

1. holland-1

holland-1 Regular Member

Seedings were actually done by Badminton Europe first, so high-ranked couples in the European ranking, although it is wrong, are seeded because this tournament is a part of the European Junior Circuit as well. I hope to go to the hall tomorrow and watch some matches.

2. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    looking forward on ur analysis...:)

3. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Rischa outclassed her German opponent 21-8, 21-13... On to the next round... :)

Now we wait for Gifar and Riyanto...

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I wonder if the same Badminton Europe decided on the seedings of the German Junior [next week]... somehow, that tournament, which is also in the European Junior Circuit, have a different idea on who deserve to be seeded... :confused: I personally think the German organizers are more realistic... :D I know there is no set rules on whom to seed in International junior tournaments... The INA players just have to prove the Dutch Junior organizers that they are waaayyyy offff this time around... :p He he he...

If I were the organizers of the Dutch or German Junior... If I know the #1 pair/player of INA, CHN, MAS, KOR are in town... I will at least seed them as the 5-8 seeds... :p

This is pretty much like in soccer... even if I don't know how good the Junior teams of Brazil, Italy, Germany, Argentina are... I will seed them at least as the 5-8 seeds... By sheer reputation of their country's soccer prowess throughout soccer's history... :p

But that's just me... :eek:

5. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    A Collage from the 2009 Dutch Junior

Dutch Junior 1.jpg

This photo was taken from the official website... :D
    The flying INA player around the top right is... Berry... I think...

#65 Krisna, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  6. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Gifar defeated Matias Fernstrom of Sweden in 25 minutes...

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1st mas player lost...wonder why ykh choose him...sigh...

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Both Gifar and Riyanto sail through the next round.

Remaining fixtures for today:
    BD R32 Matijs Dierickx/Maxime Moreels vs Mohd Ullinuha/Berry Angriawan
    GS R32 Cha Tsz Ka [3/4] vs Ayu Wanda Tika Wulandari -- in terms of experience, I think the Hong-Kong girl has had exposure to int tourneys, so, she has the edge.
    GS R32 Rischa Meissiani vs Lianne Tan [2] -- I think an upset is likely here.
    BS R32 Adrain Dziolko [9/16] vs Arief Gifar Ramadhan -- ditto as above.
    BS R32 Riyanto Subagja vs Nikolaj Persson

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hope sonia can do what cwf cant this morning...

10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree with all badMania's assesment. Ayu will test Cha Tsz Ka, but most probably will not win this time... :p I say Ayu has a 40% chance of winning, while Cha has 60% chance... ;)

11. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    INA BS Under-19

Riyanto 1.jpg
    15-year-old Riyanto...

Prediction: one day, if there are no injuries or other unexpected problems, Riyanto Subagja and Chen Long of China will be rivals in the world stage. 2016 Olympics maybe... :D Riyanto will be 22/23 then. Chen Long around 25/26... Both are good looking athletes... Young girls will swarm the stadium... :cool: They will hopefully improve badminton's popularity...

Gifar 1.jpg
    Gifar in action.

He is a tough competitor. Not as talented as Riyanto, but very hard working and won't ever surrender. :) Good working-class ethic.

Note:
    Riyanto's height: 179 cm
    Gifar's height: 176 cm
    Both are still 15 years old today.

#71 Krisna, Feb 26, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  12. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Is Riyanto Subagja in any way related to Ricky Subagja? I thought the young boy bears a resemblance to the legendary MD player. Hmmm...

13. holland-1

holland-1 Regular Member

Looking forward to today's matches

Tomorrow afternoon, I hope to have a look at some matches.
    Zulfadli had a really confident win yesterday (21-4 2nd game!), same goes for Iskander, Win Ki Wong, Riyanto and Pedro Martins.
    I think the only remarkable result was the loss of Sun Ly against the Czech in three games... I don't know how old/strong Sun is, but as he appears to be in the Malaysian natioanl squad so can't be bad :p
    In WS, Sonia passed through easily, but all Indonesian, Hong Kong and Malaysian girls did, so it looks good for Asia there.
    Today clash between Lianne Tan (2) and Rischa Meissiani. I think this will be a close match, Lianne is a good player who was close to beating Yao Jie (former European Champion, Thailand Open champion and nr. #5 in world ranking) during European Team Championships, so her shape seems okay. She slaughted her Czech opponent yesterday (5 and 11) so won't be exhausted.
    I noticed that in men's and women's doubles both there is only one Indonesian couple, but these couples will be top players probably.
    In WD, the Indo's can already meet first seeded Dutch players tomorrow in last sixteen. Strange draw, because the Dutch girls - even although I know European badminton is worse - are really good reaching last 16 or last 8 at last year's World Junior Champ. as 2nd years -17, so don't underestimate them. In MD, the Indo's should actually win the upcoming matches, as I see the second seeded couple does not have really noticable results.
    The Mixed doubles is exciting, today's matches will bring victory to the Asian couples probably, but the first seeded Jacco and Selena reached the quarterfinals as u17 last year, and were very close to beating the final winners from China. Hopefully some Dutch success there :p

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Both are quite similar..

..Riyanto and Chen Long, esp. looking at their height. Wow, 15 yrs old and already 179cm?!?!..

15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

That's because Jenna/Olivia got a bye yesterday. Today, 2 pairs in GD. Only 1 pair in BD Ullin/Berry and as Krisna mentioned, they are INA's no 1 BD pair at the moment, winning several tourneys in 08 and 09. They are certainly one of INA's best hope in WJC this year. As for XD, Ullin/Jenna is a very strong pair as well as they are INA's no 1 junior XD pair at the moment.

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    go and see how tall is zulfadli...:)

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ong boon hui/pang zheng lin suddenly wake up from 5-13 down in 2nd set...:rolleyes:...and now they at behind again....:rolleyes:

18. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    and they lost...faint...so lame...

hehe...anyway...:rolleyes:...hope sonia can made my day today...:)

19. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    As far as we know, they are not related... :p Just out of curiosity, are Chen Hong, Chen Jin, and Chen Long? :confused:

Actually, Jenna will become 19 this year... :p Ullin-Berry are not ranked number 1 anymore in INA today because Jenna is not Under-19 under BWF and PBSI category. They were the number 1 INA XD as of December 31, 2008... :cool:

20. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I think Ullin/Jenna beat the seeded HKG pair, when I left my office, they were leading 1-0 (21-17). But results are not updated yet in tournamentsoftware.com :rolleyes: