11th China National Games-badminton Oct 11,2009: true competition at highest level

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by 2cents, Sep 16, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Ehm..

:eek:..young lady, a lot of BCers know you so well lah..After all, you've professed to the entire BC nation about who's your fave, numero uno, ichiban CHN player lah..:cool:

2. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    people tend to draw conclusions from their own over imaginations.

Chen Jin just complained about the unfairness of the draw You guys then accused CJ afraid of LD.

According to Chen Jin, he said his ranking inside China was also number 2, not #3, then he should not be in the same half as LD the number 1 in the National games.

For the open tournaments, he should have 50% chance to be in the same half as LD, but the real draw always put him in the same half. That's just his compalin.

At the national games, the top half of MS were much stronger than the bottom half. That's the reason Hun Yun advanced to final 4 by beating Chen Yu, and BCL can cruise to the final with no resistance.

By the way, have you guys noticed that in the ceremony after the match, actually just right after LD bt Bao CL 21-3 in the match, LD was too excited, and Bao was trying to shake hands with him, but LD didn't pay attention. After that, there is no word, no even eye contact between LD and BCL. On the other hand, LD was talking with Chen Jin so happily with tons of laugh. Chen Jin was trying to pat BCL, but BCL ignored. Still no any eye contact between LD and BCL.

LD and BCL had been good friends for a long time until several months ago. I think their relationship has changed a lot. Some people in the China team wanted Bao CL retire. Is LD one of them?

Good to see that BCL won 4 titles this year, including the Asia Champion, Singapore super and Japan super seires. Now the pressure for him retiring has gone temporarily.

I always think BCL has some background support from the top management level which LYB has to follow. Pan Pan is another example having this kind of background. Zhao TT could be another one. any confirmation?

3. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

What makes you think so? :confused::confused::confused: What would happen if BCL does not have "background support"? He would be asked to retire? But that's not reasonable, because:

BCL was definitely Chinese No. 2 until 2008. Even in 2008, he still did OK. And now he did pretty well in 2009.

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    Bao CL got to the national team years ahead of Lin Dan, even though that time LD had been a better player. BCL got lots of chances to play international tournaments too.

In the Asian games, who was selected to hold Chinese flag at the opening ceremony? China has more than 180 Asian games champions, but none of them. It's Bao CL who has never even close to win. You should be able to figure out why.

5. at800def

at800def Regular Member

student
    if bcl had background wouldnt lyb be more keen on helping him win more titles? I mean there has been alot of rumors saying that LYB ask LD to purposely to lose to Chen Jin. If the background power were the case for BCL he should have many more titles under his belt as oppose to losing to LD so many times. There are atleast 2 times where LD made it obvious that he lost to CJ purposely. ( the all england and the most recent SS where he lost the rubber at 4 i believe) Mentioning the above... it seems like CJ is the one that has background.. not saying CJ is not good.. he is indeed very good..) if it is not background it might as well be favoritism. and it doesnt seem like bcl had any of these treatments.

From what i know BCL got into the china 1st team alittle before LD because he won the junior tournament that year beating LD.

BCL was selected to be the flag bearer for the asian games... one reason was because of his height... generally it is basketball players who are the flag bearers... but this time they decided to change.. or maybe it's due to bcl's popularity not necessarily because he had background.

6. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    Thank you very much for the news and pictures. This is a cool thread.

7. ye333

ye333 Regular Member

I don't think so. Both BCL and LD appeared in international tournaments in 2001 - 02. By that time they were already in the national team. As BCL is only 18 in 2001, I don't think he is in the national team before that. So I don't think BCL enters the national team "years" before LD.

For the second "evidence", I think LD is too short to hold the flag. Furthermore BCL is much better looking.

Also remember that by the end of 2006, LD has only one big title (2006 WC, beating BCL in the final in 3 games -- "never even close to win"?) which is nothing compared to many fellow players in the Chinese team.

In Olympics, Yao Ming holds the flag, while Yao Ming indeed "has never even close to win" any big title. ;)

#367 ye333, Oct 21, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2009