11th China National Games-badminton Oct 11,2009: true competition at highest level

Discussion in '2009 Tournaments' started by 2cents, Sep 16, 2009.

1. leonardklh

leonardklh Regular Member

student
    any women double results?

2. suetyan

suetyan Regular Member

Yu Yang/Du Jing bt Zhao Yunlei/Wang Xiaoli 21-17, 21-14

3. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Yes....Allmy players won...thanx suetyan and 2cents for doing great job .......

4. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Landlording, providing vacation homes at Disney wo
    thank you for reading and commenting. Actually I put more comments than results here.

The reason I put only 4 players in the hot list because only those 4 have not lost any match in both team and individual events. Amazing!

Cai Yun/Xu Chen seem several levels better than the rest men's doubles.

In singles, both men's and women's champion Lin Dan and Wang Ling are perfect. Not only for them winning the single gold, but also invincible in the team events.

Chen Jin and Bao CL are good enough too, they have won all in the team event, and both only lost to Lin Dan in singles.

Zhou Wenlong is kind of hotter than expected, he is the only 1 of 4 who never lost in the team event (other 3s are LD, CJ, BCL). ZWL lost to BCL in singles quarter final.

Hu Yun did pretty good, bt Chen Long in the team event, and reached semi in the individuals.

Chen Long has been under the expecations, although Fu Jian got the silver in team, but his personal record is poor: Lost to Hu Yun, lost to Chen Jin, and lost to Du PY. just bt a unknown player Zhu from Guangdong.

Wang ShiXian got the silver, but she lost to Wang Ling twice in both team and individuals

Lu Lan won all in teams and won the gold too, but lost in the 1st round of individuals.

Wang YH did so poor, lost to Xie XF, lost to Wang Shixian, lost to Jiang Yan Jiao...

Now Chen Long and Wang Yihan are the only two singles China sent to Denmark open. They should get some consolation there.

5. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

LD is the badminton God, beating BCL 21-3? OMG.

6. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Hmm wonder did he get his knees busted or something.

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

....................:rolleyes:

8. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Fu HF's smash is more powerful than Xu Chen, but Xu Chen is much better than Fu HF on defense. Xu Chen can cover and protect more areas on the court than FHF. What Cai Yun refered was the overall ability. I think Cai Yun agrees that Fu HF is more powerful, but that's not the only thing matters.

9. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

Li Yongbo explained his plan for the denmark open today

At first, Li Yongbo said, because Chinese players skipped many super series this year, so he sent 26 players to the Denmark open at first.

Then, most players got exhausted on the national games, so he withdrew the whole team from Denmark open.

Then, sponsors for the Denmark open wanted to cancel their sponsorship. WBF and Denmark open organizer asked Li YB for cooperation.

Then, Li YB agreed that sending at least 1 for each event. So he sent the players who lost most in the national games. That's the reason he sent Chen Long and Wang Yihan. :eek: wow, what a coincidence, :eek: which exactly the same list as I wrote the "who's not" list.

Most countries or associations, want to send the best players to the international tournaments, but LYB just wants to send the worst players to the international tournaments. So funny. :mad::mad:

10. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

the funniest thing after the national games is that LYB claimed the biggest finding from this national games is that he found several very young but very talented with huge potential double players. He's going to absorb him(or them) to the national team.

For the singles, except Wang SX, he said he haven't seen any other new faces. There is no need to add more in the national team except Wang SX.

I view this as LYB's signal that he's going to have his son, Li Gan, a doubles player, in the national team.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think LYB knows the standard of the other players and feels that even his "worst" players will provide stiff resistance to them and maybe win some titles. :D

12. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    wow, you guys are pretty ridiculous

i "scolded" her because her comment is ignorant of the high-level play in the match and was a beginner's perspective: "how many jump smashes will I see in this match?! lin dan's strength is clearly his powerful jump smash so if he doesn't use those, then he isn't even trying!!!1"

lin dan was going 100% in the game. this game is significant, and he pulled all stops (notice the body language and his reaction towards line calls). his strategy was to cool it down in game 2, and step it up in g3. "he could have won in 2 games", right. if he could, he would have, but he didn't - why would he unnecessarily increase variance in the match when it is so crucial to win

Ferrikiko: look at your chivalrous white-knight defense of her, you even admit that she doesn't know what she's talking about, so yeah, hence why i called her out on her comment

I didn't call her out as I wanted to "bully a girl". It's just because the comment tilted me and was insulting not only to CJ but also LD.

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Super Dan eyeing a new record at National Games

14:21, October 18, 2009

Chinese top shuttler Lin Dan is closing in on a new record after he stormed into men's singles finals of badminton tournament at the 11th Chinese National Games on Saturday.

Lin Dan of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) team celebrates after winning the men's singles final of badminton against Bao Chunlai of Hunan province at the 11th Chinese National Games in Jinan, east China's Shandong Province, Oct. 18, 2009. Lin won the match 2-0 and claimed the title of the event. (Xinhua/Li Ziheng)

As a record winner of three consecutive world championships, Lin is chasing another record -- the first player to defend men's singles title in National Games history.

Lin, who represents People's Liberation Army, overcame world No.4 Chen Jin from Jiangsu 21-17, 15-21, 21-7 in a 82-minute semifinal duel. This was a replay of the semifinal of last National Games when Lin defeated Chen to advance into the finals then lifted the title after pipping Bao Chunlai from Hunan.

Bao notched up the other semi after taking down Hu Yun from Hong Kong 21-14, 21-6.

"Bao has clinched several titles this year and is now in good shape," said second world ranked Lin. "The final could be a fierce battle."

Bao was tortured by knee injury earlier this year but still managed to be crowned in Asian Championships in April, Singapore Super Series in June, and Japan Super Series in September.

Elsewhere, Wang Lin from Zhejiang beat Jiangsu's Wang Shixian towin women's singles title.

The World No. 1 lost the first game 21-16 but managed to turn around the situation to win in the second at 21-18. In the decider, the 21-year-old Wang led all the way and never looked back to secure a comfortable win at 21-11.

Wang Lin, who topped the world ranking since last month, revenged on Wang Shixian as the former lost to the latter in China Masters final in September.

Newly crowned world champion Zhao Tingting got a prefect ending to her 20-odd years career. She paired up with Olympic bronze medalist He Hanbin to win mixed doubles title.

Zhao and He, who represent People's Liberation Army, lost the first set 21-14 to Hunan's Zheng Bo and Tian Qing, but reversed the situation to win the second at 21-8. The decider proved to be a seesaw battle as the two sides even levelled at 19-19 before Zhao and He notched up the game at 21-19.

"This is my third and last National Games. After that, I will retire." said Zhao, who will take up college studies shortly after a break.

"After I took the women's doubles gold in this year's world championships, I do not put myself under pressure anymore. Maybe relaxation did some help during my trip this time at the National Games," added she. "Anyway, it's a perfect ending for me."

Guangdong veteran Liu Jian took women's singles bronze medal after beating Li Wen from Hubei 21-10, 20-22 and 21-13. And she did a better job in team event as she helped Guangdong win a silver medal earlier on Tuesday.

In men's doubles, Olympic silver medalist Fu Haifeng paired up with Zhu Lihua to advance into the men's doubles finals. The other final berth went to Cai Yun and Xu Chen of Jiangsu.

As for women's doubles, the Beijing Olympic champions Du Jing and Yu Yang will meet Zhao Yunlei and Wang Xiain from Hubei in the finals.

Source:Xinhua

http://paper.people.com.cn/rmrb/html/2009-10/19/content_363296.htm

Lin Dan of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) team celebrates after winning the men's singles final of badminton against Bao Chunlai of Hunan province at the 11th Chinese National Games in Jinan, east China's Shandong Province, Oct. 18, 2009. Lin won the match 2-0 and claimed the title of the event. (Xinhua/Li Ziheng)

Attached Files:

14. kar_mun

kar_mun Regular Member

If you disagree with what suetyan said, you could have say it in a better way, there's not a need to use the word idiot.

Congratulations to all of the winners. So Zhao Tingting is going to retire after this national games? How old is she?

15. Maximum

Maximum Regular Member

student
    all in all, i dun think anyone should call a person 'idiot'. that is indeed a very rude word to use on a person. every1 hav different point of view, so is suetyan. she watch a particular match and was just voicing out her opinion to share with alot of us, forum member who didnt hav the opportunity or time to watch. suetyan plays badminton herself and she knows what level, high or low of a play is.
    if u disagree with what suetyan said, just dont bother looking at it. you dont have to called her an 'idiot' (which every1 agrees that she is not.)

16. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

oh, Suet Yan is a girl. I just realized that. There is no wonder why she likes Bao CL and Lin Dan, instead of Chen Jin. I have nothing against women or men, but there are statistics differences between men and women.

17. 2cents

2cents Regular Member

funny, "exalted", supposed to be a person who is exalted, by its definition, which means elevated in esteem, grand and noble in character.

Just be careful with the word especially when there are only 4 letters in it. The forum administrator could set up the word filtering function of the forum, but I think it's better without filtering because we are all exalted persons.

18. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hey exalted: U better say sorry to Suetyan , dont think she is a china gal , means u can bully her /.. ha .. Now all the brothers here are watching to see whether u say sorry to her or not?:mad:

19. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Perhaps BCL wanted tp break taufik's record against LD at 2006 Japan open when LD beat taufik 21-3 in the rubber.Well at least,taufik could steal 1 set from LD :p:D

20. tommy_bun

tommy_bun Regular Member

Suetyan or 2cents....whats the scoreline on MD match???