LWW/CTF : So close yet so near

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by YelSttr, May 6, 2007.

1. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Lol.... gestures has nth to do with winning or losing right? Cai/Fu has loads of cocky gestures too, but the only lil diff is that they didnt do directly at the face of opponents...

2. kokcheng

kokcheng Regular Member

It was an awesome game.It was such a pity that Lww/Ctf lost.Their defence was solid and Ctf'smashes were at times unretrievable.Lww was equally good at the front.All in all the majority thought they would win.As usual they let it slipped by.Nothing new.Happens before.Old habits die hard.Anyway they prove that they can still play marvellously.At 31 and 32, losing to the world no.1 pair,is not a let-down.Dont give up.So many more tournaments to amend your mistakes.

3. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    hahahah....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D well said.

4. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    i wont say a single thing even if kkk dresses like mc hammer or vanilla ice provided that he has the right attitude on court, which he doesnt have.:D:D:D:D:D

5. PlayaFromMalaya

PlayaFromMalaya Regular Member

Student
    so far yet so near..lolz

6. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

let's see how CTF/LWW performs in Indonesia Open. hope the victory won't slip from their hand again. it was too close this time. blame it on them for being too hurry to seal the second game.

7. alfa-2

alfa-2 Regular Member

Architect
    the subsidy should be 15......hahahaha........:D:D:D:D:D

8. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    typical LWW/CTF performance. Never had the champion factor, unlike KKK/TBH. Don't know why, as a hardcore Malaysian fan, I don't feel anything due to their lost. Maybe I'm beginning to get used to LWW/CTF getting the second place. Or maybe, this is just the beginning of the rise of LWW/CTF, since this is just another Open tournament??

9. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

CTF/LWW smashes were powerful during the 1st set. they smash all the way. after that, they lack the power in the 3rd set. smashes are weak and many mistakes. their stamina finished after the 2nd set. perhaps they smashed a lot in the 1st set. maybe it was CY/FHF strategy in the 1st set to make CTF/LWW tired.

10. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

if KKK/TBH has the champion factor, they won't lost to CTF/LWW and Zakry/Fairuzizuan recently. give claps to CTF/LWW for reaching two finals in three weeks. great job to Zakry/Fairuzizuan too. we do not need to rely totally on KKK/TBH anymore.

11. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer

They DO have the champion factor. Asian Games winner, AE Winner. They WIN. and they win BIG. I know it's disappointing for fans to see them losing when u all expect them to win. But you have to admit that they won. Unlike CTF/LWW and Zakry/Fairuz. CTF/LWW has a few titles to show off, but nothing BIG, although they may have been surviving and staying competitive for almost 10 yrs already!! :)

12. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    Same here, CTF/LWW are hopeless! Some of you may say that i am being too harsh but it's true.

I would not bash Cheah Soon Kit and Yap Him Hock for losing in a few big finals because back then, they infact lost to a better pair.

I am sick of CTF/LWW after seeing them played in the AE final against JE/ML, HKO final against MK/HS and yesterday's SO final against CY/FHF. In all these finals, they were leading a huge margin and any decent pair would have wrapped up the match but time and time, they failed!

13. zqloy

zqloy Regular Member

Winning against yr teammates doesnt means that u hv the champion factor either! Wats the point constantly win against yr teammates while losing easily to foreign pairs? U sounded like KKK/TBH is the ultimate hopeless loser after only 2 recent lost to teammates, while after so much glory they've bring to us? Wat sort of mentality is that?

14. emperor

emperor Regular Member

Badminton Player
    Agreed !!!

Agreed, I support yr statement. Especially when they win a point, LWW show his hand and ask people to...come on with the cocky face. But 1 thing i got to agree is they have a solid defence, really unexpected.

15. YelSttr

YelSttr Regular Member

Agree!! Well said!

16. YelSttr

YelSttr Regular Member

No the difference was Cai/Fu had the last laugh .... coming back from 2 match points down in the 2nd game and fighting back from 7 points behind in the rubber to take the SO! Thats the difference, dude. ;)

17. YelSttr

YelSttr Regular Member

.... but if still cannot win , how??? :eek: :eek:

18. amaze

amaze Regular Member

I told myself..... don't be too happy, after CTF/LWW won the first set. We've seen too many flops from this pair before... And true enough, they flopped again ! Are they satisfied that as long as they enter the finals, its good enough ?:confused:

However, one point of observation though, this pair is still good and at their ages, they are still fast ! So please control you emotions and bring back some titles !:mad:

19. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    Their is a huge difference between TG/CW and CTF/LWW. One pair has OG Gold medals, AE, WC titles, the other has nothing. In Many ways LWW/CTF are much better players than TG/CW, but just cannot cross the finish line. This is not My opinion but fact.

Even if they win the next tournament they will always be known as chokers IMO. One swallow doesn't make a summer.

20. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    banned.

and banned again...