Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

What do you think this racket compare to JPX Ltd?

2. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

In the past few years I have only owned a RKEP XP70, JPX LTD, F10Q. Before that I had the MX80. I have tried a few of the rackets from the previous generation, but haven't been up to date with any other mainstream rackets, so can't help too much there.

Compared to Astrox 88S (one session), I felt the F10Q was more lively and exciting. The A88S made for high quality games and felt like a beefier F10Q, which means slower but more powerful. The A88S feels like the type of racket that can effectively execute whatever you want it to do at your skill level, no more and no less. A very effective tool in the right hands. However the F10Q feels like potential and more exciting. This is a trade off question.

JPX LTD (stiff) vs F10Q quick comparison
    I liked both rackets for different reasons. JPX LTD was a great aggressive all rounder tending towards the back court (and one of my favourite rackets). The 10Q is less aggressive all round racket for the front court.

Smash: JPX LTD
    No brainer here. JPX hits like a truck and you can repeatedly do this. I don't spend a lot of the time at the back of the court, but when I do I can hit hard smashes, and that's even more fun with the JPX. Very fun to use here, power and precision - like an easier to use MX80. The F10Q still hits hard if you have the time, you will be pleasantly surprised here

Clear: JPX LTD
    Easy with the JPX LTD

Drive: F10Q overall, but JPX LTD for snappy shots
    You can get the F10Q racket head pretty much anywhere you want it when you play with it, but hitting it back with power in a short time is a different matter. JPX LTD is a little slower but gives you a little extra power. If you are a predominantly front court player take the F10Q, if you're a back court player who can step forward take the JPX LTD

Netplay: F10Q
    JPX LTD can make you a little lazy at the net as it is relatively easy. The F10Q feels like it has higher potential if you are conscious of your racket head. You can be more creative with the F10Q as you have more time and you can net kill any loose shots from your opponent - This is a real confidence booster

Drop: JPX LTD
    This is where the stiffer and heavier benefit comes into play for fast drops (as mentioned in my review)

Defense: F10Q. This is dependent on your defense style and power of your opponent
    F10Q is a 4U so you can basically move it to wherever you want. You have more options with how you defend with this racket and you can be more creative. I personally think the F10Q is slightly better as I love drive defense and counter attacking. JPX LTD when you have a little more time, its easy to get a full lift. But harder to counter attack. Nice to use against weaker opponents. Both rackets are good in defense.

Overall: F10Q (for me)
    It's a hard choice, but if I had to pick one - I'd go with the F10Q as it helps my play style the most. The JPX LTD is a great racket, it just is lacking marginally in that front court aggression. If there was an inbetween, I think I'd prefer that...unfortunately there was no F10P on sale when I was in HK

Play style tangent:
    The JPX LTD is really good if you are more powerful/better skilled than your partner as you can control everything from the back court - also works wonders as a mixed racket.
    The F10Q fits a rather narrow use case - It is very good If your partner plays an (equally) high paced game and prefers attacking from the back court

That was a very quick review (with poor formatting). Let me know if you have any further questions!

3. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Just curious, your MX80 is it the first gen and what's the weight? how does it compared to F10Q?

4. i800Yoty

i800Yoty Regular Member

I had the first gen, I think the final weight was 95g. They're very different rackets, I see the MX80 as a more extreme (and harder to use) version of the JPX LTD (so please refer to the above JPX LTD vs F10Q review for reference). The MX80 had sensational response and is another favourite of mine, except you really had to put in a lot of effort to get out its potential. The stiffness on that racket is no joke, especially if you play long tournaments.

Everything the JPX LTD can do, the MX80 can do it better - only if you had the strength and technique! So the F10Q is hard to compare against the MX80 as they have very different use cases and suit players very differently

I miss the raw feedback that you get from the MX80, no racket comes close

samhuda and -Silver- like this.
  5. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
    Thanks for the information! I think it is almost impossible to find a similar racket that feel and perform close to MX80.

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Any tought about F10P & F30P?
    & what different between 10 & 30 P as 10 price is kinda jump alot higher than 30.

7. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

F10 is made in japan.. and F30 is taiwan made and the 'product extension' to milk the good image of F10 and its promotors. That's pretty much how I see it.. The other tech mumbo jumbo is just to make it sound different. Like the original JPX Ltd and this new JPX Ltd "ATTACK"

8. huynhvinhthang

huynhvinhthang Regular Member

@foo.tw Can u please elaborate about Mfusion? Is it similar to Namb in Astrox? So far I have 88D 99, Zforce 2, TKFalcon and Gosen 8.0. I found 8.0 is the most difficult racket to play well with, maybe the extra stiff shaft is too much for me. TKFalcon is the one I get the most consistent result with. Among the racket I have, which one is similar to 10Q?
    Also, does it worth consider Altius Feel 01?

9. bmtboy

bmtboy Regular Member

Anyone tried technix 1.5? Able to share review? :)

Fadhel Muhammad Irza likes this.
  10. Gomit

Gomit Regular Member

o yes...please elaborate mfusion...hahaha
    i only care about balance point, stiffness and feels.

11. samhuda

samhuda Regular Member

Any toughtabout F10P vs zforce2 or other head heavy racket? any advice will be appreciated.

12. pandaafs

pandaafs New Member

Graphic Designer
    Hi all, I am new here btw and I recently found out an online shop selling mizuno rackets in Singapore's Lazada and Shopee.
    If you guys don't mind i can share the link here.

13. Badminton.greatest.sport

14. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Mfusion IMO, is less bouncy compared with other Hi-End Shafts.
    The best about this shaft is accuracy, you can expect very linear flexibility from this shaft and thus pinpoint accuracy of every shot.
    For Example, with F10Q, I enjoyed lifting the shuttle right to the baseline, so that your opponent can't do much aggressive plays.
    My drop shots are also shorter & closer to the net than other rackets. This also caused a lot of troubles for my opponents.
    NAMD : Long Swing = Power, I think they are different.

Mfusion needs some time to burn in. IMO, 1 month frequent play.
    And change all the grommets once you buy the racket. Originals are the worst grommets I've ever used.

10Q is not like the rackets you have, it's a complete front court racket. Your rackets are mostly all-rounders to rear court based.
    As to A01F, I've seen good user played very well. But his style is towards defend and counter.

visor and huynhvinhthang like this.
  15. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

In terms of feel, Mfusion is second to none.
    BP & Stffness is based on design, material doesn't do much.

And BTW, Normal 10Q has 86~87 swing weight.
    I've got a 89 swing weight 10Q.
    That racket is a beast.

huynhvinhthang likes this.
  16. huynhvinhthang

huynhvinhthang Regular Member

Thanks very much for the info. I should have bought this racket when it came out. 89 isn't just a beast, but a god damn beast. Most 3u racket can't even come close. Sadly I have no money left :( and 100zz is looking great too. And yes, namb big swing is menacing!

17. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

Doesn't it mean that the higher swing weight is also heavier to swing also?

18. surge

surge Regular Member

Elink sports just restock the jpx Ltd.
    Also had the new jpx speed and attack.
    So attack is just jpx limited with different colour?

19. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Yes, and most PROs are using heavy rackets.
    If you want to top others, you have to conquer high swing weight rackets.

20. surge

surge Regular Member

Heavier racket is actually easier to swing. As the wt will throw the racket forward. Problem is recovery. Can one pull back fast enough for the 2nd shot? Esp during fast drive exchanges.
    Also the constant throwing and recovery can tire the arm easily too