Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    They come only in 4U for us plebs =(

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

esppy and visor like this.
  2. skf17

skf17 New Member

Why bro?

3. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    Im happy with JPX LTD and I dont need attack/speed edition.

I better wait for next Mizuno innovation if there is any, otherwise I stick with JPX LTD

4. skf17

skf17 New Member

Is mizuno string any good? Consider to try

5. justplaynow77

justplaynow77 Regular Member

Finally got myself a JPX LTD Attack and really like it!

I do not have the 'original' JPX LTD so I cant compare with that, but based on spec (Attack's spec is an exact copy of the 'original'), plus the enjoyment I get (the oomph feedback at every hard hit with Nanogy 98 string @27 lbs, the racket balance felt on the hand, the beauty of the birdie trajectory on lifts, clears, and smashes) I'd say it must be similar performance. No wonder @hm_andhika keeps 10 of these on hand :p

For me this racket is more playable than Altius 01 Feel, but maybe that is because of my lack of proper skill. Altius 01 Feel seems to have smaller sweet spot so it gives lousy feel and more power loss on mishits. Or maybe it's the effect of the box frame on JPX LTD that makes it feel more in-tuned with my swing. Whatever the reason is, this is the first racket I am thinking of buying another one for spare *gasp*

By the way, can anyone refer me to a good Mizuno store in Singapore? Preferably with price cheaper than Indonesian retailers.

6. Budi

Budi Regular Member

mind to share your racket history & which of those you like?
    Interest on JPX LTD ATK but still not sure about it as i prefer raw power over speed & any racket that have smell of speed rarely fit my mind. Feel like im missing something.

7. justplaynow77

ATK does not smell of speed... They have another one called JPX LTD.. Speed :p

My racket history in a nutshell: Carbosonic 79 (first time knowing Mizuno - I still consider this one of best value considering the price), Prototype X2 (good power for a balanced racket, good speed for a 3U racket but it is a bit "boring" to play.. maybe not enough feedback to the hand), Technix 1.2 (another good racket but a bit too light - cant 'gel' enough with me), JPX CX (too light at 4U and as some has pointed out here the handle is odd), Altius 01 Feel (this one has the best power and feel so far with exception of the harder racket to play for beginner).

Non Mizuno: Yonex Nanoflare 700 (Good power for a 4U racket - if this one is a 3U racket I might not end up buying Altius and JPX LTD. My racket of choice before Altius 01 Feel), Li-Ning Calibar 900 (not bad, but as beginner I find it hard to work with - worse than Altius, or maybe I have improved since :p).

8. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

What do you think about Fortius 10 Quick?

9. justplaynow77

Never played with it... I am kind of taking a break from 4U rackets. Plus someone here mentioned that it's not really a beginner racket... Plus the price.. I used my budget for Altius 01 Feel already :p

10. robinc

robinc Regular Member

#2150 robinc, Feb 6, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2020
    -Silver- likes this.
  11. -Silver-

-Silver- Regular Member

Engineer
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Quick update on this. I've tried it a couple of times, around 3 hours total on court. The summary is simple: It's a great racket, but it can't do anything that other rackets in my bag are not able to do. And that's why I've sold it already.

Overall it's a fast frame with good feel and feedback, the balance is dead even imo, the shaft is rather stiff (a tad stiffer than N7II, slightly less than JS10) so it performs really well on snappy shots like drives or stick smashes. The sweet spot is big and overall it's an easy to play racket. And hands down, the looks are sensational. However, if you're already used to similar spec'd rackets like N7II/N9II or even JS10/11 then it will be hard to get that "wow moment". Cause let's face it - once you're comparing different rackets at that level, there won't be many of those wow-moments in general that are really coming from the racket. It all comes down to finding a rackets that suits your swing style and way of playing the game.

On a side note - I've reactivated my trusted JS10 during the previous session and.... what the hell?!?.... I was blown away by it. I haven't used for close to 2 years and I literally forgot how unrealistically quick and snappy it is. And it was still wearing a 2+ years old string job, mind you.

But back to the JPX LTD. If you're looking for an even balanced, stiff'ish racket with in fact no clear weakness and stunning looks, then the JPX LTD is clearly to be considered. The build quality was impressive, so Mizuno clearly is to be considered as serious alternative for the future. Now they only need to manage to enter the market globally... :rolleyes:

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

this is what i fear of JPX LTD. Not much weight to satisfy my feeling. Glad i havent fall for the hype on the review. Dont want to make the same mistake like when i get myself AVP.:oops:

14. boby

boby Regular Member

what is your main racket? based on your weights measurement looks similar with my ex- ax88d 4u,

when you compare jpx ltd with n7ii/n9ii which is 3U weight categories. or js10 (if it's 4u). i could imagine the feel of jpx ltd without hold it :p

15. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

I switch mainly between N9II and N80II these days. I don't know the AX88D that well, so I can't make a comparison there I'm afraid. The numbers could be close to the 4U one though.

I actually do fully believe the super positive reviews in here. If the spec suits you and anyone really clicks with it, I'm sure you'll be super happy with it. The problem I have is just that I have a bunch of rackets in the bag already that I know will do the job equally well overall. And honestly, I just don't need another one that doesn't stand out of that mass in any significant area. I don't want to become a collector.

16. Budi

Budi Regular Member

no...:D it was mean to myself.
    Im kinda interest for JPX LTD, but really doubt myself if i would like it. Then you mention even balance which is the thing im worried. Im a sledge hammer lovers & i destroy my opponent with 1 big nuke rather than rain the opponent with fast rapid bullet. I guest i will pass the JPX:(

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Based on that statement only, I highly doubt that the JPX LTD will be a racket for you. So my personal opinion, I think your plan to skip it is correct. Better watch out for an Adidas Wucht P8 or anything similar. :)

18. Budi

Budi Regular Member

is there Mizuno racket that is heavy hammer racket? 3U, 300+BP, stiff 4/5, mainly satisfying for its raw power?

See quite good offer for TK9000 & N99.
    N99 had a nice gold color & design but not much hype on it nor good review.
    TK9000 pretty much close to my current TK770. But i already had Victor, should i get another Victor again... :D... Maybe other brand like Mizuno :p

19. adjohardi

adjohardi New Member

Hey guys, I'm planning on getting a JPX ltd, do you recommend getting an extra stiff one? I mainly play doubles and prefer to play at the backcourt.

20. BalajiSethuraman

BalajiSethuraman Regular Member

If ur swing is strong enough to bend the extra stiff shall then definitely go for it. It’s a weapon!!! Otherwise the normal stiff version will do most of ur options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk