Mizuno Badminton 2017

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by pizzaboi, Jan 14, 2016.

1. surge

surge Regular Member

The print on the shaft is batch. Serial no. Is a hologram sticker on the cone.. I have 2 jpx. Ltd. Both sports #182. So it can't be serial number. But I did notice the hologram stickers sporting different numbers. Just that I can't remember it's on the cone or beneath the original grip.

2. huynhvinhthang

huynhvinhthang Regular Member

Please help, I am thinking of buying a second hand fortius 10, but I don't know how to assess for authenticity of the racket, anyone can give me some pointers?

3. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Honestly it's the same as assessing any high end racket. Look at the paint work. Butt cap details. Printed font. Engraving font. I unfortunately can't provide you with reference pictures.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

4. luke_amateur

luke_amateur New Member

Hi guys,
    I'm playing with a JPX 8.5, love it, solid feel. I'm looking for a backup racquet with same feeling as JPX 8.5: Stiff, 295mm balance.

I tend to go for a JPX CX Edition, does it has same feel like JPX 8.5 ? Please advise.

Hemanth Hariharan likes this.
  5. surge

surge Regular Member

I have the jpx Ltd. On paper they seemed all the same but 1g difference. (8.5@86g and ltd@87g)
    I removed the original grip and added abt 2 g just below the cone. Racket is just too light.. Feels empty when swinging. Previous I was using gosen gungnir beta and arc 11. Maybe is the change to aeroframe (1/2only) and swing is too fast. I find it easy to clear than before but smashes not as hard like before.
    Mind sharing you experience with the 8.5?
    It should be very very similar to Ltd based on specs.

6. surge

surge Regular Member

Have anyone encounter fake mizuno rackets? Fake lining and yonex plentiful.. But fake mizuno? Too small a market to fake it right

7. Budi

Budi Regular Member

quite similar to my AVP.
    Used to 3U head heavy racket. Currently use 3U TK770HTi (99gr, 304 or 306 BP:p. I forgot, its been a while i measure it).
    When i got my AVP (94gr, 295 BP), it definitely swing faster but feel really hollow & powerless to me when smashing. Do some customize with Victor powerizer, add 2 pcs tape on 10 & 2 clock each & 1 tape on 4 & 8 clock each. BP increase to 302, which add some punching but still not close enough compare to my AVP & still feel hollow.

Got interest on JPX LTD ATK but still doubt on it. As you experience something similar to me, i guest my decision to skip JPX is good choice i guest:D

8. surge

surge Regular Member

Play 2 hours singles today with the jpx Ltd. 1st off the qc I think is terrible. Exact same setup. But 1 racket just feel lighter. And I added abt 2grams just below cone before wrapping grip. Both definitely less that 87 grams. Felt like 4u. Both rackets.
    Clear was good. But smash is a different story. Don tget the power as expect based on how easy the Clears were. Racket don't feel solid. Quite hollow actually. Going to add another gram of lead on the head later. I got them 2nd hand.. 2for usd140. Both in like new condition. If I were to pay new price. I would be deeply disappointed with them. For the price I pay. They are OK.

9. luke_amateur

luke_amateur New Member

I play doubles. With playing style focusing on defense, fast drive and quick smash. Sometimes full smash but not many.

I prefer fast racquets and JPX 8.5 can serve it well. JPX frame is familiar to me as I used to play with Victor BS12.

Overall JPX 8.5 is a good racquet for doubles
    Defense: easily, fast swing, no vibration
    Drive: perfect, fast and accurate
    Clear: easily, either for attack clear or defense clear
    Drop: fair enough. But you can feel the lack of power in your drop due to its low head weight. Make it hard to perform some deceptive drops.
    Half-smash or Stick smash: really good as you can control the racquet head easily.
    Full smash: fast travel shuttle. But lack of power.

Airputih likes this.
  10. surge

surge Regular Member

Had the jpx Ltd for 1 week. Used them on 3 hrs doubles game and 2 hr singles game. Sold them both. Too light the rackets though its quite powerful. Main reason for sale.... QC. had 2 same racket with same setup and one swings way lighter than the other. Prefer to have multiple same racket to minimise adjustments when switching rackets. These same racket also needs adjustment. So sold them

11. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

In advanced games, it's not that simple.
    What we mean conquer the SW is that you have to push the head speed over the threshold in a very short time.
    In most cases, we don't use long swing. In such cases, recovery is not a problem.
    Since you can 0-100 in 0.1 sec, you shall be able to 100-0 in 0.1 sec.

12. adjohardi

adjohardi New Member

Hey guys, I just recently found out that the f10 p/q has a maximum string tension of 27, is it the same kind that ahsan and hendra uses? Seeing how most pros string their racket at at least 28 lbs.

13. Budi

Budi Regular Member

the thing is sponsored player dont have to worry about warranty at all. They can strung any racket given to them at whatever tension they prefer & even if they broke ton of it, they still get replacement.
    Another story for us, we can strung it over the limit & im pretty sure it will survive 1 or 2 hard games but when eventually you broke it, you need to buy again & no warranty for you.

14. Iwan Pandin

Iwan Pandin Regular Member

Have anyone played with Fortius 30 Power? Any thoughts of the racket?

15. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

I've been using Fortius series around 30~31 lbs & they are totally OK for about 2 years.

16. surge

surge Regular Member

racket specified tension is usually much lower that what it really can take. only lining tends to specify above 30lbs.

yonex use to rate their rackets as 18-24lbs...and i always string at 28-29 without problems at all.

17. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Yonex always play safe as per usual with 27-28 tension & only for few selected racket they allow 35 like in DG series.
    If you want high tension, Apacs play rather risky with 35 lbs on most of their product.
    The others kinda play in between with 30-31 lbs.

Anyway you could string racket beyond its spec. As long its not in extreme way it would be fine, but keep in mind you would burn your warranty for that. Well accident might happen & production fault might also happen. We wouldnt know if we get defect product or not.

18. surge

surge Regular Member

i sold my 2 jpx red ltd and got a lining woods n90ii. i am not a fan of lining. the rackets are really expensive. this has always been my thinking. but lately as i browsed thru used racket threads, i realised if bought used, there are pretty good price.

anyway after using the n90ii for 3 sessions. i find that i have got used to it and loved it for both ower and accuracy. with the jpx, on hard smashes it felt weird, its like the racket head is bouncing back. so much so that i have looked at the racket many times after smashing thinking if i hve broken something. No..nothing. and placement wise it isnt the best too with the jpx, they felt hollow and extremely light though stated at 87grams

anyway, mizuno rackets are also really expensive too..esp those that current pro players are using. for me, i just buy discounted one like a generation and not the latest rackets for lining. price is quite decent.

btw i am in singapore. If any of you are staying in singapore and have regular groups that you play. would like the opportunity to play with you guys too. its always good to play with different players. always something to learn.

19. Dekkert

Dekkert Regular Member

Hi, anyone who has experience with the new JPX LTD Attack? Can you compare it with a Yonex model that is most similar? As Yonex models I am most familiar with. I personally like Duora ZS. A bit more head heavy than DZS is also ok. Victor SW35 I use mostly for singles.
    I assume the JPX LTD Attack can handle 32 lbs BG80 without a problem?

Oh, and I play mostly doubles and mix. Attacking style of play.

Thanks in advance.

20. Coolkas

Coolkas Regular Member

JPX Ltd and Ltd Attack are the same racket with different colour, dont believe other **** talk
    Quality control is so bad that the weight of racket can be very different,my old jpx ltd(stiff 3u 87gr version) got 86gr which is good, but my ltd attack now is 84gr and ive got a friend that got around 89gr so you might want to check it at the store
    It doesnt feel as heavy as DZS at all, much faster, less power , more user friendly , lighter , far from DZS Stiffness, it feels a bit hollow if you compare it to DZS which is one of the most solid feeling racket and give a good feedback from my experience, not saying ltd feels hollow, it does feel solid, but its not on DZS level
    I think the closest from yonex would be Arc11 or Duo10? but those 2 rackets still feel different tho from jpx
    The most similar racket with jpx i think probably is N7ii