Malaysian Open Quarter Finals

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005' started by KourKK, Jul 7, 2005.

1. indo_gal

indo_gal Regular Member

student duh~
    but sadly we don't have any proof to say that ya...

2. hunghing

hunghing Regular Member

i believe wat happen inside china camp is like this...
    they will follow wat their coach says..if he says withdraw, they have to do it..
    if any players dont follow, he can easily get him out of the national team since china has so many potential player waiting to get listed in the team..

3. Badmincraze

Badmincraze Regular Member

well, u know i know... WE KNOW :cool:

4. indo_gal

indo_gal Regular Member

student duh~
    so other player don have the chance to perform and earn points...

5. magical_phoenix

magical_phoenix Regular Member

Well, Li Yong Bo said it and that settled it.. Still, all the Chinese players really deserve the world ranks they get (if not better). Whatever it is, I only have one thing to say to them: 中国队,加油!!!

6. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

not jumping in defense of the chn team, no matter what they do, as long as the internal matches don't end according to 'expectation', there'll surely be lots shoutings of 'match fixing'.. thn again, how much do we know? i believe the golden rule shd always be 'innocent till proven guilty and not the other way round'...

do other teams 'practice' the same tactic? apparantly no, really no?? rather, do they have the opportunity of doing the same? if thrs other country as dominant as chn, who knows... for now, only chn has the strength with so many good players hence the luxury of 'match fixing'..

as to many good chn players running away because of the unfairness of such 'ruling', really?? not because they were relegated to B, or C team hence the lack of opportunity to perform?

let's stick to the game instead of raising the issue of match fixing every single time whn chn is involved.. let's enjoy the game.. ;)

peace....

7. Steven

Steven Regular Member

Do anyone snap some photo of the QF match today. Please post it. TQ!!!!!!!!!!

:)

8. indo_gal

indo_gal Regular Member

student duh~
    anyway... no matter wad a person may support a different team but we still have to respect their decision...

9. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Bernama article

Chong Wei Sweeps Past Taufik To Enter Semis

KUALA LUMPUR, July 8 (Bernama) -- Malaysian number one and defending champion Lee Chong Wei created a pleasant upset by beating favourite Taufik Hidayat of Indonesia to advance into the semi-finals of the Malaysian Open at the Kuala Lumpur Badminton Stadium here Friday night.

Chong Wei's superb display of speed and aggression saw him winning 15-5, 15-0, handing Taufik one of the most embarrassing defeats of his career.

After winning the first set 15-5 with relative ease, Chong Wei used his jumping smashes to good effect and made Taufik chase shadows on numerous occasions in the second whilst the packed stadium cheered on.

The Indonesian, who came here fresh from winning the Singapore Open last week, was a pale shadow of himself and looked lethargic, especially in the second set, failing to exert himself to make returns.

With the win, Chong Wei, the fourth seed, will meet Bao Chung Lai of China.

Meanwhile, world number one and top seed Lin Dan of China did not have to lift the racket to make the semi-finals as his opponent Chen Hong conceded a walkover due to a recurrence of his back injury after Thursday's win over Indonesian Sony Dwi Kuncoro.

Chong Wei's joy was, however, overshadowed by Hafiz Hashim's exit after losing to Danish player Peter Gade Christensen in three sets.

Hafiz, who lost the first set 10-15, staged a spirited fightback to take the second set 15-12 but ran out of steam in the third to lose 5-15.

In another all-Chinese quarter-final encounter, Bao Chunlai defeated Chen Jin 15-8, 15-7 in straight sets to advance.

Meanwhile, in the women's singles, unseeded Li Li of Singapore continued her superb form with an easy 11-9, 11-4 win over Japan's Yu Hirayama to advance into the semi-finals.

Li Li, who upset top seed Xie Xingfang in the first round, will meet Zhu Lin of China who beat compatriot Lu Lan 11-9, 11-6 to book her berth.

Yao Jie of the Netherlands also made it to the semi-finals after beating German Xu Huaiwen 8-11, 11-3, 11-9 in three sets while second seed Zhang Ning stamped her mark with a 11-1, 11-4 victory over Japan's Kaori Mori.

-- BERNAMA

Much more accurate reporting from Bernama. Rajes Paul from "The Star" take note, you have made many silly errors before. Please read http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=25099

#169 wl2172, Jul 8, 2005
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2005
  10. *~Taufik~*

*~Taufik~* Regular Member

so it's a comfirmation that taufik's 2nd set is a 0-15?

11. Badmincraze

Badmincraze Regular Member

so it's really 15-0 :(

12. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

omg.. that sure is one embarrasing defeat.. i remember he (taufik) lost to lin dan in ABC 2001 2-15, 3-15... unbelievable...

13. SE1992

SE1992 Regular Member

I am so, so happy that Steven Gerrard has signed up for another two years...........ooops wrong forum.

I mean I am so, so happy that Lee Chong Wei won....yeah!!!!

14. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    wow..... this is abit late..... but i just found out LCW gave taufik the duck.

amazing things happen when im away........... hmmmph.

cheers

8man

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Taufik's continuous playing before WC..

Hmm, i thought Taufik(along with LinDan) will be playing in the upcoming Asia vs. Europe tournament later in Phillippines(after Malaysian Open)...Could this be the case, he's saving up his energy for that tournament..Boy, hope he(and the coach) knows what he's doing and has enough energy to play there and hope he doesn't injure himself, exerting so much energy playing in 3 straight tournaments...Heard he already ran out of gas in the Malaysian Open??...:p.

It'll be sad if he gets injured, in that "mind-boggling" tourney, playing against Europe's "2nd and 3rd tiered" players, and won't attend or can't play in the WC..Hope this is not a "setup", resting the other top 7-8 MS players, and making LinDan and Taufik work and play...
    I might sound a bit selfish here, but the WC is only a month away and he needs as much rest and practice as he can..Oh well, i guess they're doing it for the money... :rolleyes:

16. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Next time....count your chickens after they hatch. Taufik was handed a duck :)

17. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Haha, I can tell people Taufiik is just 5 points better than me. :D :D :D For sure if I play Lee CW, the score will deinitely be 0-15 0-15. Taufik is just 5 points better. Just kidding. :D :D :D

18. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    I went!!! Amazing. Just amazing. My first 'international' tournament that I went for in my life...

The atmosphere was *wow*.

Of course.. only idiots like me forget to bring my camera.

And I was supposed to go down with my coach to see the games from the 'ground' level, the ones where only certain people are allowed. Due to some miscommunication I didn't know about this.. and sat with the other audience till nearly the end. Reached at 6.30pm, left at 11.45pm.

Taufik seemed rather slow when he played. He hardly stretched for certain shots. Some people said that he was drunk till 4am last night, but we don't know how true that is. But if it's true, it explains why he was slow today.

The other matches were frustrating. Malaysian players, that is. Hafiz lost to Gade in a rubber set.. the women doubles lost in straight sets, and Chan/Koo lost too.

The most frustrating match was Tan/Ong against the 2 China players. They had the lead 12-6 in the rubber set. They were on the attacking side most of the time. But they couldn't kill the shuttle! They tapped and tapped and smashed and smashed but the shuttle couldn't die. And they cleared quite a few shots out. Really sad. It was the last match, everyone was watching. Perhaps they felt the pressure.

Still, it was a fantastic day.:D

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Actually we have already started the process by importing foreign talents and starting our own sports school. We do have our own Kendrick Lee who was the runner-up in the World Junior Championships 2002.

It is not that Singapore lacked the badminton talents in the young age-group such as Li Li's when we first brought her here. We do have good potentials and with the inception of the sports school, we are now able to entice them with parental consent to study in this special school. As with most Chinese parents, the paper-chase comes first, therefore they are the ones who decide what their children will do. Happily this has changed somewhat in Singapore and I hope we will see many more sports talents being admitted into the ss.

It is not easy to maintain one's dominant position in sports. It will be a matter of time before others catch up. So even for China, it can't remain still and be happy with what it is doing now for then other countries will soon be able to match and even surpass it.

Talking about swimming, we have an ex-Olympic swimmer who is now at the pinnacle of our sports administration pyramid. But this gentleman is able to mix studies with swimming during his student days. Who says studies and sports do not mix and does not pay? :D

20. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c

my thinking is different but i do agree with you on some parts.

2 matches: all chinese affair..... obviously easy passages for china players into the semis.

Gade Vs Hashim, and Taufik Vs Lee Chong Wei

who ever won between the taufik vs LCW match... 1 thing is certain..... the winner will face a fresh china player in the semi.

plus! LCW is the defending champ and playing in front of homecrowd. this means LCW is sure to give 110%
    if taufik did beat LCW..... taufik would be easy prey in the next round.
    and for a man like taufik..... semifinal isnt good enuff to motivate him.

cheers

8man

ps. not taking anything away from LCW! MALAYSIA BOLEH!