Malaysian Open Quarter Finals

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2005 / Malaysia Open 2005' started by KourKK, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Treker

Treker Regular Member

That's why you like to see a match, not w/o, right?

2. kevin&sandy

kevin&sandy Regular Member

taufik already showing signs of not fighting back at the end of the 1st set. he was slow and not attacking LCW. LCW was playing very well and showed the same form when he trashed shoji sato during the Sudirman Cup.

3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hmm, I read from an interview (somewhere in BF) that taufik was feeling great after taking SG open MS title and has a goal to bag a win from either SG or MAL open before going to the WC.

4. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

Malaysians are relatively well-off nowadays, I think we can afford US5 to watch a match. I found your comment that US5 may be beyond us rather unfortunate. :)

5. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    what you say only simply show you are jealous of china team's success.

6. SmartCivet

SmartCivet Regular Member

SOFTWARE ENGINEER
    you say what i want to say!

7. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

I believe that what the important issue here is for the supporters and viewers who pay good money to watch a semi/quarter/final match, and they want to see a titanic struggle, with brilliant shots and amazing skills on display... so walkovers, whether because of giving your teammate a rest or whatever... is of course dissapointing for the other competing professionals, but more so for the supporters, whom without their support we would have no tournaments...

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    but if a player is indeed injured, will the game be interesting?

perfect example, LeeCW vs. Taufik. Taufik was apparently injured as reported above, but he still played, and the score was 15-5 / 15-0, was that game interesting?

9. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

Good Point, you cant tell whether a player is really injured or just giving up when he concedes a walkover... but either way.. i feel that his concience should know the truth, as we can only assume.. But About LeeCW vs Taufik, That might not have been interesting to the fans, but im sure the fans applaud Taufik Hidayat for his commitment to the game, and for his dedication to his fans, and the will to never say die.

10. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    if badminton gets kicked out of the olympics due to attitude, it will not be due to the attitude of the players/teams, but instead the attitude of the supporters like yourself. if whenever there are any injuries or poorly played matches, the whole world goes in and blindly blamed it as match-fixing without verifying the facts, we will give badminton a very bad image due to all these unsubstantiated rumors and accusations.

11. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    yes. agree. we should not throw in blind accusations. we must verify the facts first. it is easy to blame, but difficult to justify.

i doubt it, it was home game for LeeCW. ;)

12. KourKK

KourKK Regular Member

hahah.. true true :D .. but you never know with malaysian fans.. as im sure they have let down our sporting teams before, such as in the last edition of the Tiger Cup, Malaysia Played indonesia in the Quarterfinals, they played in the national stadium at bukit jalil, but yet, there were more indonesian fans in the crowd (if you can call it that)

13. sunzhi

sunzhi Regular Member

trust me, playing one more match would not have much effect on the chinese players, if the stamina or conserving energy is your concern :)
    this happen more often to the chn players because they are there all the time, because of their domination, agree??

14. DaN_fAn

DaN_fAn Regular Member

I know!let's stop that there.why,even if we have had all been there to watch the match we could n'tell whether he really had an injury or no.so,how can we sit a thousand miles away and comment??Benefit of doubt should go to Chen Hong[who according to me would not do a thing like that]

I will confess one thing though, i am no fan of all chinese finals!

15. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    could it be related to the world ranking?

looks to me he doesnt want to be in the same pool as Lin Dan.

16. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    The only way to make sure you're not in the same half as Lin Dan (assuming Lin Dan will be world #1), is to be world #2.

17. belfastnole2

belfastnole2 Regular Member

of course we cannot jump to conclusions because we do not know the facts however how many times has a chinese player withdrawn through injury against a NON chinese player compared with a compatriot -i believe that statistically the FACTS are overwhelming -you can draw your own conclusions

18. uluh dayak

uluh dayak Regular Member

his back? iheard it was his abdomen. he strained some muscle or whatever it is in the first round against a japanese player. but he managed to beat 1 more player before beaten by LCW. if its true, we should bow 4 this kind of sportmanship. all the way to the last drop of muggle blood.
    But its also stupid, WC is just a few months away.he should,ve rest. not like he hassomething to prove right?

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Yah, agree...BTW, the World Championship is next month already, not "a few months away"...That's why if he's playing in the upcoming "Asia vs. Europe" tournament in the Phillippines, that'll even further delay his recovery....gud knows why??... :rolleyes:

20. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    this will be a light game for him. He may not play the game seriously.