very good comment abt taufik :)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2006' started by taufik-ist, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

No confusion

I understand your input about paradigm.It's clear but requires more thinking than what is required of usual posts. Thanks for enlightening.

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Oh, i hope this is not a sign of what's to come..

..cooler, surprised you're able to find that pic..hehehe;):p :D :cool:
    Anyways, looking at the pic of Taufik carrying somekind of relay torch and being *followed* by most likely a mob of government people, i really hope it's not a sign of what's to come next after Taufik retires..It kinda brings a chill on my skin...Ever since he won the OG and the WC, the Indonesian people have made him into somekind of an "icon"...Maybe he'll get a seat in the KONI?? or maybe PBSI?? or even...............as the Indonesian President?!?!..gasp..:eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :p :D ;)

#102 ctjcad, Oct 30, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  3. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    cooler, I should agree for your critical thinking. However, I didn't really mean that basing your opinion with good reasoning and facts will make it become the real truth. But, at least it will be a lot closer to the truth. It will stand on a much stronger ground than just basing your opinion with your own paradigm (your own value and vanity).

about your sample:
    at that time, man were trying to find the truth by using both facts and reasoning. However, the man failed to provide a good enough reasoning. It's the fact that sun rises from the east and sets in the west. The man tried to find a reason for that circumstances. The man came up with the idea that the sun spinned around the earth. However, the man failed to notice that his reason is not good enough. Because, the reverse could also reasonably happen that is the earth spins around the sun. The reverse could also reasonably explain why the sun rises from the east and sets in the west.
    Not good enough reasoning --> get the man further from the truth.

4. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

Ack!! I really didn't mean to compare Taufik to John McEnroe (now everyone is talking about it)! They're nothing alike I was merely trying to point out that one person cannot ruin a sport :).

5. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    pjswift, I really thank you for appreciating my input:). You have my respect for spending a bit of your time giving more thought on it.

6. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..maybe Taufik's already had it with winning...maybe he prefers to and doesn't mind keep losing now, but instead he will plan ahead of time :
    1. when
    2. where and
    3. how he will lose...making it unpredictable & creative for people watching??..hmm:rolleyes: :confused: :p :mad: :D :(

7. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Of course, they are nothing alike. It is only a simile to compare the two personalites who are unpredicatable and exhibit recalcitrance.

You are right he cannot ruin the sport. In fact, he is promoting the sport. There is now more to badminton than just LD winning.
    ;););)

8. Monster

Monster Regular Member

I love this thread. I can even see some with terrorist traits... I wonder if any of them play badminton....

9. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    cooler, I really have to say that I'm a bit disappointed with your opinion above. From every word u say, it seems that u totally disrespect TH...I understand that some fans who are too obssesed at him are annoying, and probably u got disappointed by TH's attitude...still u can't hate TH that much until u just totally blind yourself. grow up dude..:(

Now, we all know that TH is an exciting player NOT JUST because of the fans' claim and the excuses. TH definitely has one of the best all round technique in the world of badminton. keep in mind that it doesn't mean that TH is the greatest player...because the greatest player wins the most of the match like Lin Dan (that's why he's number one).

Many facts support that TH is the world's best natural player. TH's whole body coordinaiton to execute a technique is nearly perfect. That's why the resulting techniques are good. TH can execute nearly perfect half smashes behind his body perfectly. We know that his net technique is awesome. we also know that he has an amazing backhand. we also know that he has powerful smashes.
    Therefore, ANYONE who loves badminton is STRONGLY recommmended to watch how TH played his badminton.

The only reason why I just wrote so much facts based positive things on TH is:
    In order to open your eyes a bit, don't just view TH from your own paradigm based on your own personal feelings..:(;)

#109 ssuly, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    That is why even the Chinese regard Taufik as a badminton prodigy, but that doesn't mean they approve of his attitude. Even some Indonesian officials are pissed off by his attitude.

11. JasonMichael

JasonMichael Regular Member

IT consultant
    Ssuly, thanks for the input. This is just what I need to play better badminton today regardless of winning all the time. Before, I used to think I had to win all the time. but that was years ago. Now I just appreciate the game's finer points. I just wanted to point this out in this forum but people keep shooting me down. enough said, before I get shot down again.

Jason.

12. kemana

kemana Regular Member

I appreciate ssuly's posts very much too;)
    hope you enjoy your games :)

13. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    I just can't resist to say that you have the best explanation of all these paradigms, opinions, and facts stuff... they just seem to contradict with my old university textbooks on philiosophy... Maybe that's a U.S and Canada thing again.:p

Anyways, with your incredible thinking system... I wouldn't be surprised that if you are "truly" living in the U.S, then you must have voted for "Bush" as president.:p:eek:

14. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    This makes me rofl, and lmao...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

"TH's diehard fans are exclusive to the above bolded statement".:p

I am sure if BC forum does not have such straight rules, this thread would have already turned out to be the biggest flame war of internet forum's history.:p

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

No, we are not judging him *negatively*, exclusively..

..ssuly, thanks again for your input...sorry, for snipping rest of post for brevity..;)
    Hmm, I think most of us, incl. cooler, have a pretty reasonable and objective point of view on Taufik. That is we take both the positive *and* the negative things that Taufik has exposed. I'm sure if other players do the same things like what Taufik did, there will be similar reactions to their behaviors.
    Sure, he has positive things, but you also can't ignore his negative things...I think that's what cooler, virusvoodoo, even myself and others are trying to get across...;):) :cool:

16. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    ctjcad, thanks for your reply..:) honestly, after reading their posts, some of these ANTI-TH'DIEHARD FANS didn't really react the way you think they did, no where near...:( If you want the facts, I can easily point out some of those biased provocative posts...:(
    Interestingly, some of these ANTI-TH'DIEHARD FANS react exactly like TH'DIEHARD FANS...JUST IN AN OPPOSITE VIEW!

This is the reason why..
    TH'DIEHARD FANS behaves rather extremely by praises TH like hell, they find excuses for TH, they only view TH from the positive side...
    As a reaction to the extreme circumstances above..
    ANTI-TH'DIEHARD FANS came up to the surface...
    AND SOME of these ANTI-TH'DIEHARD FANS just did the extreme reverse, they only view TH from the negative side... they tend to disrespect TH...

and the most important thing is...THE truth said by those pros and cons is highly in doubt...their opinion are mostly biased! not based on a good reasoning and enough facts!
    Therefore, TH surely doesn't deserve some of those claims made by TH'DIEHARD FANS and ANTI-TH'DIEHARD FANS!!:cool:;)

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hehe, I think we just completed a full circle here..

ssuly, thanks again for the input(rest of your post snipped for brevity)...Well, this statement says it all...In a way, I think if you put all those rebuttals by the THDF(Taufik's diehard fans) and ATHDF, i think we can somewhat agree they might be slightly exaggerated, but i'm sure their arguments have some facts/validity behind it(i'm sure you know what those facts are)...Hence you see all those rebuttals/opinions by both sides, even neutral ones..;)
    Essentially everything has 2 sides, as there can't be all positives or all negatives...And in a way, this is kind of a "never ending argument"..:rolleyes: :p :D :cool: ;)

#117 ctjcad, Oct 31, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2006
  18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hey ssuly, we not anti-TH fans, we are just realists trying to contain diehard TH fan's overflowing bubbly euphoric expression, like u guys on some kind of upper (a stimulant drug :p) , about TH. :D Even TH fans have said TH doesn't care much about what people view about him, so why the over appreciation?

19. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    ctjcad, I'm exactly in the same mind as you that this argument is a "never ending argument". Both pros and cons seem to develop basicly from the same natural circumstances, therefore, they should not even have to blame each other. At last, this argument should never exist.

However,
    as humans we can't afford not to have this kind of pros and cons arguments. As we can't control this kind of naturally born argument, the only thing we can do is to find something meaningful out of it.

Although this argument seems to be never ending and meaningless, we could find it meaningful if we look at the BIGGER IDEAL PICTURE. No matter how much the pros and cons talk about their ideas, they will cancel out each other in a bigger picture. If the process of cancelling out those opposite views is ideal (exactly same domination from the pros and cons), then the truth can be revealed between them.;)

The only reason why I wrote my posts in this thread is just because I'm really worried that the ANTI-TH'S DIEHARD FANS have dominated too much. Because of this, we're getting further away from the truth about TH.:(;)

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Please show us the way to happiness, and enlightened us with your "Taufik bible".:crying::crying:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.