very good comment abt taufik :)

Discussion in 'World Cup 2006' started by taufik-ist, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ssuly

ssuly Regular Member

student
    The more facts and sound reasoning support an opinion, the closer that opinion of becoming the real truth.

Yes, I'm completely aware that HKO is not the only incident which TH disappointed badminton spectators. I just picked the big one for my example.;)

ctjcad, actually I don't really know the disciplinary act/warning given by the BWF council...what kind of conduct does the council expect TH to do? to what extent?

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..re your last inquiry, you can go to this thread & find out all abt it:
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=441534#post441534 (wonder if PBSI is gutsy enough to hand down that kind of action to him??)...:rolleyes::p
    ..abt the HK Open incident and his recent other behaviors in this yr's calendar, those were not the only ones he *ever* did either..He also did roughly similar behaviors in the past, prior to him winning the OG and WC....:p :( ;)

#82 ctjcad, Oct 30, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2006
  3. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u got real fact/truth and opinions mixed up.
    Even at 100% opinion is not a fact or a truth.
    Even with sound reasoning it only give u a theory.

here are some samples:
    not too long ago, man believed the earth is flat, the sun spins around the earth. Are these are facts, the truth, or just opinions?

So far, your beliefs on TH are based on no facts, just opinions, shakey at best.

#83 cooler, Oct 30, 2006
  4. Treker

Treker Regular Member

Get Rid of IBF Is The Only Solution

Wow, “Terrorist”…”not from same world”… I am glad we are not soccer fans :)

All the arguments from both sides here seem to ignore one of most important facts: badminton is a ‘pro’ (not a very popular) sports and it is running by an organization instead of an enterprise. Until that day when it’s running by ‘evil and greed’ corporation, we will continue to see tops players giving up matches just like TH did (we have had many arrogant or bad temper tennis players, did anyone dare to quit or walk off so easily?). And we will continue to hear Americans asking us “oh, badminton…, is that one we play in the back yard?”…

No fans no sports. There are all kinds or types of fans for each sport. Who would say the ones have most critics on TH were not TH’s loyal fans? Who would dare to criticize Deco Manadona in front of Argentines (you know how bad he got)? There are more TH fans in Chinese national team than anyone else’s fans … The fact is that we all love or loved TH, but he is damaging the sports right now. And for 90% of normal badminton fans around world, we like to watch a great match and we deserve to watch it if we pay the tickets. But TH is not main one to be blamed. IBF is (who should we sue if you want your money back).

So still the same point, instead of arguing with each other so hard, think about a way to enterprise badminton sport if you have money and time, a way to get rid of IBF…

5. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Name-wise, yes...but still..

Treker, thanks for your input....BTW, re how to "get rid of IBF", hmm i thought they've changed the name to BWF now(but still the same old bodies of people in there)??..:rolleyes: :p ;) :D

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i can agree with that.
    Being an outsider, my view on TH is less emotional to cloud my judgement.

Actually it doesn't concern me whether TH play good or bad on any particular day or tournaments. My gripe was (as stated in other threads) TH is or could potentially ruining badminton and yes, IBF is too soft or indecisive on TH behavior. PBSI bending over for TH dosen't help either. Money grease the sports and if badminton isn't giving out a good show, fans wane and sponsorship, marketing, tv, go bye bye. Diehard TH fans are not enough to convince the money people to put their money in. Surely these money people don't see walkout and half effort performance as 'arts' no matter how much taufik fans like it.

#86 cooler, Oct 30, 2006
  7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    There is one thing I think we all agree on and that is Taufik is very news-worthy, whether for the right or wrong reason. Looked at from this, Taufik is in a unique way promoting the game of badminton!;)

8. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

I don't think diehard Taufik fans actually like it when Taufik walks out or gives little effort. They like to pretend they do in defence of Taufik :p. They just don't want to accept that he has faults like every other normal human :rolleyes:.

But Taufik ruining Badminton is a bit extreme... one man can't ruin a sport. Did John McEnroe "ruin" Tennis? I don't think so. Tennis is as successful as ever. I think if anything Taufik attracts more viewers to the sport. He certainly causes a lot of hmm how to put it... excitement? Debate? Drama? Perhaps all of those. Whether it's right or wrong you can't deny it makes things very interesting.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

ok, a bit extreme;) badminton is bigger than just 1 person. BWF trying hard to attract tv network, even changing the scoring system to make the match duration 'more predictable'. Then come TH walking out a match and then call off another most anticipated match (against LD) match due to 'injury'. How's that for programming scheduling?

Yes, it seem TH does makes news but i think only because his behavior is new to this gentlemen sports, ie, a novelty. Imagine if we have similar taufiks for china, denmark, and malaysia, then we won't be a novelty. BWF will have a nervous breakdown. One cannot compare McEnroe t taufik, McEnroe argue line calls and play on, taufik argue line calls and walk off. McEnroe do care generally what the fans think about him, taufik as even their fans have said, don't care.

Back injury, what back injury? Oh look, TH is getting some much needed fitness training:p

Attached Files:

• th.jpg
      th.jpg
      File size:
      76.9 KB
      Views:
    #89 cooler, Oct 30, 2006
  10. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Taufik is the Maradona of badminton

All said and done, Taufik is the Maradona of Badminton in Indonesia or even the world.

He had stirred controversies; he had acted differently in defiance of norms in badminton, and he had displayed bad behaviours all his badminton life so far.

Is he bad for badminton ? I think otherwise - it is perhaps even good to have everyone talking about him and looking forward to his next appearance to see whether something even more draconian would happen, e.g. taking the umpires to tasks or slamming his racket or perhaps (on his good days), winning the next prestigious tournament.

He is irrational; he is unpredictable; he is a recalcitrant, and he is coming to the next tournament near you !:p He is great !

11. indra

indra Regular Member

Agree...agreee...agreee

12. cooler

cooler Regular Member

- it seem so are his fans too:p

- he's coming, coming, coming,.....gone!:D
    don't blink or you'll miss him:p

#92 cooler, Oct 30, 2006
  13. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Taufik must be preparing for his exit with some sensational affairs so that he will be sought after in his retirement.

Hey man, this is pure McEnroe play --- great one Taufik ! You are a genius !:D

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, as a magician:p

15. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

Every sport has a charismatic person so that it will not be dull. Badminton fans, if not for Taufik, will be bored to tears with the Chinese regime of players winning tournament after tournament. I know I got bored with bagging LD or cheering LCW (and coming to noughts!).

Ask yourself, why is this thread of Taufik so popular ? Taufik is everything to badminton as much as maradona is to soccer and we cannot dispute that!:D

He has now got my vote as the most exciting player in badminton.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    In the past nobody would ask me for dvds on Taufik's matches. Now they all want dvds only on matches featuring him, even if he keeps losing. Very strange!

17. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

He is now a wanted commodity because of his popularity arising from his 'McEnroe' personality.

18. virusvoodoo

virusvoodoo Regular Member

court mopper
    I agree that he does attract some attention/controversies whenever he's around but one's gotta remember that too much of something CAN BE BAD. If he keeps this up, it'll get old real fast! Infact, many people aren't surprised if he does another walk-over so it is starting to get old with the "magic dissappearing" act. If he does not continue to practice and try people will be betting against him unless they are foolish and stupid due to blind fanatism.

19. X Ball

X Ball Regular Member

All he needs now is to win the next tournament and his 'stock' would rise with the SUN.

I cannot imagine his game falling apart as this goes on coz in time with practice he will come back. He knows his strength so well and that is why he can do what he does and still get people barracking for him.

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

yes, i don't disagree taufik is an exciting player, for now and it isn't due to his winning skills. It is the claim that TH is the greatest player and rhetoric excuses for losng that drives any sane person bonker.

All real badminton enthusiasts know and have seen how TH play. The new interests are from others whos interest lies in taufik oddity behavior. If this drive new people into badminton, that's great but i doubt it would last, just like Bart Simpsons famous 'I didn't do it' catch phrase.

another analogy: E-1000, oops:D

#100 cooler, Oct 30, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.