Chinese Domination 'Sickening'

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by DaN_fAn, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badminto_expert

badminto_expert Regular Member

Consultant
    Agree with your comment. because ina learn from the previous one that Nova/LN lost to ZB/GL in indonesia open. So know they do the samethings with ZB/GL.. INA pairs attact the Gao Ling.. Push Gao Ling move cross court and sometimes smash to Zheng bo.

Actually the China Double and Korea Double play the samethings. If you gavi them the stroke cross by cross and give the tactic slow and fast Is not Convenience for them.

Malaysia and Ina Double play almost the same. They very defensive and someone try to attack, they can bring the shuttlecock cross over, make slow and fast..

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You mean you are a serious contender?

Why don't three of you fight it out in the badminton court of course. The winner, playing the NSS 21 points round robin, will have the first choice to court the fair lady.

But since you already believe in democracy, the final choice is left to her, after being entertained by each of you, in ranking order.

So you know what to do - attack, attack, attack - the way to winning in the NSS (of course many will disagree including Chris@ccc) and our fair lady's heart! :cool:

3. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    If I could have 4 wives:
    1. Eriko
    2. Reiko
    3. Hwang Hye Youn
    4. ... options open (quite a number contending for this last spot)
    :)

4. samuel882

samuel882 Regular Member

Tour Leader
    Zhulin not ur taste? :D:D

5. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

this thread is Chinese Domination Sickening,... not how many wives and which wife u want.... OFF TOPIC...

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hey chongwei, give chance a bit lah!
    Chinese Domination getting not only sickening but also boring lah!

You see your namesake, LCW worked so hard, no social life, no girl friend, no time to go to the movies ... what happens in the end??? :eek:

7. george@chongwei

chinese have the best badminton player in the world, becoz they trained up from small...their GREAT WALL OF CHINA are hard to brake.... MAS must from school la, then daerah la then negeri then lots more.........i am sick with tis.... btw i still support LCW and the MAS badminton player....

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    She's in the category of "quite a number contending for the last spot".

Seriously though, I think the badminton girls can rival the tennis girls. No problems in that area, just need some marketing in the right direction. OTOH, we may not want fans that only go for the superficial.

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Can't argue that she's beautiful but she seems to be cold and unapproachable. Maybe now with her new title as WC Queen, her demands have gone skyhigh and beyond the means of ordinary badminton loving folks like you and me. :eek:

10. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    There's been so much discussion about Chinese domination that the discussion itself is sickening.

11. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I think Eriko is a perfect match for you in terms of height and build. Good choice! But do polish up your Japanese and be patient enough to teach her English. :p

12. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    I think the point is clear - badminton is simply not vogue enough, so nobody bothers to push millions of dollars to sponsor it.

And don't bother with the audience number malarkey - they can't afford most of the costs involved if badminton were run in the same way as tennis, golf or basketball.

Furthermore, who says there are 1.6 billion badminton fans in China? The sport competes for attention alongside football, basketball, pingpong and possibly Formula One soon. How about those who can't even afford a television or don't even like sports?

13. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    You make it sound as if it's for real. I will first have to come to terms with my wife consistently thrashing me in badminton.

14. george@chongwei

ya i have been very sick with the chinese team, btw there are very strong in badminton:mad::):)

15. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yah lah, I forgot. You have to polish up your badminton as well. Wah this one is hard lah. By the time you got to her level, she's already gone - to a world class singles player. ;)

16. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    (Younger members might not get this)

If you see a faded sign by the side of the road that says
    15 miles to the... BbbbbbbbCCCCCCCCCC! BC yeah yeah!

17. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    i stand to be corrected. I am not saying WC is not a prestigious or important tournament. Probably one of the best and one of the most important. But what my point is that in my eyes, winning 6 SS tournaments makes the player a better player than one who only won 1 WC. I stress that 1 WC is just 1 tournament. If Malaysia were to win WC, of course i would congratulate them, like I have congratulated the INA and CHN players. However, I would say: I would like to see whether they can reproduce their performance in the next tournaments, like what i merely said in the beginning. I said that its still early and we should see a few more tournaments. I have nothing against Indonesians.
    i think it is the INA supporters that are sensitive. You think i am trying to discredit INA's success. I am not. I am saying it is still early to determine anything. Although WC is important, it is after all 1 tournament. We can't decisively decide anything from just 1 tournament. Why don't the world rankings just have world number 1: player who won WC? WC has more ranking points, but at the end of the day, if a player can only win WC, he is not as good as a player who consistantly performs. And I have accepted MAS's failure. I said they completely f*cked up majorly. And besides, this issue isn't about how Malaysia failed. Its whether INA has recovered its powerhouse status.

18. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I don't get it. Does that mean I'm young? :)

19. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    wah... one day I gone we all become crazy fanboys not unlike the fangirls in the BCL/LD/FHF/CY forums arr... :p :D

20. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Not really - you might know it if you heard it. 1989, B-52s. Intro to a very famous song about partyin' and lovin', well mostly lovin', hence a very fitting soundtrack to the 'wives' bit of this thread. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.