Chinese Domination 'Sickening'

Discussion in 'World Championships 2007' started by DaN_fAn, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Hey, I already know your point! I am already convinced you think like that. Clear for me...

It is not many people's opinion, but hey that's your right to think that way...

2. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    but people still like arguing :D hope no one takes this personally...

3. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    let me clarify myself again - I think the World Championships are one of the most important tournaments after perhaps the Olympics. However, this does not mean that we should base a player's legacy or ability solely on that tournament. Rather, we should center around the themes of consistancy. However big the tournament, it is still ONE tournament, and it should not be viewed as the tournament that drowns out all other tournaments. If one player can win tournament after tournament and unexpetedly falls in the WC, that player is in my mind still better than the one that won it and didn't win as many as the prior one.

4. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Not mainstream...

I think your opinion is not mainstream, that's all... ;)

5. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    hey, we live in a diverse world... no need to shoot people for their differences - i respect yours, you respect mine :D peace!

6. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I don't think MK/HS are a flash in a pan. They are always there-abouts in the top echelon. But it is difficult to win titles because any pair in the top echelon can beat any other pair on their day (look, in the semis and the finals, they won each game by the minimum 2 points). This WC, it's just their turn.

However, if you want to compare KKK/TBH with MK/HS, then you should only list titles starting from the time when KKK/TBH formed.

7. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    just curious Torres, you are a pro China anti Indonesia Indonesian? we don't get many of that around here, aye Indra and taufik-ist? :D :D

8. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I actually agree with vching on this. There are many great players who we remember who did not win World Championships. There are also some not-so-remembered ones who had won WCs or Olympics.

Even if Lin Dan do not win an Olympic title (the most important in badminton) in his career, people will still remember him and think him a great player. If Chen Yu wins it next year, how many will continue to remember him in 10 years (no disrespect to him)?

Among the WC winners this year, I think only Zhu Lin has yet to really prove herself, only because she has been constantly overshadowed by her superiors, Zhang, Xie and others. The rest are already greats (Lin, Yang/Zhang, Widianto/Natsir) or on the way to becoming one (Kido/Setiawan). For Zhu Lin, it's difficult to predict because there are just so many talents in China. She could very possibly be a one-off lucky winner (I say lucky because if Wang Chen was not on her usual form).

9. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    completely agree with hcyong on this.

10. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    ... and Kido/Setiawan might be a 'great' a few years down the line, but i still don't consider them in the same league of CY FHF. SOrry, but i'm sure that they will get there one day.

11. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    torres is an anti indonesia indonesian :( :eek:, he's like tommy_bun but he's better he's still willing to congrat when ina team win.. :D

#211 taufik-ist, Aug 21, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  12. vching

vching Regular Member

Student
    tommy_bun is a anti Indonesian indonesian? hmm... definitely one of a kind as all Indonesians i know are so patriotic!

13. taufik-ist

it administrator
    what i meant is tommy_bun is still bettter than torres

14. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    I think that we shouldn't blame China for it's dominance, like most of you said. But other players should be able to catch up, which they are not doing. The only thing China is not dominant NOW is men's doubles. And it's a bit weird since the chief coach is an ex men's doubles player. And no, it is not interesting!! It is VERY BORING!!! That's why I keep away from women's doubles and singles most of the time.

15. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Reincarnation?

I suspect torres is a reincarnation of that other guy that BC banned awhile ago... [I think he was named INA_for_CHINA or something provocative like that] Forgot his exact name... but he was an Indonesian who keep rooting for China without much basis...

The word "unpatriotic" is an understatement to describe that other guy's attitude... :( Misguided, misinformed, and rude too...

#215 Krisna, Aug 21, 2007
  16. taufik-ist

it administrator
    it's ok for me if there is an indonesian who supports other country as long as he/she doesn't 'attack' or 'lower' ina players

17. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Patriots have weaknesses too...

Well, at least you won't see and hear me support a player/pair from another nation when they play against INA!

...with the exception of Reiko Shiota, Carolla Bott, and other very cute/sexy/pretty female players from other countries... :p :p :p :D :D :D ...then I will secretly support them... ;)

18. taufik-ist

it administrator
    reiko... oh you always make me happy :D :D :p...

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

For the XD..

..from what i saw, yes, Gao Ling's stamina partially played a factor (as i saw her involved in the previous night's Semis). But, IMO, it was Zheng Bo who seemed to make more errors or succumbed to the heavy pressures as Nova & Lilyana kept focusing on him & forced him to make plays. When i came to the stadium, i was quite surprised to see the score was 11-2 in favor of the INA, in the 1st set. Now, I don't know if the same strategy will be used by other pairs, the next time they play against Zheng Bo & Gao Ling, but it should be interesting.
    This brings my thought to, IF it was Zhang Jun who was playing with Gao Ling, would they have won the match??:rolleyes::confused:..That, we'll never know..:p

On the issue of CHN's dominance, well, need we look further at the fact that they have at least 1 player/pair ranked in the top 3 in all the events??..And i think that, in itself, speaks at how hard they have worked in achieving those rankings..;)

#219 ctjcad, Aug 21, 2007
  20. Torres

Torres Regular Member

Entrepreneur
    World's history in 1965:

Indonesia decides to quit from UNO
    Singapore declares their independence
    China's requests to be a member of UNO was refused for 15 times!!!

source : Buku Pintar (1995;p.689).
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

isn't it show CHN's willingness to take part in int'l aspects?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.