VICTOR HX-800LTD Power and VICTOR HX-800LTD Control

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by wning, Apr 28, 2016.

1. awesomista

awesomista Regular Member

what about duora 3u weight ?
    im used to duora 10 3u... is this 800p 3u heavier or -+ with duora 10 weight ?

2. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    There is no heavier or lighter between YY and victor. 3U for both companies is the weight range of 85.0-89.9g. If you are worried about the frame weight, you're gonna have to buy a weighing scale and weigh your own duora 10 and then find the closest copy at the shop. I hope your original grip is on as that will make the job easier. Otherwise you'll have to weigh the duora without strings and grip and then add about 7g to it to account for the original grip's weight.

3. awesomista

so it is the same.... all right, im capable of handling 3u duora, now im ready and getting excited...
    because when i buy mx 90 3u it is abit lighter than duora/another 3u racket, i thought because im now stronger lol.... but everything changed when i tried 4u HX... lol it feels heavier

4. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    If you mean the head weight and swing weight being heavier then yes. The Power is definitely more of a beast than the duora 10. Not to mention stiffer. The control would be a wiser choice to complement the D10.

5. awesomista

but i dont have duora 10 anymore due to clash and cracked, i have to sold it for around 30-40% buying price
    and the clash is not really serious vicious clash, just a normal clash against zig 6 sense toalson. my MX 90 suffered so many clash and not even a scratch... only 1 dent because of a serious clash between mx90 and BS 12N when fighting strong enemies, getting too excited.

MX 90 is my replacement for duora 10... and decided to sell it, hopefully someone will buy this and im ready to try the power...

what about BS 12L 4u ? i have this for backup and speedy play.. is 800 control -+ on the same category like this BS ? while mx/duora on the same category with 800 power

6. awesomista

any new review for this racket ?
    how much is the sales of this racket globally ??????
    i can't wait to get it on my hands maybe next week the racket will come..............................

7. egubber

egubber New Member

Could anyone speak to the stiffness of the 800P 3u vs. the zf2 4u? I felt that the zf2 was a bit too stiff for me, so is the 800P less so? I'm concerned about shoulder strain.

Also, does the 800P 3u have a higher swing weight than zf2 4u?

8. awesomista

Looking at the website, the stiffness is the same as mx90
    Im an mx 90 user... no strain at all, but youre right, zf2 is not for beginners, and only powerfull arm can handle it...

I ve got this on my hands... looking out to use this tomorrow...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

9. Renmazuo27

Renmazuo27 Regular Member

I've finally gotten my hands one one of these and my thoughts so far after 2 sessions.

I'm a 4u sledgehammer user (ZF2, VT80 & 80e).

My hx800p is strung with Gosen G-Tone 5 @26lb and I have a PU grip on top of the original grip.

Stiffness: It's a fairly stiff racket. It's solid, but responds well. I would liken it to a VT80 or a z-speed in terms of stiffness.

Head Heaviness: Due to me having a penchant for PU grips on top of the original, this may have negated the slight weight in the head for me. It feels more balanced altogether with a little bit of head weight. I have to put more effort into the clears but strangely I was happy with the smashes.

It's no ZF2 in terms of head heaviness but when I first had a play with it (no additional grip & unstrung) it felt like a more stable but slightly (not by much) head heavier Nanoray Z-Speed.

You can't use the weight in head-heavy rackets with this to get you the angle. You have to work for that with the 800p.

I'm primarily a doubles player and like to play in the net/midcourt areas. For me this racket shines here. It is quick and stable with drives and any flat interchanges. I also like how stable it is with the wristier/whippy shots with no discernible lag in the head or shaft.

If I were to have any criticism of the 800P, it would be the lack of head weight but this is purely on my preferences (considering my racket history). I may tinker with adding weight tape to the head to see if it gets a bit more punchy.

Overall though, this is a keeper until Victor release something akin to a sledgehammer

10. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    I bought the racket few days ago and yesterday I played it for 2 games and my first impression with this racket is really "surprising", not the same feeling like JS10. Very high repulsion so difficult to control. Strung the racket with NBG99 28/30 and for the very first time, I felt like I'm using thin string but actually NBG99 is quite thick string. I need to play more often with this racket and perhaps will use BG65 at 28/30, just to reduce the repulsion effect.

11. hm_andhika

hm_andhika Regular Member

Consultant and Technology Enthusiast
    I played 2 games with HX800P last night and now i have full control over my game. Perhaps the string bed is getting better. I can't tell which one is better, HX800P 3U or JS10 3U? Both delivers such an excellent performance, score 5/5.

12. Japrax7

Japrax7 Regular Member

Working at a Great Company
    Just like I told you before that you will love this HX800P... Enjoy your new weapon bro...
    :):););):p:p

13. awesomista

Faking new weapon, made my dropshot and low serve more accurate than beforeee... this turns me onn

14. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

Bro, is 220 frame only or with string?

15. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I hear neither Power or Control rackets will be available in 2017 except for shops that carry stock. They are limited edition and therefore not due to stay in the range. Whether they will resurface under a different name is anyones guess. However, I feel it's a shame and would prefer Victor to drop the original 800 in favour of the power version.

I'll be testing the Control version this weekend and write a review soon. However I will film a video review this weekend.

Paul

yippo888 and ucantseeme like this.
  16. awesomista

Glad i bought this beauty

paulstewart64 likes this.
  17. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    Vote for a video where we see your mystic partner ;) who fires the bombs of nearly every review. ;)

18. adrian siswanto

adrian siswanto Regular Member

Can someome compare it to JS 12? Because im confused which one i wanna buy. I play MD. Usually behind player. Often do powerful smash and Good defender. Current racket is the lining turbocharging n9 and i love it. Any advance player recommendation?

19. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Well I certainly wont be selling my #3 one now then. It's still in the bag unstrung where it will stay until needed.

20. awesomista

Sometimes **** happen... just a small weak clash with bs12 and it leave a mark :( only a paint chip but it is so sad