2016 Victor Far East MALAYSIA Masters - Qualification-FINALS (19th-24th January)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Master / Syed Modo International / Thaila' started by CLELY, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Imagine the disputed fault occurred at this stage, 19-all ?

2. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

What a backhand clear, damn!

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

First, it was Iskandar Zainuddin, then KKK/TBH, to rise to the occasion on home soil. Well done. I sensed that LCW didn't want to be embarrassed losing the semifinal to TS in front of the home crowd; hence it partly explained his (over-?) reaction to that one controversial point in the beginning of G1. I mean , most players would have initially protested, naturally, then shrugged it off and get on with the match.

But, to be frank, the tournament referee's final decision to rule a let is the correct one, just that he took too long to make a stand based on his understanding of what is presumably in the rulebook.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Funny seeing Rashid Sidek, LCW's former coach, guiding his opponent at the interval whilst Hendrawan , an Indonesian, is instructing LCW.

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Apparently, the match is slipping away from Tommy now, 9-13, in G2.

6. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

LCW usually plays better and with more confidence when he has a clear lead.

7. **KZ**

**KZ** Regular Member

Student
    kirsty gilmour is actually very talented. though she is very very inconsistent. used to be touted as one from europe to look out for after carolina marin. in fact both of them had a short rivalry.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Kirsty Gilmour is a surprise finalist, I believe she can give Sindhu a run for her money.

9. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

A few words about the Iskandar and Srikanth match. Srikanth has a good attack but he uses it at the wrong moments. Iskandar has a strong defence and good attack also. The problem with Srikanth was he kept attacking Iskandar in the 1st game where Iskandar were able to return a lot of the shots. then Sri tried for the lines and lost many points.

iskandar hardly attack in the 1st game but he attacked at the crucial moment that is at the 19-19 or 19-20 points that rattled Srikanth. From then on Srikanth game is riddled with errors.

The 2nd game Iskandar attack more and Srikanth mental state has gone. Sri kanth is still rawand inexperience, He has not played against many variety of players and thats why he was flumoxed as too how to play Iskandar. Moving Iskandar around with rallies could have been advantageous to him in the 1st game.

I hope Iskandar can maintain his consistency and further improve on his stamina and defence. If he could just improve on some attacking shots as well he will be a very difficult player to play against and will be handful fro Vixtor Tian Kento and Chou. He reminds me of Foo Kok keong.

10. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

exchange coach to each other...

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Working the whole day today so very tired by now but still need to continue working till 11-12 late midnight. No choice. Then I miss all the fun as usual. I couldn't get to watch any of the matches live. Luckily my friends watching live at the stadium kept me updated with the scores. Wow my friends said so many supporters supporting the Malaysian players.

There were among the few shouting Korea win, Korea win. But then it all went up in smoke. My friends were all left crying in tears after the match is over.

12. blabl

blabl Regular Member

My friends have updates me with the results according to the players who will be playing in the finals tomorrow.

Scotland - 1 player (WS)

Indonesia - 1 player (MD)

India - 1 player (WS)

Japan - 1 player (WD)

China - 2 players (WD, XD)

Malaysia - 4 players (2 MS, 1 XD, 1 MD).

13. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

my prediction:

XD: CHN
    WS: IND
    MD: INA
    WD: JPN
    MS: MAS

14. blabl

blabl Regular Member

My friends were there all shouting aloud for Sung Ji Hyun to win. They shouted so loud. Then it all went wrong. Sung Ji Hyun lose the match embarrassingly. My friends felt so sad they cried aloud. They said no representatives anymore in WS category. Then they said it is okay we believe the WD and MD will win later. To be honest my friends said Sindhu really played very well today. They said Sung Ji Hyun on the other hand played horribly today. She just couldn't play the right strokes at the right time.

Then next came the WD match and they were all left crying in tears again. Chang Ye Na / Lee So Hee played so horribly today. Too bad. They just couldn't find ways to penetrate and win the China WD. They really run out of ideas and played badly today. My friends all cried felt very sad. Them they said it is okay we are very confident that the MD will win.

So they stayed back to watch the match of the MD and to their horror, Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang played so badly today. It seems that both of them just couldn't play and couldn't find ways to win over the Malaysian MD. They seemed to play so badly and just didn't know what to do to win. So when they lost my friends all cried extremely loud because there will be no Korea players left to play in the finals tomorrow. That means Korea won't have a chance now to win any tittles tomorrow. So sad.

I myself also cried personally after listening to the bad news. :crying:

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

My friends have all came up with this predictions for tomorrow match.

XD - Malaysia
    MD - Malaysia
    WD - China
    WS - India
    MS - Malaysia

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

My friends all have the opportunity to meet up with Tan Kian Meng today. They managed to interview him and asked him some questions. Tan Kian Meng said that he was very happy indeed to be very happy to enter the finals of the tournament. Last year he said he also had the opportunity to enter the finals of a tournament but with a different partner Peck Yen Wei. He said is just too happy. He admitted that he is not a good player and he himself never even expect that he will enter the finals fo the tournament. Then he said winning over my own Malaysian XD and also highly ranked players in this tournament has certainly helped me to gain my confidence. Now I will continue to work hard to improve my game.

My friends all said that they also managed to ask the people watching the matches live at the stadium and found out that Tan Kian Meng is indeed a very good player. Just that he is very humble and never proud of his own result. Fantastic. My friends are all so amazed by his performance.

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The next thing is about Iskandar. My friends also have the opportunity to interview Iskandar after the whole match is over. Iskandar said now I still cannot believe that I have enter the finals of the tournament. I still cannot believe it. I felt as if I am framing now. I never expect myself to won so many highly ranked players to enter the finals. The best part is I will get to play with Lee Chong Wei tomorrow. I will definitely try my best to win the match tomorrow. I know that it is going ot be very tough but I won't give up.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

After the whole tournament is over, my friends said one thing. The Malaysian players really played extremely well beyond expectations. Even their junior players have entered the finals. My friends felt so sad that the Korean players have lost. But then they also did evaluate the Korean players performance and found out that Korean players really didn't okay well throughout the whole tournament.

They said of course we felt very sad when Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang lost today. But then we have nothing to say and we cannot blame anybody because Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong really played very well today. Too well. The Korean players on the other hand were so sluggish and didn't play well. Of course we wouldn't blame anybody.

Even when Sung Ji Hyun lost today we cannot blame anybody. She didn't play well. On the other hand we would like to congratulate Sindhu because she played so well today. Overall my friends admitted that the Malaysian players have been very good throughout the whole tournament. They noticed that Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong have been playing extremely well throughout the whole tournament. They said the beat performing player for them are Iskandar and Tan Kian Meng / Lai Pei Jing. They added that Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying also played very well plus Lee Chong Wei too.

My friends said that they are so impressed with Sindhu and Kirsty Gilmour performance because they played so well beyond expectations. Wow they said what an unexpected outcome indeed.

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

So all the best to the players who will be playing in the finals tomorrow.

#239 blabl, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

FINALS (02.00pm local time) => http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/s...5E58BA-9DC6-4161-B20A-16FD377EDD0D&d=20160124

XD, Zheng Siwei/Li Yinhui (CHN) v Tan Kian Meng/Lai Pei Jing (MAS)
    H-2-H stats : 0-0
    The unranked Chinese juniors as this is their first tournament playing together will take on local unseeded pair, none can predict these two finalists will storm into last round, both of them have created non-stop upsets to book final spot. Zheng/Li knocked out Ahmad Natsir, Shin/Chae, Lee CH/Chau HW while Tan/Lai dumped Jordan/Susanto, Chan PS/Goh LY, interesting fact as all favourites couldn't reach finale.

WS, P.V. Sindhu (IND) v Kirsty Gilmour (SCO)
    H-2-H : 0-1
    Second Grand Prix Gold final for Scottish starlet Kirsty Gilmour after 2013 defunct London GP Gold, her last hurdle is former winner P.V. Sindhu who battled hard to oust top-seed Sung JH in semifinal. On paper scenario, the higher-ranked Sindhu who's more familiar to play in top level tournaments will retain her 2013 title but nothing impossible for Gilmour to create breakthrough in her badminton career. She did excellently to dispose two resilient Japanese players Saena Kawakami and Yui Hashimoto also Thailand #2 Busanan as well.

MD, Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong (MAS) v Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA)
    Experience delivers winning way as home independent combination came from behind to topple number one seed and hot favourite Kim GJ/Kim SR, Koo/Tan are getting closer to grab Rio ticket. The former elite combo will face Indonesian upcoming pair Gideon/Sukamuljo who indicate pretty good development so far and scored some surprises here to tame former world champion Ko SH/Shin BC at secong round and 8th seed Lee SM/Tsai CH in last eight.

WD, Misaki Matsutomo/Ayaka Takahashi (JPN) v Tang Yuanting/Yu Yang (CHN)
    A rematch of last year China Open Premier final, this potential Chinese combination outplayed second seed Chang YN/Lee SH with their various shots that frustrated Korean pair. Former world number one Matsutomo/Takahashi played extra game against their teammate Matsuo/Naito at quarterfinal and troubled by Chinese youngsters in semifinal. Tang/Yu is favoured to snatch another GP Gold title tomorrow unless the Japanese could apply better strategy to block their opponent attacking style.

MS, Lee Chong Wei (MAS) v Iskandar Zulkarnain Zainuddin (MAS)
    H-2-H : 0-0
    It's all Malaysian final, what a fantastic tournament for the underdog and nothing to lose Zainuddin. He demonstrated superb fighting spirit to eliminate Srikanth, trailed behind at early stages, catched up and forced deuce before sealed first game. Home hero Lee CW is doing his routine to cruise into another final and most likely will top podium tomorrow, he's little bit sloppy at the beginning against Sugiarto before found the rhythm and propelled his lethal smashes and accurate dropshots.

#240 CLELY, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2016