All England 2010 Quarter Final - Friday, March 12th

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2010' started by aulia, Mar 11, 2010.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

There's also another article but from Sin Chew, LD said something, maybe you & Suet Yan read from chinese language press :)

2. eaglehelang

Strategy, strategy.For ranking MS1, MS2, MS3 for TC. AE & Swiss are one of the tourneys left bf TC. China does that sometimes.
    Tago beat CJ, match was played 1st. So, between Bao & LD, looks to me they fought it out. If CJ had won, then different scenario. ;)

3. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..that's a better reason. But, really, between the 3 of them, does it matter anyway who ends up as 1st or 2nd or 3rd MS for CHN in the upcoming TC??..:confused:

4. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Limsy, I hope you understand I am just joking with you in this forum. I don't know you nor met you so I have no intention of 'attacking' you, nothing personal and if I do offend you, I apologize. I am almost approaching retirement age (even though I am still young, career wise) and learn that jokes, humour and laughter can ease stress and live happier and longer. I deal with C$110M projects each year and with many contractors, consultants, clients every day and if I take things so hard up, I not you will die.
    Tonight, I have lots of fun, I think the most postings I made since I join BC, not quite sure I come close to your average posting yet, good night and I am counting 'sheep1, sheep2,....';):)

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    here is the article for lindan interview after the 1st round match
    http://www.badmintoncn.com/News/c/201003/20100311212959.html

“百年全英也只是普通的比赛,今年对我而言更重要的是汤杯和世锦赛。”
    the 100th ae is only another ordinary tournament,thomas cup and world championship is more important to me this year

林 丹还透露,他是否会参加全英之后的瑞士公开赛还要依照这次比赛的情况决定。
    lin dan says,the decision to play in next week swiss open is depend on this his condition/form in all england

my translation of course,it wont be far from what lindan means,o.1mm maybe;)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ya
    of course
    and most of ur last 100 post is about replying me or mentioning me;)
    good night

7. eaglehelang

It does for other countries. Some find CJ easier to beat, some Bao. As we have also seen, Fu/Cai lost this time in QF, fresh, their 1st tourney of the year.
    If in TC, MS1 won, MD1 lost, MS2 lost, MD2 also lost(Guo/Xu Chen or CB/ZN not guarantee can win)...., then China in trouble. INA can come up with stratch pair with veterans, Sony or Simon can handle CJ

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

off topic-...

..some countries can find CJ or BCL "easier to beat", sure. But really, can they realistically win 2 out of 3 or even 3 out of 3 against CHN's MS. The key is the Singles and CHN has the best three MS players. The only other country, imo, which has a decent MS3 vs. CHN is INA (Simon S.).
    Remember also CHN have the youngster MD pair (if the coaching staff decides to take along and play) who can probably beat most of the 2nd MD pair from other countries.
    Remember 2008 TC?? INA even had a scratch MD pair ready to play against KOR in the Semis and what happened?..So, there's no guarantee the other countries' MD pairs could win vs. CHN..
    I wouldn't worry abt CHN's TC squad, even with this AE results. I'm sure they'll come ready to defend their TC title (and like others have mentioned, "the 100th ae is only another ordinary tournament,thomas cup and world championship is more important to me this year").

#1648 ctjcad, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  9. volcom

volcom Regular Member

LD too busy with commercial stuff.
    He needs to get his act together or he'll fall apart

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    ld has fallen apart already and everybody knows this but some still thinks he is invincible. he couldn't be trained anymore and it would be a waste of our time to wait and see him perform...again:crying:

even lyb allows all the 3 of them to bang each other as what the press reported.

ld is history:mad:

11. volcom

volcom Regular Member

Above post *marked for future reference*

12. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

:p..typo, again.. Sorry, it's not 1977 but in 1966. Flemming Delfs defeated Liem Swie King in the 1977 AE MS Final. And if the stat is correct, Tan Aik Huang defeated H. Akiyama in the 1966 AE MS Final.

13. DairyRon

DairyRon Regular Member

Student
    quite interesting this year, MD title hold by Denmark. Kenichi Tago reach to final.

14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Don't get too hasty now. The AE was good for LD as it gave him a jolt of reality. It made him realize how unprepared he was. He has been living a glamour life of late and neglected his training. The last time I checked, he was a badminton player. Without badminton, he doesn't attain the riches and lifestyle he's accustomed to.

So he's going back to the drawing board and will come out firing at the TC. He now knows what he's up against. Unlucky for everyone, fortunate for China. LD is too proud a man to be considered a footnote. He will be hungry. He wants to be the man, and only the man.

#1654 madbad, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  15. badMania

badMania Regular Member

2 successive failures for Lin Dan and that just shows that he could lose to anybody without any proper training and match exposure.

I expected him to sweep the EAG Gold but he failed.

So, he skipped the MAS SS to prepare solely for the AE but failed to sparkle yet again, losing to Bao in 3 tight-sets.

The Thomas Cup should be gift-wrapped for Team CHN as I don't see any team can come close to beating them (including INA, KOR, MAS, and DEN). The key test will be in the World Championships and the Asian Games (more emphasis put on this one since it will be played in front of the ferocious home crowd in Guangzhou).

Considering that he will have to play both the team and individual event back-to-back, it will be a stern test for him :cool:

16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how about next week?
    u think will he play?
    or will he perform?:confused:

17. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Expect a lot of withdrawals next week...if LCW wins..he will withdraw ( may be)

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

That's a good point. Opportunity for 2nd tier players to win a SS event.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    why?
    lcw is good enough for back to back title
    or he is too gan jiong to back to malaysia for another title?:rolleyes:
    in my opinion
    lcw should play in swiss open

20. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    If I win AE..I wont go to next tournament....I am going home for celebration...well..lets see........:rolleyes: