Zakry Latif & Fairuzizuan Tazari aka Fuzzy pair

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by eaglehelang, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    u mean pair like mak/tan or even ow/yew cannot beat the Nigerian player?;)

2. markchan

markchan Regular Member

No, I mean now that we have submitted their names in the Team List, we cant change as and when we like. So, might as well use them against the weaker team and save KKK/TBH some energy..:D

3. adamahmad90

adamahmad90 Regular Member

teacher
    i still choose mak / tan to be malaysia 2nd md.. not fuzzy.. fuzzy, COME ON!!! WAKE UP FROM UR DREAMZ.....!!!!!:eek::eek:

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    If fuzzy not chosen into the team, a BIG IF Msia win Thomas cup... then there will only be One "Son of the Land" to distribute the money, land & etc...

If there is only One "Son of the Land" than the Government might not give that MUCH!

#464 SibugiChai, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    am a split man. To re-energize.

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    even a brainless people know mak/tan or chan/lim or teo/goh is better than fuzzy;)

7. adamahmad90

teacher
    mak/tan is much more better than fuzzy... give them a chance and im sure they will shine in tc

#467 adamahmad90, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  8. adamahmad90

teacher
    fuzzy have been chosen just because of their experience... but based on current performance, does their experience can really help them ? we can just wait n see.. hehehe:D

9. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Rexy not worried over defeat suffered by Fairuzizuan-Zakry

They are playing their normal game and it was a good fight against their younger opponents when they increased their pace,” he said.
    “If Fairuz-Zakry were up against Fu Haifeng-Cai Yun (now the Chinese second ranked pair), I think they would have won the match for Malaysia.
    “Hee Chun-Wee Kiong played without any pressure and they proved they are worthy candidates to be considered for the Commonwealth Games and the Asian Games if they continue with this form.
    “What’s more important is how we keep to build up their confidence heading into the start of the Thomas Cup competition on May 9 when we play against Nigeria. It was important for Fairuz-Zakry to play against Hee Chun-Wee Kiong as they will probably face younger pairs in the Finals.”
    Otherwise, it was smooth-sailing for the Thomas Cup squad as the cruised through their respective matches.
    About 200 fans turned up to watch the simulation tie. They played their part in cheering the shuttlers and Rexy was pleased with the way it turned out.
    “We had a simulation tie too at Gym Two in Bukit Jalil for the last Thomas Cup two years ago and the atmosphere was quiet with only the coaches and media people showing up. I’m happy that there were people watching them play this time,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/4/29/sports/6155103&sec=sports

:rolleyes:

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    All this "son-of-the-land" thing is just crap. Do we want to be like countries where whom you know or who you are lands you a place in the team?

This would not have happened from the 40s to the early-90s. There was a time when our world conquering squad of that time had only one qualified "son-of-the-land" or none at all. BAM and the Malaysian Government should grow up.

Whether or not the Fuzzy pair was selected for experience, they surely didn't show it much in last night's match.

Having said that, Mak/Tan too aren't really ready to take over, lacking the edge to sustain their rhythm and power to land huge blows. A lot of point blank smashes didn't hit the mark.

Among the 2nd squad, only Hoon/Ong did play well and put Koo/Tan under significant pressure.

11. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Wow, if they play like this, can beat Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng.

Mak/Tan can beat Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng too?

Let's see Hoon/Ong performance against Fuzzy this time... :D After Hoon/Ong retires Mak/Tan will be 2nd MD in strength, if not they are either on par or below Hoon/Ong.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    O.O

mak/tan is better than ong/hoon except in defence and experience;)

13. undeadshot

Apparently not, since Hoon/Ong are still chosen for TC... ;)
    I still believe that they are overrated after beating JJS/LYD, but as far as I'm concerned, Mak/Tan has way more time than Hoon/Ong! :D

Anyone knows if there will be another simulation match? I want to see Hoon/Ong up against Fuzzy and Mak/Tan against KKK/TBH.

14. adamahmad90

teacher
    i agree with u... with 1 big win against the top korean pair, it didnt show that ong/hoon are better than mak/tan... but whatever it is, i still think that ong/hoon & mak/tan are 1 level better and fuzzy... :D

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Errrr, quota issue. Anyway, Mak/TWK arent really good enough to be 2nd MD...yet. Should be CPS/LKW 1st ;)

16. undeadshot

Let's see their progress under Tan Kim Her. The plus that Mak/TWK has is that they have time on their side. :)

Time is running out for Hoon/Ong, so they definitely can't be Malaysia's 2nd MD from the next year onwards.

Lim/Chan form not good at the start of this year. Have to see-lah. :D

17. adamahmad90

teacher
    is there any difference of md training method between tan kim her n rexy mainaky? under rexy, our md seems like shinning very fast but at the same their performance fade too soon... well, we should give time for tan kim her to groom the youngsters to become more consistent world beater

18. undeadshot

I don't really know the difference in MD training method, but there definitely should be some. However, Tan Kim Her has groomed Korea's men's doubles to be world beaters, although I must admit that Lee Yong Dae is special, Tan Kim Her has done a great job with him. Now, we have Mak Hee Chun who is a world junior champion, although not as special as Lee Yong Dae. Let's see what Tan Kim Her can do with him. I would like it if Mak/Tan is consistent as opposed to KKK/TBH :D

The day I'll be really happy is when Chan/Lim or Mak/Tan beats KKK/TBH or any of the top 4 anytime. Then, I know we have good potential successors :D

#478 undeadshot, Apr 29, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  19. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

Sorry for butting in but I think it makes some sense that a pair who has played and suceeded in Thomas cup finals get to play finals as team events are really about team spirit and experience. This has always been the practice in past Thomas Cups.
    It is not a question who can beat who but rather how seasoned campaigners cope with pressure and crowd influence. In fact Roslin Hashim and Hafiz have in the past shown good performance in the Thomas Cup, Roslin eg.helped Msia into the 98 Finals, Hafiz in 2002, they are not completely useless.
    I understand how you feel and why you feel aggrieved but it may turn out that the decision is actually correct. I am not disputing the fact that there may be bias in decision making,quotas etc and other agenda, but I think let's see whether they deliver, then there lies the proof. At the moment its about wait and see.

20. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Looks like this pair is history now. Selamat Jalan. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.