Yonex Stringing Pattern

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Neil Nicholls, Jul 20, 2004.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Maybe the 10% higher cross string tension has something to do with the dimension of the racquet frame beam and its cross section. If you look carefully, a badminton racquet has a frame beam that is slightly tapered, the head of the frame is smaller than the rest of the frame, with the part near the throat being the thickest. Modern badminton racquets are made of composites with epoxy resin being the binder, giving the racquets certain elasticity. If you press an unstrung racquet by the sides of the frame towards the centre, the frame will "give" and becomes longer. Releasing your hands will see the racquet regaining its original shape. It is this elasticity and the varying thickness of the racquet frame that have something to do with the 10% higher cross tension.
    Let me explain. The thinnest part of the frame is the head, roughly from 10 o'clock to 2 o'clock. This part of the frame bears the main strings, with very little of it taken up by the cross strings. The first cross string starts only at grommet 7 at the top, near the 2 o'clock position. Therefore, almost all the cross strings are not strung on the weaker frame head. Stringing the mains means compressing the weaker head vertically. Stringing the crosses on the stronger part of the frame will compress less, if the same tension as the mains is used on the crosses. Therefore, a slightly higher compressive force (tension) is necessary on the crosses to "equalize" the tension on the mains. Older racquets made of aluminium do not have this elasticity. Any tension difference between the mains and crosses on such inelastic racquets is pointless.
    How does it sound? :D

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    it's still reshaping the racket but in more words. LOL :p

3. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
  4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
  5. lkomarci

lkomarci Regular Member

i was just wondering...i'm a noob in racquet stringing so...using the technique described for "Other racquets"...should i have the string in one piece and then cut it when i get to knot B8 or can i cut off like 3 metres of string or something before the stringing. my fex coach told me that he cuts the string in 2 pieces so he doesn't have to thread the whole 10 metres through each of the holes. cuz in the end my pattern has 2 knots and his pattern has 4 knots...he told me it works much faster this way cuz then he has to thread only 5 metres of string instead of 10. it takes me a long time to do that so if someone knows plz tell me if i can cut the string in two pieces and how long should these two pieces be?

6. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

18 foot for mains and 15 foot for crosses is normal for Iso.

mains can be a bit less for oval.

For Prince Y frames that have 18 mains and 22 crosses you can use 17 foot and 15 foot

7. lkomarci

lkomarci Regular Member

ok i'll remember that Neil. thank you